PDA

View Full Version : crash yesterday at 85/87 exit and academy offramp

arata954
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Two people died Sunday in a motorcycle accident on the south side of Colorado Springs.
Colorado State Patrol say the victims were riding the motorcycle on S. Academy in between I-25 and Highway 85 when they were hit by a car.
Charles Coggin, 47, was killed in the crash, along with his passenger who has not yet been identified. Neither victim was wearing a helmet and both died at the scene of the crash.
The car's driver, 18-year-old Brandon Howard of Fort Carson, says the vehicle lost control of its brakes momentarily and was trying to get off the road.
Howard has been charged with two counts of vehicular homicide. He was also charged with participating in a speed contest, or road race.
Howard is being held at the El Paso County Jail on bond. Alcohol and drugs are not suspected in the accident.
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/35685374.html

sucks, they werent wearing helmets, and from what i heard the kid was doing 65 in a 45. im prior army so when i say this dont get offended, but fucking privates can be so stupid at times. as for the bikers, i really wish we had a mandatory helmet law.

thought ans prayers my mates :drink:

salsashark
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
sucks, they werent wearing helmets, and from what i heard the kid was doing 65 in a 45. im prior army so when i say this dont get offended, but fucking humans can be so stupid at times. as for the bikers, i really wish we had a mandatory helmet law.

thought ans prayers my mates :drink:
fixed it for ya

RIP to the riders...

thatmofo
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Saw part of this on the news yesterday but missed the part that it was caused by street racing.

Prayers for the families of the riders.

caddygsxr
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
R.I.P. riders :(

pilot
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 12:42 AM
That mandatory helmet law is not far into the distant future. Many insiders are realizing that there are going to be a several rounds of give and takes to get what is needed on the books for increased awareness and safety for riders. But that doesn't mean that we are bullet proof. Just look at Andrew Trevitt--poor bastard.

Sad news again on another set of riders being killed by drivers not in control.

R1chie
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I wish people would quit trying to force others to do what they want due to safety. It is up to the rider whether they wear helmets or not, they know the consiquences and often in high speed collisions, a helmet may not save them.

Motorcycles are dangerous, some people wish we could get rid of them all together. Sportbikes should not be given to people because they are too high performance and kill to many people. Too many harley riders drink and drive, lets get rid of Harleys. Motorcycles kill a much higher ratio of people in accidents, even in helmet states. Motorcycles are too dangerous. We need to force people not to be able to ride them for safety reasons. The reason to force people are for the same reason. People are too stupid to be able to make a decision to wear a helmet or not so we should force them to wear one. But if we are trying to protect and save them shouldn't we just remove motorcycles? The are hard for cagers to see and make it too difficult for people to drive the roads trying to avoid motorcycles. People kill themselves on them, they are much more dangerous than cars so lets force them into cars. Same reasoning.

My prayers go out to the familys affected by the death of the riders.

XJ600s
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:10 AM
RIP riders

The riders were the victims here, been a while since I've seen a motorcycle death caused by a speeding cager, instead of "the motorcycle may have been speeding at the time of the accident".

I disagree above. I think that helmets should be mandatory (like seatbelts). That if you are caught riding without one, it is a large fine (like click-it or ticket). But a given number of violations would result in a loss of the motorcycle endorsement.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
RIP riders :(

Fuck your helmet law. Stop trying to tell me what to do.

R1chie
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM

You do have a way with words. Short, sweet, and more to the point than anything I could say. :) Too bad there are not more who think like you do.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry, I am a blunt person, you know that :) I am not poetic or versed enough to say what I want with a lot of fancy adverbs and dangling participles hahaha

Either way, I don't want my right to choose taken away and I am very adamant about that.

Maybe we should force all motor vehicle drivers to be surrounded by a "nerf" like material, for their own good. /welcome to China

Brat
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Either way, I don't want my right to choose taken away and I am very adamant about that.

Maybe we should force all motor vehicle drivers to be surrounded by a "nerf" like material, for their own good. /welcome to China

lol. indeed, well said, both times.

