PDA

View Full Version : CSC Winter Food Drive 2008!

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
In these difficult times, and with the upcoming holiday season that is upon us, I encourage all of you to seek out the charity of your choice and give them something. Time, money, monetary items. It might make you feel better and will most definitely make them feel better that you did. My $0.02.

This morning my 11-year-old told me about the canned food drive at her school, so I opened up the cupboard and put a few cans in a bag for her. It's the feeling you get knowing that you are still capable of doing something to make a difference even if your world seems like shit at the moment...cuz, ultimately it still doesn't compare to what others may be going through.

And, before I ever helped anyone overseas, I think we ought to turn our attention to those fellow Americans who need our help:

(Salvation Army article was here)

So, if you have the means, and you're feeling generous and/or can put off that $7 Starbucks, why not help someone over here (possibly right in Denver)first?

Alright, so I've been having this thought for a while now... Racing 2 Save Lives has a 43-foot cargo trailer that sits relatively unused this time of year. What if the CSC as a whole filled the thing up with food and delivered it somewhere like Salvation Army as a little "giving back to the community" present this holiday season? It would be a hell of a way to give back to thousands of people who really need it.

I guess my only questions are "why not?" and "how do we make it work"? How do we collect that much food in the next two weeks? I've helped run a charity for years that has given close to a quarter million dollars to kids in need, and I can tell you people will give when they're encouraged to properly.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea and are willing to commit to making it happen?

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM
^^Host an event for which admission is two or three canned goods. Maybe a happy hour or CSC holiday gathering.

Ceez
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Im down to pitch in!! Let me know when and where.

salsashark
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Alright, so I've been having this thought for a while now... Racing 2 Save Lives has a 43-foot cargo trailer that sits relatively unused this time of year. What if the CSC as a whole filled the thing up with food and delivered it somewhere like Salvation Army as a little "giving back to the community" present this holiday season? It would be a hell of a way to give back to thousands of people who really need it.

I guess my only questions are "why not?" and "how do we make it work"? How do we collect that much food in the next two weeks? I've helped run a charity for years that has given close to a quarter million dollars to kids in need, and I can tell you people will give when they're encouraged to properly.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea and are willing to commit to making it happen?

How about starting w/ a radio station and getting a promotion going? I dunno, I've never anything like this... I know KBPI does their "The hand that feeds" in Nov, and Alice... wait maybe some other station might be interested...

Put me on the list to help out if you get something up and running.

***another thought, maybe get the trailer parked at a dealership or somewhere like Performance for a day or two and cross promote w/ the location and the local media? Fay's has the Santa there for the month on Saturdays, and if it's anything like last Saturday there weren't hardly any children there... even with the HOnda 50 drawing.

I'm sure our dedicated collection of post whores could hit up enough boards to spark some interest from the masses.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I have a friend who's mom is a higher up for KOSI and affiliated stations, I could give her a call and see what they'd be able to do if we need it. :up:

McVaaahhh
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Great idea Ralph. :up:

I'd certainly throw down some food donations for that.

I don't have an Escalade, but I think I'll hug my RC51 tonight. :hump:

I might even let Wicky touch it.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Great idea Ralph. :up:

I'd certainly throw down some food donations for that.

I don't have an Escalade, but I think I'll hug my RC51 tonight. :hump:

I might even let Wicky touch it.
Don't tease me.

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Good idea guys.
Also, maybe the Southies could gather things on their Friday Bike Nights, Northies could gather on their happy hour and South Central do the same. I would be happy to meet the Southies half way some where to pick up their collection.
This all in addition to some of the other good ideas posted.

I love this idea. And if we gave to a charity that somehow had a way of keeping things cold, I would be happy to purchase 10 turkeys for families in need. (maybe not a great idea, but an idea nonetheless)

How about starting w/ a radio station and getting a promotion going? I dunno, I've never anything like this... I know KBPI does their "The hand that feeds" in Nov, and Alice... wait maybe some other station might be interested...

Put me on the list to help out if you get something up and running.

***another thought, maybe get the trailer parked at a dealership or somewhere like Performance for a day or two and cross promote w/ the location and the local media? Fay's has the Santa there for the month on Saturdays, and if it's anything like last Saturday there weren't hardly any children there... even with the HOnda 50 drawing.

