PDA

View Full Version : Any of you crazies ride today?

McVaaahhh
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I saw one guy in DTC on a WR200, but the streets in DTC are waaayyyy better than they are on the west side of town.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
No :(

I am ashamed.

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/classic5.pl?line1=Dana+Straw&line2=Repent+for+not&line3=riding+in+today&line4=&font=1

McVaaahhh
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
No :(

I am ashamed.

I'm disappointed. I thought for sure you would have. :slappers:

I don't blame you though...

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:02 AM
It was too damned slick for sportbike. If I had a new GS 650 I would have rode in :)

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, no shame in passing on riding on a day like this. The snow is just a stupid magnifier for most of the drivers out there. A dual sport would have been a fun ride in though!

Dirk

puckstr
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Today I was wishing I had a Ural with a sidecar (2wd option) ans studded tires.

That would have rocked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5W6T7YdN6g

dm_gsxr
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Too many idiots out for me to feel safe. One guy in a Volvo decided he wanted to pass a line of cars on Lowell and ended up sliding sideways into the grassy area. I saw three other pickups in the ditch and another car.

I did ride home last night though and plan on riding in tomorrow.

This is the third non-bike day this winter (I'm keeping track :) ).

Carl

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 09:56 AM
We saw a woman in an Infinity G35 X lose control this morning. THAT is an AWD car. It was not even that slick out. People scare me sometimes. I bet she spilled her ventimochacarafrappadolcechino all over her GPS/PHONE/LAPTOP/SMALLCHILD

puckstr
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
We saw a woman in an Infinity G35 X lose control this morning. THAT is an AWD car. It was not even that slick out. People scare me sometimes. I bet she spilled her ventimochacarafrappadolcechino all over her GPS/PHONE/LAPTOP/SMALLCHILD

I saw some Behemoth of a Chevy SUV beside me get all kinds of shitty at a stop light. He was in 4WD but with crappy street tires.

Me in my 42MPG (yep I hit 42 MPG on a highway trip to Taos) Saturn with HANOOKS tires, just gripping the road and avoiding the assshat in the 4WD.

Bad tires will ruin your day:hump:

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Someone needs to learn that lady how to drive. :rolleyes: I tried to go out last night and play in a parking lot by my place, but it was too dry underneath, couldn't lose enough traction to do anything fun. :(

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Someone needs to learn that lady how to drive. :rolleyes: I tried to go out last night and play in a parking lot by my place, but it was too dry underneath, couldn't lose enough traction to do anything fun. :(

You nee' mo' powah! </cheesy oriental accent>

I'm looking for a stud gun, then I'm gonna stud up some tires for the XT. Ice screws work bitchin', but they wear out waaaay too fast if there's no ice....

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM
^^ That's why you just tear up your neighbors lawn when there is no ice :)

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM

No shit! Damn N/A 2.5L :(

ChrisCBX
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I bet she spilled her ventimochacarafrappadolcechino all over her GPS/PHONE/LAPTOP/SMALLCHILD

And don't forget my personal fav (and growing in popularity), the DVD display on dash and for child. There are so many distractions/gizmos in modern vehicles that its amazing that someone hasn't tried to blame a vehicle/device manufacturer for a wreck and sued.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
shit, I have a tough enough time staying upright on the CBR while adjusting my XM satellite radio and 7.1 surround helemt speaker system AND pouring a gin martini. Damn newbs.

rforsythe
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM

I'm looking for a stud gun, then I'm gonna stud up some tires for the XT. Ice screws work bitchin', but they wear out waaaay too fast if there's no ice....

We should stud up my XR400 while you're at it. :D

Actually a set of TKC80's on the 'Strom would do wonders this time of year. I've hit the limit of the traction on the Anakees with the stuff on my street.

stimacsays
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Not the Ducati, but my Metro has been to work every day this week. Kind of slippy yesterday.
Supposed to be below 0 by the weekend.:coffee:

stimacsays
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Today I was wishing I had a Ural with a sidecar (2wd option) ans studded tires.

That would have rocked
Then you could sell the ATV.
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/stimacsays/uralplow200612b.jpg
and buy a Dwarf.
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/stimacsays/barris10.jpg

dirkterrell
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 08:06 AM
and buy a Dwarf.

It isn't the dwarf Steve would want to buy. :)

Dirk

puckstr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 08:16 AM
mmmmm Blondie in red leather mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WTF the midget has a plunger on his helmet... Choda boys father???

dm_gsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I did ride in today. The short skate on the ice until I got to the main road was interesting but other than that, it was fine.

Carl