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
RIP riders :(

:imwithstupid: I choose to wear a helmet, but I understand the choice not to....

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
That mandatory helmet law is not far into the distant future. Many insiders are realizing that there are going to be a several rounds of give and takes to get what is needed on the books for increased awareness and safety for riders. But that doesn't mean that we are bullet proof. Just look at Andrew Trevitt--poor bastard.

Sad news again on another set of riders being killed by drivers not in control.
Reading the article in the link, Andrew was "testing tires"....wonder if he was perhaps riding faster than he should have been for the conditions? Not that there's any excuse for making a u-turn in a situation with limited visibility, but it makes me wonder. In the end analysis, the only person that has any substantive control over your safety (or lack thereof) is you.

RF900guy
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM

I look at this 2 ways.

1. If you ride a motorcycle then you should wear a helmet. I don't want to be forced by the law to wear a helmet but it just makes common sense to me.

2. If you do not want to wear a helmet then why are you forcing your will onto someone else that will have to clean up your head material (brains, skull, eyes or anything else that gets crushed) from the road. Why should we be forced to pay for you life when you become a backet case from cracking your skull on the road.

Pandora-11
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
As much as I'd love to see everyone wear a helmet, we can't always legislate everything. What's coming soon is the total banning of cell phones in cars and then banning your burger or diet coke.....then, no talking to your children in the back seat and then helmets in your car are required and then a seat belt for your dog and then everyone must become a vegan for their health and then....and then and then...see the point. Our freedoms are taking hits daily. We can educate, but legislating gets tricky.
At some point PEOPLE must take responsibility for their own safety.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I look at this 2 ways.

1. If you ride a motorcycle then you should wear a helmet. I don't want to be forced by the law to wear a helmet but it just makes common sense to me.

2. If you do not want to wear a helmet then why are you forcing your will onto someone else that will have to clean up your head material (brains, skull, eyes or anything else that gets crushed) from the road. Why should we be forced to pay for you life when you become a backet case from cracking your skull on the road.

What if I wear a helmet and my guts spill all over the road? Brain stays intact?

What if, wearing a seatbelt, you get in a car accident and snap your spine, basket case?

What if?

No one is forcing anyone to clean up body parts. It is either their job, that they are paid for, or they volunteer. FORCING a helmet law is ridiculous. I am tired of going over this again and again. Neither YOU nor the government knows what is best for me. I know what is best for me. I CHOOSE to ride a bike. I CHOOSE to wear a lid. I CHOOSE to fight anyone who wants to take that right away from me. When you loose your right to choose, you loose your right to live free.

Maybe you should have to, by law, wear a respirator on smoggy days here in CO. Ya know, I would not want you getting sick and forcing US to have to pay for your medical bills.

/go moderate your children and leave the adults alone.

Not a personal attack BTW: I saw BOTH of your points :) This is directed at those who are just as adamant about a helmet law as I am AGAINST one!!

salsashark
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm with Dana on this one...

Wearing a helmet should be a choice. A smart one, but a choice none the less.

If you don't think you need to wear one, then you probably don't.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Grrrr. I hate to sully up a thread like this so I am finished. Sorry to the family of the riders for your loss.

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Why should we be forced to pay for you life when you become a backet case from cracking your skull on the road.

Every time this issue comes up, I ask if the proponents of helmet laws have any statistical evidence that lack of helmet laws cause an increase in costs to the public. I haven't seen any such evidence. In fact, one could argue that wearing helmets causes people to survive as "basket cases" rather than letting them die.

I wouldn't presume to tell anyone what they ought to be wearing when they ride anymore than I want them telling me what to wear. I mean, if you're really worried about other people's safety, you should advocate the banning of motorcycles because, as we all know, they are dangerous. Life is dangerous. Worry about yourself and let other people take risks as they see fit.

Dirk

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Life is dangerous. Worry about yourself and let other people take risks as they see fit.

Dirk

Life isn't just dangerous, it's universally fatal. I say we ban it!