I'm sure our dedicated collection of post whores could hit up enough boards to spark some interest from the masses.

Ghost
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM

I think it's a great idea.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Contact Salvation Army (or whoever you ultimately want the food to go to) and see if they have suggestions, they do this as a living, they should be willing to help someone who wants to help THEM. In particular, see what they need.

2. Have someone (you or Mother Goose or whoever's willing) call all the local radio statios (except Alice) and see if they either can/will lend a hand by plugging the CSC "Trailer Full of Hope" (or whatever the F* you want to call it--though "The Creamed Corn and Beets Wagon" is probably most appropriate, it's disheartening) with some free air time. In addition to the "regular" stations see if local NPR will help.

3. Contact dealerships (GMs, marketing directors and/or owners--don't contact sales managers, they can't authorize anything) and see if they're willing to get involved, both by having their employees bring in donations AND by having them set park the CSC trailer on their property with signage promoting the CSC can drive.

--43' is a HUGE volume to fill with cans...I'm not sure we have the resources to fill it, but anything beats nothing.

4. Coordinate the radio spots with the dealerships so people know where to bring the cans (what dealerships are participating, etc).

5. Designate someone to go around and pick up the cans for the trailer.

6. Contact any local business that you either work for or have some relationship to and see if they'll write checks and/or have a can drive. Take whatever they donate in checks and buy whatever was on the list of needed items, copy the receipt for the business.

7. Contact King Soopers and other local chains to see if they'll help, either with donations or with discount prices if we get cash donations.

8. If you attend community events (CSC, Boy Scouts, Christian/Jewish/Satanic/Misc religious) hit them for donations.

9. Contact Chipolte and other chains to see if they're interested in helping.

10. Get a sign-up of CSC members who *will* be available to help with the pick-up and loading/unloading of the food.

11. Kick back and bask in the glow of self-satisfaction at actually having done something instead of just talking about doing something...the littlest good deed trumps the greatest good intention.

rforsythe
Even if they don't keep it cold, they might still use the turkeys, Terri. I think Denver Rescue Mission makes big turkey dinners and would probably love to take 'em straight to the cookers.

Wicky give your friend a call and see what they think. :up:

dirkterrell

Good idea. Maybe Food Bank of the Rockies? It might be hard to pull something of that magnitude off in two weeks though. Maybe we could do something like this in the summer when we could turn it into a riding event that gets some positive press for sportbike riders (for a change). And maybe talking to the people at FBR would help align the timing of the event with the time of year when they tend to run leanest with donations?

Dirk

DavidofColorado
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Great ideas and good PR for the club. You guys have got me beat with the spirit of giving.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Wicky give your friend a call and see what they think. :up:
Will do. I'm a Mammoth season ticket holder, I could call them and see if they'd do some sort of promotion for the pre-season game. Bring a couple cans, get a free ticket? Don't know how that would work though. I just see KTCL giving away tickets all the time.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
All great ideas!!

2. Have someone (you or Mother Goose or whoever's willing) call all the local radio statios (except Alice) and see if they either can/will lend a hand by plugging the CSC "Trailer Full of Hope" (or whatever the F* you want to call it--though "The Creamed Corn and Beets Wagon" is probably most appropriate, it's disheartening) with some free air time. In addition to the "regular" stations see if local NPR will help.

3. Contact dealerships (GMs, marketing directors and/or owners--don't contact sales managers, they can't authorize anything) and see if they're willing to get involved, both by having their employees bring in donations AND by having them set park the CSC trailer on their property with signage promoting the CSC can drive.

Yep, definitely. One distinction, the trailer is going to have Racing 2 Save Lives in 43-foot-wide graphics on the side. So maybe the CSC / R2SL "whatever".

--43' is a HUGE volume to fill with cans...I'm not sure we have the resources to fill it, but anything beats nothing.

Not just cans, but really anything not imminently perishable. Way back when, they used to want things that could last for months and months; now I suspect it will be used within a few weeks. Cereal, mac and cheese, that sort of stuff. 43' of cans is also going to exceed the weight rating on the thing, so boxes of dry goods will be a logistical necessity.

