PDA

View Full Version : Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here...

Vance
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Since I've bored many of you with rather loquacious extemporization about my divorce and my rather ignominious relationship with my ex wife on many many levels...

At last the day has come... or near enough for me... that I can officially post GOOD news on my front of the battle for equality and normalcy in a post-divorce life.

4 years of fighting with the ex wife about both incredibly important and far too often stupid stuff...

2 years of dancing around the specific subject off and on until recently...

At last...
Through an email notification last night...
I received word that:

Most likely on January 1, 2009
I will at last be granted 50/50 custody of my children!!!

Details are forthcoming from the Decision Maker on my case as to the how and exact date of when - but he did confirm it will be 50/50 and it will be either just before, on, or just after the first of the year.

I am what some people may call "a happy camper" right now.

That is all.

Suki
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
congrats vance!!!

utsv650
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
as a kid with divorced parents since i was about 5, 50/50 is as good as it gets ;-) jus dont compete with the other... it is more annoying than anything

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Congrats!!! Maybe you can use some of that time with them to bequeath your somewhat extensive vocabulary

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
That is awesome Vance :)

200sr20
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Congrats!!!!!

VFR
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Your the only person I know that New Years Resolution will come true on New Years

PROFLYER
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Sweet, as a 50/50 child myself don't let you kids pull the "well mom says we can" bullshit, it worked for us for a bit but Dad squashed that quick!

puckstr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Nice ...you can claim "head of Household" on your taxes if they live with you 6 months out of the year

suzinpink
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats on battles well fought and a war won my friend

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
:applause: Good to hear Vancey Pants!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I hope the pins from your wrist are removed before you start entertaining the rug-rats in your domicile. I'm sure you could lay a nasty backhand to their mugs if needed. :twisted:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Too cool! Congrats man!

Squisha
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I admire your tenacity...too often Dads bow to all the odds stacked against them. Good for you!

nattynoo
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Congratulations! Awesome news :up:

Sortarican
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Vance,
How do you expect to be able to afford to provide for those children if you go around tossing out $10 words like that all the time?
(Think: Monosyllabic. If you need help ask Chris.)

Congrat's man! I'm happy for you.:)

BigE
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Congrats Vance, kids need their Dads in this day and age. :up:

Squisha
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
(Think: Monosyllabic. If you need help ask Chris.)

I love men who can spell big words.

ihavealegohead
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Very kewl!!

It's great to see Dads getting 50% of their kids time. Not so long ago you would get every other Wednesday and one weekend a month.

I got 50% right after I packed my x's bags and sent her ass straight out the front door !!

I eventually did get married again (though not too quick have some fun !!) and couldn't be any happier.

Devaclis
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Your sig picture is VERY true.

Scer
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Congrats Vance. That's really good news man!!

visit on visitas

SamuraiX
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Congratulations Vance! Great to hear some GOOD news these days!

Vitesse
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here............to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the children that you have stolen.

I just had to finish that quote cuz it bothered me until I remembered what it was from!

Also, congrats on the good news!!

Vance
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the kind words and support... especially the support for the last four years of dealing with this on-again-off-again nightmare of dealing with my ex and the oft negativity it has caused in me.

That said...
I just received the actual long version of the ruling yesterday from the Decision Maker and it is everything I wanted it to be in regards to the "how" of engagement.

Basically now instead of having to take the kids back to her in the evenings of the days that were my "visitation" time... they're now just going to stay overnight. So for the kids - the transition / adjustment is almost non-existent since they've already been asking why they just can't do this anyway.

Again... thank you all.
The absinthe will be flowing soon in honor of this monumental event in my life. I may actually experience the concept of inebriation for the first time!

suzinpink
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
flow some in my direction....

Rick T.
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the kind words and support... especially the support for the last four years of dealing with this on-again-off-again nightmare of dealing with my ex and the oft negativity it has caused in me.

That said...
I just received the actual long version of the ruling yesterday from the Decision Maker and it is everything I wanted it to be in regards to the "how" of engagement.

Basically now instead of having to take the kids back to her in the evenings of the days that were my "visitation" time... they're now just going to stay overnight. So for the kids - the transition / adjustment is almost non-existent since they've already been asking why they just can't do this anyway.

Again... thank you all.
The absinthe will be flowing soon in honor of this monumental event in my life. I may actually experience the concept of inebriation for the first time!

It's been a long time coming Vance. Congrats...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here............to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the children that you have stolen.

I just had to finish that quote cuz it bothered me until I remembered what it was from!

Also, congrats on the good news!!
What is that quote from? It sounds familiar......

merlin
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 05:59 PM
What is that quote from? It sounds familiar......

Labyrinth, I think.

Congratulations, Vance!

Merlyn