Slo
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I ride with gear that I deem acceptable for the street (jacket, gloves, boots, helmet). The people I have ridden with in the past are like-minded so it works out well. However, as much as I laugh when I see someone ride with the helmet strapped to the back of the bike....it is ultimately their choice.

Ceez
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I chose not to wear a condom and now I got 4 kids...life is what you make of it. Seems like anything now a days will kill you or causes cancer, just quit worrying about it, make your choices and live your life....this is just my opinion...I respect everyone elses.

arata954
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
as the originator of this post, and the one who stated that i wish we had a madatory helmet law, i shoudl explain why i feel we should have said law. i got my first bike in cali and they have a mandatory helmet law. so for me its always been something that goes with a bike. plus when i was 8 i got hit by a car while on my bicycle and my head hit the side of the curb. i only got a broken ankle from it, but if i was not wearing a helmet i would have been brain damaged for sure.

my friend a couple years later got hit on his bicycle without a helmet on an his learning regressed 3 grades. he will forever be slow in learning things and remembering stuff.

granted with an bike that allows you to go faster than a bmx, things are relatively different, but the same concept can apply. without the proper gear, you have a higher risk.

as for the kid driving the car, the cops are looking for the other street racer who fled the scene. last i heard anyways.

im a fan of a helmet law in exchange for spiltting traffic like we can in cali. sure thats a huge risk here with the non-driving mofo's that we have, but taking that into account, riding a bike or driving your car is a risk of getting hit in this state. so you dont want a helmet, i want to be able to split traffic at a light or in gridlock :)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I hit a deer at 90mph and was knocked out with a wraparound helmet on. i was hit by a drunk and had my left ankle ripped off my leg. Every bike i have ever owned for the past thirty five years I ALWAYS had gear (helmet, leathers, tank bag, etc.) wrapped up in the loan from the bank. I don't support helmet laws and I especially don't support helmet laws that are attached to other 'perks' like lane splitting. Don't even attempt to legislate common sense.

Pandora-11
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I hit a deer at 90mph and was knocked out with a wraparound helmet on. i was hit by a drunk and had my left ankle ripped off my leg. Every bike i have ever owned for the past thirty five years I ALWAYS had gear (helmet, leathers, tank bag, etc.) wrapped up in the loan from the bank. I don't support helmet laws and I especially don't support helmet laws that are attached to other 'perks' like lane splitting. Don't even attempt to legislate common sense.

OMG Mean Nick....you don't have a left ankle?:(
I'm sorry...truly:cry:

Tipys
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Im all for free choice but I have also been of the fence about a helmet law. There are pros and cons to both ways like with anything. One of the big pros for it is it will lower deaths and make overall riders safer IMO leading to lower insurace cause of lower risks in turn saving everybody money. But I not going to get to into detail about this cause the pros and cons go back and forth for awhile. But someone said something about not likely to live in a high speed wreck even with a helmet. This was post before. http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/091016arai.htm

RIP Riders

R1chie
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:26 PM
im a fan of a helmet law in exchange for spiltting traffic like we can in cali. sure thats a huge risk here with the non-driving mofo's that we have, but taking that into account, riding a bike or driving your car is a risk of getting hit in this state. so you dont want a helmet, i want to be able to split traffic at a light or in gridlock :)

What you are saying is..

Translated.. I want to be able to do even more dangerous stuff as long as I wear a helmet. This is what young riders have been saying all along. Your reason is not for safety, it is for being more dangerous to yourself and to cagers. I don't think it will ever fly.

I believe, if the government force all motorcycle riders to NOT wear a helmet, we may have riders that are more cautious and ride slower. A person not wearing a helmet is very aware that even the slightest mistake could cause head trama. They are generally more cautious. What I see on this board is riders who say, well if I wear race leathers with pads and a good helmet, this will allow me to ride faster and take greater risk and break more laws. Now you are saying, because we are forced to wear helmets for safety, it should allow us to drive in even a more unsafe manner. I get pissed if another rider passing me in the opposite wheel track because it puts us both in danger, you want to ride even closer to cagers. This is stupid reasoning to me. If you are truly interested in protecting people from themselves then lane splitting is not safe either and will never pass. But many are trying to force legislation to take away another freedom of choice

People who don't wear helmets do not cause a safety issue for others. Lane splitting breaks current laws and puts riders and cagers in danger because it is already difficult for them to see us, putting us in between makes it even more difficult for them to see us.