5. Designate someone to go around and pick up the cans for the trailer.

That'll be me. I just can't organize this whole thing myself, however I'm really blown away at the suggestions and interest so far! This club has almost gone from nothing to food drive in like an hour.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
BTW, is this going to be a CSC affiliated thing? Or R2SL thing?

mtnairlover
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I love the idea. To add to what Ghost already posted....we should get representatives from the various regions, ie. Northies (tru-North up here in Loveland, Ft. Collins and Greeley), Central folks (that's everyone in Denver/Boulder Metro) and Southies (C-Springs and Pueblo) to round up their contingents.

I'm not sure if this effort should be centralized or just do it in each of our regions. I like getting stoked about things and the more the merrier, so I'm inclined to round up folks in my area and get as much as we can up here to throw into the R2SL trailer. I dunno:dunno:, but I'll see what others up here think.

rforsythe
Good idea. Maybe Food Bank of the Rockies? It might be hard to pull something of that magnitude off in two weeks though. Maybe we could do something like this in the summer when we could turn it into a riding event that gets some positive press for sportbike riders (for a change). And maybe talking to the people at FBR would help align the timing of the event with the time of year when they tend to run leanest with donations?

Dirk

Unreasonable times call for unreasonable actions. Hard isn't impossible.

rforsythe
BTW, is this going to be a CSC affiliated thing? Or R2SL thing?

It will be CSC's effort, however I'm going to put up the R2SL trailer for this thing so the names of both groups should be used.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Roger that. Want to make this it's own thread?

Ghost
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I love the idea. To add to what Ghost already posted....we should get representatives from the various regions, ie. Northies (tru-North up here in Loveland, Ft. Collins and Greeley), Central folks (that's everyone in Denver/Boulder Metro) and Southies (C-Springs and Pueblo) to round up their contingents.

I'm not sure if this effort should be centralized or just do it in each of our regions. I like getting stoked about things and the more the merrier, so I'm inclined to round up folks in my area and get as much as we can up here to throw into the R2SL trailer. I dunno:dunno:, but I'll see what others up here think.

I'd say designate regional heads, then have them co-ordinate with a central director to co-ordinate the pick-up.

If we were *really* organized, the regional leader could have volunteer "teams" to help them out...

Roger that. Want to make this it's own thread?
Probably best...move the related posts over to it too....

dirkterrell
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Unreasonable times call for unreasonable actions. Hard isn't impossible.

No reason we can't do both. I'm sure people are hungry in July too. Everybody gets all fired up about this kind of thing around Christmas. Might be nice to get fired up about it some other time of the year too.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm in to help as well!

Whatever we end up doing for an actual event, we're gonna need some kind of organization of volunteers too. Maybe some kind of sign up sheet/phone list. Show up wearing your favorite CSC gear.

We could also do a "Can Hunger" ride similar to the toy ride. everyone shows up with a couple cans of something in their backpacks. Maybe take a tour around town, swinging by all the major bike shops. If you can have the trailer follow to attract some attention, then you could stop at each bike shop before heading to whatever main event you want to have a shop with a larger parking lot like Fay Myers. Since there are lots of connections going on, maybe we could look at sponsorship from some dealearhips, Go Fast, Colorado Sportbike Rentals, or some of the other vendors present at Bostons.

Hell we have enough stunnas for a little show?

sky_blue
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM
1. Fill R2SL trailer with food.
2. Sell food.
3. Donate profit to High Plains Raceway

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I'm in to help as well!

Whatever we end up doing for an actual event, we're gonna need some kind of organization of volunteers too. Maybe some kind of sign up sheet/phone list. Show up wearing your favorite CSC gear.

We could also do a "Can Hunger" ride similar to the toy ride. everyone shows up with a couple cans of something in their backpacks. Maybe take a tour around town, swinging by all the major bike shops. If you can have the trailer follow to attract some attention, then you could stop at each bike shop before heading to whatever main event you want to have a shop with a larger parking lot like Fay Myers. Since there are lots of connections going on, maybe we could look at sponsorship from some dealearhips, Go Fast, Colorado Sportbike Rentals, or some of the other vendors present at Bostons.

Hell we have enough stunnas for a little show?