R1chie
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:36 PM
One of the big pros for it is it will lower deaths and make overall riders safer IMO leading to lower insurace cause of lower risks in turn saving everybody money.

Has manditory seatbelts lowered your insurance? No. In fact it is a great revenue generator for the state and the city. They make a ton of money because they can pull people over and give them tickets.

Has airbags made driving safer? No in fact it has injured many even with lower presure bags. The idea of a soft pillow that comes out is a good idea, but that is not what happens, it is an explosion the hurts and even injures people. Auto manufacturers would NEVER put airbags in a car because of the liability, only the government can injure you without you being able to hold them accountable. If airbags were so safe, nascar and other car racing organizations would mandate them.

Airbags increase the cost of your car. If they deploy in a minor fender bender, the cost to repair your car goes up. You think this costs you less money, has it cause our insurance to go down? No, I would guess it caused it to go up because insurance companies have to pay to have the airbags replace in an accident.

No restrictive laws we create will ever lower the cost of insurance. They used this same argument when they stated that we would make insurance manditory, I have yet to see my insurance go down. Your argument it saves money is not a good one.

Monkeychops
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Hey guys this is my first post here, I'll introduce myself later. I just found out that the passenger on the bike in the accident was my friends mother. He's a student up at CSU and they were very close. I'll pass along the sympathy and kind words. I know he'll appreciate it since he rides too.
~Austin

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hey Monkeychops,

Let your friend know we wish him the best. Sad :(

Tipys
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I believe, if the government force all motorcycle riders to NOT wear a helmet, we may have riders that are more cautious and ride slower. A person not wearing a helmet is very aware that even the slightest mistake could cause head trama. They are generally more cautious. What I see on this board is riders who say, well if I wear race leathers with pads and a good helmet, this will allow me to ride faster and take greater risk and break more laws. Now you are saying, because we are forced to wear helmets for safety, it should allow us to drive in even a more unsafe manner. I get pissed if another rider passing me in the opposite wheel track because it puts us both in danger, you want to ride even closer to cagers. This is stupid reasoning to me. If you are truly interested in protecting people from themselves then lane splitting is not safe either and will never pass. But many are trying to force legislation to take away another freedom of choice

To force not wearing helmets would in no way make riders safer. No matter how cautious you are you still have no control over what a cager is doing(watch the chip I post they explain and show a helmet from someone that the cager hit them) simple as that. Also most people I have road with that dont where helmets dont ride cautious in anyway they do it cause they look cooler without a helmet and dont think the risks are big enough for them to need one. Agian thats most the ride without helmets no all.

No restrictive laws we create will ever lower the cost of insurance. They used this same argument when they stated that we would make insurance manditory, I have yet to see my insurance go down. Your argument it saves money is not a good one.

Who know what insurance has done it may not get you insurce to go pre-say but it could have kept it from going up. Who knows I dont work for insurance place but there is always that chance.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
^^ Because requiring seatbelt usage did not lower rates. Requiring child saftey seats did not lower rates. Tough DWI laws did not lower insurance rates. NOTHING you put into law will lower rates. If a device was created that made it impossible to get into an auto accident, the rates would not go down. Insurance is compulsory AND the companies providing it work in a capitalist economy. There is NO reason to lower rates if people will continue to pay the current or higher ones.