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I just talked to my friend and she said that MIX just had a food drive, so it's bad timing w/ them. She did however give me the number to one of her friends @ Alice that might be able to help. If they didn't try and run us over. :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Ninja'd! :lol:

x2!! Yikes.... that's like Chuck Norris ninja'd.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I ninja'd your ninja.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:56 PM
If you need a South Central Rep, I will volunteer. I have a knack for getting peeps together :)

Guys, if ya want to meet me tonight at the Toad we can brainstorm some good ideas. I will get my office here in DTC involved tol

Ghost
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Turkeys, Cereal, whatever it is I'm sure they could use it.

Anyone know any business owners from the thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27494

Likewise, anyone know anyone at CBS4? Though, I suppose we could just email or call them to tell them of our plans to help (though we'd probably have to help out the SA...)

-=-
I guess, at this point, we need to decide WHO--what organization(s)--to help, and contact that charity first, then alternates if that one doesn't work out or we want to do several...

Then we need to start nailing down who from CSC will agree to help, and what they want to do. We can get an initial list, and try to contact more CSCers as they login (with a Stickied thread and something on the banner?)

Then we should start assigning them duties, their CSC contact/team organizer, and regions...

...then I dunno...start calling people? :shocked:

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
How about you start collecting tonight too. :)

Thanks Dana!

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
My plan was to contact the person who made the story at CBS4 and let them run with the follow-up. Can't do that until we know where collection points will be, however.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I will start posting up flyers and begging for donations tonight :)

Once we have a collection point I say we have a bit of a good natured competition to see which region can out do the other :) It IS for a great cause right?!?

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Turkeys, Cereal, whatever it is I'm sure they could use it.

Anyone know any business owners from the thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27494

Likewise, anyone know anyone at CBS4? Though, I suppose we could just email or call them to tell them of our plans to help (though we'd probably have to help out the SA...)

-=-
I guess, at this point, we need to decide WHO--what organization(s)--to help, and contact that charity first, then alternates if that one doesn't work out or we want to do several...

Then we need to start nailing down who from CSC will agree to help, and what they want to do. We can get an initial list, and try to contact more CSCers as they login (with a Stickied thread and something on the banner?)

Then we should start assigning them duties, their CSC contact/team organizer, and regions...

...then I dunno...start calling people? :shocked:
I know someone who was interning @ FOX31, not sure if she's still there or not. But I could give it a try.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Damn Wicky, you know every one. Just don't say Alice here again or I will have to donate your organs for the holidays :)

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Grand Prix has a great many of us on their mailing list and they do the fancy lil advertisements like the one's for Boston's Night. Could that be a pick up point? Betcha I or better yet Mr. Wilson could get Chris involved.

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, this definately sounds like a "we can get our work invovled" type of thing so the more details we can get, the better!

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Damn Wicky, you know every one. Just don't say Alice here again or I will have to donate your organs for the holidays :)
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Ducati/desmosedici_rr/rhs_alice_1024.jpg

mtnairlover
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Ha! Just thought of something...make it a CSC holiday party to boot...do the donation gathering stuff and then get together later in the evening to laugh and share some "nog"...

Oooh warm fuzzies...sorry to the folks who can't stand mushy;-p...lol

64BonnieLass
Who has Ninja "Flyer" skills? Marc???

And we can add details to it as it comes together and is agreed upon.

Mother Goose
My thoughts are that we should get a set plan together. A date perhaps for the final collection, and then use our contacts. I think we'd get a better responce than just calling random people w/out a plan.

asp_125
Our company just concluded our Thanksgiving drive and are in the middle of our Christmas for kids campaign. One lesson learned is that in addition to food many families are without warm clothes or basic things like diapers for babies.

I'd be in on this, once we decide WHO.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
My vote is Salvation Army. The article was about them, and the news will help us get donations if we decide to benefit them. I think the 9News drive benefitted Food Bank and DRM but I am not sure.

Final collection and delivery: December 23rd. I'll take the whole day off work, and will need a couple volunteers to roam with me and collect/schlep the stuff.

Also useful would be box donations to keep it all in. Anyone have a contact at UHaul or something?

Beyond that I would like to see regional "captains" take the initiative and run with it for their areas, collecting the food. If you want to schedule a "trailer fill-up" at your location of choice let me know. Sounds like Dana already has the ball rolling. :up: Cathy has also stepped up for the northsiiiiide. I think we should get Colo Spgs, north metro, aurora, and "west" going as well.