Tipys
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Like I said who knows my rates will go down if I take an mfs. Insurace is all about numbers is the time setbelts and air bags came around there were more people getting on the road which ups the risk and while those things lowered it the didn't change the cost cause the risk factor didn't change. So for all anyone knows it could have lowered rates or kept them from going up saving you money. But didn't see a change cause your rates didn't go up. More people on the roads equals more risks even if things are

Tipys
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Put into safety.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
OMG Mean Nick....you don't have a left ankle?:(
I'm sorry...truly:cry:

Give your sympathy to the fallen rider --- not to me. If I were looking for sympathy I know I could find it between Shit and Syphilis in the dictionary and I wouldn't look for it from you.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Give your sympathy to the fallen rider --- not to me. If I were looking for sympathy I know I could find it between Shit and Syphilis in the dictionary and I wouldn't look for it from you.

Flaming sweetness that I've come to love and expect from someone who knows nothing about me. :)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Flaming sweetness that I've come to love and expect from someone who knows nothing about me. :)

Ditto. You don't ride with any of us troll.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Ditto. You don't ride with any of us troll.

And this is your program for encouraging me to do so?
Smooth moves bud......love the name-calling too.
Absolutely love the way this forum either flames you or ignores you...kinda makes one feel as if one were back in 2nd grade.
Can't I be anonymous? If not, include YOUR list of rules in the registration.
I love it when men play little boy games with me.....too exciting!:shocked:

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:37 AM
As always, your little ways are too cute!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
As always, your little ways are too cute!

You know --- I might invite you to the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor next time I'm there to pound a yard. But since you are a figment of all our imaginations I guess that will never happen eh?

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
What does "pound a yard" mean? So...I can't be anonymous huh?

I doubt seriously that you'd think I belong with your group, but how did you know...love the Golden Bee.
What makes you think I live anywhere near there?

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
You know --- I might invite you to the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor next time I'm there to pound a yard. But since you are a figment of all our imaginations I guess that will never happen eh?

Seriously...I'd have to bring Broadmoor Security with me to meet with you...I'd "bee" scared you'd hurt me!!:nuke:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Seriously...I'd have to bring Broadmoor Security with me to meet with you...I'd "bee" scared you'd hurt me!!:nuke:

Don't worry --- it'll never happen.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM

I kind of sense that Einstein.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM

You are obviously way too wise, intelligent, smooth, cultured, and worldly for little old me.........(in your mind).:roll:

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Pandora, don't pay Nick too much attention. He's a cantankerous old curmudgeon(much like myself), but he's actually ok.

</threadjack>

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Pandora, don't pay Nick too much attention. He's a cantankerous old curmudgeon(much like myself), but he's actually ok.

</threadjack>

You are too kind my friend. Too kind :D

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM

</threadjack>

So what makes him sooo mean? The missing left ankle?:(

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
How old are you Nick?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
How old are you Nick?

I'm sure I could be your grandfather.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I'm sure I could be your grandfather.

Try me!
Bet not....how old? come on

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Try me!
Bet not....how old? come on

On the lowerside of a half century.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
On the lowerside of a half century.

See...I'm there with ya. Gosh....does that make me a curmudgeon too?

I'm off to my work Christmas party and I will have a marg for you...Here's to you old man from the old woman! Now be nice!!!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
See...I'm there with ya. Gosh....does that make me a curmudgeon too?

I'm off to my work Christmas party and I will have a marg for you...Here's to you old man from the old woman! Now be nice!!!

Be sure to drink and drive :up:

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM

ha...I'll put your number in my wallet to bail me out of jail or pick up the body parts. LOL more sweetness....

You're too funny....bye.

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM

YOu'll be thrilled to know that I only had one glass of Pinot Griglio....so no drinking and driving really. You don't get rid of me that easily.

Apologies to the forum for hijacking this thread. Didn't mean too, just love the debate battle.:argue:

Mental
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Nick is not good for E-debate, he is, however a blast to have a few beers with

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Obviously Mental has my skillz prioritized. :D Good job :up:

Pandora-11
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM

So...you're saying he's Mr. Darcy...nah....I'm thinking misogynist.

BTW..Mental...I understand I'm supposed to say that you have good hair.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM

You don't know me whatsoevah. If you did you'd know it's Misanthropy.