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
If you want I can take a day off to help you Ralph. And the XTerra can hold a lot of schlepping kinds of stuff

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I hereby donate my Beans with Bacon!!

Bring it!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/DSC00165.jpg

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Final collection and delivery: December 23rd. I'll take the whole day off work, and will need a couple volunteers to roam with me and collect/schlep the stuff.

I might be able to help out on the 23rd. I'm pretty slow right now @ work so I'll see what I can do. Not a definite yet though.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
If you want I can take a day off to help you Ralph. And the XTerra can hold a lot of schlepping kinds of stuff

Excellent! And yeah, the more local collecting you guys can do the easier this will be since we can load the trailer in large batches.

Since Dana started it... I just stocked my desk drawer with various things for the days I can't leave for lunch, but it's all going in the pile.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
BTW: I have a bung of the rubbermade totes, similar to these and 2 LARGE totes that can fit an entire person in them if you guys want to use those for collections:

http://www.allendaletruevalue.com/images/rubbermaid_storage_bin.jpg

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Good Dana! I think we have a few of those too. We just need 'em back at the end.

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:22 PM
In lieu of food, we could also take donations to be spent on flats of food at a costco or sam's club. I know my office was looking for a winter charity a few weeks ago, so if we can slap some details together, I'll take it down the hall & see what kind of help we can get

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Also, depending on who we got through, we could get bins from them to help collect. I know food bank of the rockies gave our office several collection bins to help gather everything

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM
In lieu of food, we could also take donations to be spent on flats of food at a costco or sam's club. I know my office was looking for a winter charity a few weeks ago, so if we can slap some details together, I'll take it down the hall & see what kind of help we can get

The only catch there is that this will not be a tax deductible donation, just FYI. There are also some rules surrounding charitable fund raising that I don't think we would be able to get around.

Probably best to just collect food and clothing -- even if that means you take the money down to Costco, buy the flat, and show up with it.

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Okay my office is on the bandwagon.

Also, a thought is that we may call them and see when they want the donations dropped off.

They may have a cut off date for this kind of thing, as to when they will distribute it after it's received. 23rd may be too late.

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:32 PM
heres a start

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Ok so looking at the SA site, they don't accept food donations. From what I can figure out, they turn the financial donations into food. Since that isn't how we're doing this, it seems we will be helping other local food banks; FBR, DRM, etc.

This is still fine, since hungry people don't care where they go to get it, as long as they get it.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
DRM prefers canned food.
http://www.denverrescuemission.org/greatestneeds.html

FBR wants anything non-perishable.
http://www.foodbankrockies.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Donate_Food

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hungry do not care at all where the food comes from. I agree Ralph. the banks are not just there for the hoildays either. This will help all year long :)

South-Central Rules!!!!

:)

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
heres a start

That's awesome Caddy. Way to go on the flyer. :)

longrider
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I am going to pass this to our promotions manager hare at Fay Myers and see what we can do. I can see a good tie-in with Santa on a Saturday and we definitly have the room to park the trailer. There was a good turnout for the kids with Santa so this could be a good thing.

salsashark
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I am going to pass this to our promotions manager hare at Fay Myers and see what we can do. I can see a good tie-in with Santa on a Saturday and we definitly have the room to park the trailer. There was a good turnout for the kids with Santa so this could be a good thing.

That's what I'm talkin' about... get the trailer down to Fay's on the 20th and fill that sucker up! Call the media, and get them to cover... Hell Willie B may be interested, he seems to dig the sportbikes.

I can't promote anything like this at work (love the govt!), but I can hang out and help load the trailer on Saturday

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'll take the 23rd off Ralph and help you out.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Saturday, the 20th, I will be at Fays as well as it is a SOUTH CENTRAL location :)

Aaaaand I wanna see Santa!!!

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
if you guy need some help with anything im down got laidoff from britts powersports on the 11-25 so hit me up

64BonnieLass
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I really think we need to find out about these charities "cut-off" dates.

I can call, but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Park the R2SL trailer outside a grocery store, SAMS Club and Costco. Make it a no brainer for folks to toss in to the cause. You'll prolly have to clear it with the management first though.

Suki
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Our company just concluded our Thanksgiving drive and are in the middle of our Christmas for kids campaign. One lesson learned is that in addition to food many families are without warm clothes or basic things like diapers for babies.