Pandora-11
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
You don't know me whatsoevah. If you did you'd know it's Misanthropy.

Nice to see you're an equal opportunity hater...not just women.

I want to know how you knew I live kinda near the Broadmoor.....that's scary.:shocked:

Is "pounding the yard" .....golf?

towneh
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:36 AM
arrraggggggh!!! stay the course here. the olde english pub at the BroadM features ale in drinkin vessels that are 36 inches tall, hence a YARD! Keep up the good work thar Ninja-Nick.

I leave the area for a little while and things go to hell.....

treachery and the AARP card will prevail, bus_henry :yumyum:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:40 AM
arrraggggggh!!! stay the course here. the olde english pub at the BroadM features ale in drinkin vessels that are 36 inches tall, hence a YARD! Keep up the good work thar Ninja-Nick.

I leave the area for a little while and things go to hell.....

treachery and the AARP card will prevail, bus_henry :yumyum:

Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggh! Nice to hear from you scalawag and fellow rascal bus_henry! I think you have explained the essence of The Yard to the paranoid little miss that believes N_N is the hater of the fairer sex. Not true by any measure -- especially the yard.

Pandora-11
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggh! Nice to hear from you scalawag and fellow rascal bus_henry! I think you have explained the essence of The Yard to the paranoid little miss that believes N_N is the hater of the fairer sex. Not true by any measure -- especially the yard.

OK ok I get it...duh
Aren't you running out of names to call me? Troll, paranoid, stupid, ignorant........and on. Is this your kind of foreplay?:shocked:ha

but...you haven't answered that question dude.....:)

Mental
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:18 PM

I don't know who the hell you are or well the hell you get off saying that. OK, since you're new, so I am gooing to let you off this once.

But lets get this absolutely straight, so pay attention;

I do not have good hair, I have GREAT hair.

effing noobs.

Tipys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM
effing noobs.

Ya there like guys that ride Beemers. Not really good for anything

Pandora-11
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I don't know who the hell you are or well the hell you get off saying that. OK, since you're new, so I am gooing to let you off this once.

But lets get this absolutely straight, so pay attention;

I do not have good hair, I have GREAT hair.

effing noobs.

OK!!! Got it!! I hope it is as good...oops...GREAT when it's not green.

:lol:

Pandora-11
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ya there like guys that ride Beemers. Not really good for anything

.....and Kawai riders? good for?...riding naked wearing tiaras...:)

(don't anyone take that personally...JK)

Tipys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM
.....and Kawai riders? good for?...riding naked wearing tiaras...:)

Yup sounds about right

636chick
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Yup sounds about right

Hey watch with the Kawi rider references, I stopped riding naked cause I'll be damned if it doesn't hurt like a son of a Biatch when rocks bounce off the Nipples!!!!! :shocked:

Tipys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Krissy read my location under my picture. I wasn't the one making fun of kawi riders. It was the other non kawi guy.

Ghost
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Ahh, from sympathy/condolences over the loss of two lives to helmet laws, to rocks hitting nipples, gotta love e-conversations.

I'd say I'm sorry for the loss, but as I didn't know them it'd be a hollow gesture.

As to helmet/seatbelt laws, they're paternalistic bullshit, and they're in place to benefit the various insurance companies--whose interests are well supported by lobbyists, and whose desire for profits (by eliminating pay-outs) comes at the cost of every citizen's right to take the responsibility to be the adult they are and decide whether they want to wear either device at their own risk.

Personally, you'll never find me riding without proper gear (typically full gear) and I don't drive without buckling up--but that should be my right to choose, and there shouldn't be any other bullshit associated with the decision, whether it's the threat of fine/ticket/points or that F*ck-all annoying incessant seatbelt "chime" that won't shut up until you buckle up.

As to rock-nipples...I've really got nothing on that one. Took a bird in the shoulder at hyper speed once, and got stung in the eyelid when a bee flew into my helmet.

However, I am willing to lend an expert eye to appraise any damage claims.