I'd be in on this, once we decide WHO.

i was just going to ask about this. I have some baby clothing, blankets, bibs, diapers and formula that we're not using. if who ever you decide to set it up with will accept those, i'll get them to Dana. I'll also have some adult clothes/jackets as this is the time i usually clear out our closets.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'd be very surprised if they turn us away on the 23rd if we roll up with a few tons of food, but I'll see what I can find out.

On the 20th I have family stuff from the afternoon-on, but can be there in the morning. I sent the same info to the northern contingent as well, so I'd say it will be a race to see who gets to load it. ;)

longrider
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Saturday, the 20th, I will be at Fays as well as it is a SOUTH CENTRAL location :)

Aaaaand I wanna see Santa!!!

You are more than welcome to come but I am not guaranteeing anything, it has to be approved by management.

Wyck
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Doh I just posted in the other thread before reading this one. I am willing to offer my time, services, vehicle to help load/pick up items. Also I was thinking about donating my time to one of the above mentioned organizations since I haven't been able to donate to any of the food drives like I normally do this time of year. Anyone wishing to join me let me know.

asp_125
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
If it's on the 20th I can help schlep stuff down from us Northies and help load.

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
does anyone have a pic of the r2sl trailer and i can put it on a flyer

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
does anyone have a pic of the r2sl trailer and i can put it on a flyer

Lemme know if you need higher res

Devaclis
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:42 PM
that's a huge b------ Trailer!!!!

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
now with the trailer

Ghost
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Talked to a friend of mine who used to do marketing for Nike, seems they typically do their own food drive, but he said to contact them and see if they're interested in helping out.

Even if we go with something other than the SA (since they don't take food) I'd still contact CBS4 and tell them about how our food drive was inspired by their article--so they have the tie-in with their story and CSC's food drive gets the coverage it needs for everything else.

For now, we just need interest, we can even tell them to contact {whoever} as our CSC food drive rep and/or have CBS4 put a link to this site from theirs.

Oh, one other thing my friend mentioned--for the food drive, the thing they need most is protein (like canned beans, etc), not starches like your typical I-won't-eat-this-anyway donation of beets and creamed corn.

Granted, anything is better than nothing, but IF you're going to take cash and buy something, buy what's needed the most--and again, if our chosen charity has a list it'd help us since we could push for those items.

Fay Myers does have a big parking lot, and it's near the Brother's BBQ that was hosting the MotoGP events, so maybe we can get them both involved, especially as it'd tie in with Fay Myers Santa/kid's bike giveaway event.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Talked to a friend of mine who used to do marketing for Nike, seems they typically do their own food drive, but he said to contact them and see if they're interested in helping out.

Even if we go with something other than the SA (since they don't take food) I'd still contact CBS4 and tell them about how our food drive was inspired by their article--so they have the tie-in with their story and CSC's food drive gets the coverage it needs for everything else.

For now, we just need interest, we can even tell them to contact {whoever} as our CSC food drive rep and/or have CBS4 put a link to this site from theirs.

Oh, one other thing my friend mentioned--for the food drive, the thing they need most is protein (like canned beans, etc), not starches like your typical I-won't-eat-this-anyway donation of beets and creamed corn.

Granted, anything is better than nothing, but IF you're going to take cash and buy something, buy what's needed the most--and again, if our chosen charity has a list it'd help us since we could push for those items.

Fay Myers does have a big parking lot, and it's near the Brother's BBQ that was hosting the MotoGP events, so maybe we can get them both involved, especially as it'd tie in with Fay Myers Santa/kid's bike giveaway event.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. :up:

longrider
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Good news - I got the approval for Fay Myers to take part. I have PM'd Ralph the contact info to make the arrangements.

Spiderman
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Sweet! :up:

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM

500rgurl
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Can someone send me some info. My office hasn't done any holiday charity planning yet. I bet the would be on board! Also I can help in anyway you need me to? :)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I'll take the 23rd off Ralph and help you out.

Make that any day you need me to help. Just give me a few days to let the crew know I won't be around.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Sweet guys!

On the flyer - it's www.cosportbikeclub.org :) Might wanna spell that right (bike, not bikes). Also let's not just call it a canned food drive, but maybe something else - just food drive perhaps, but put something below that about bringing any non-perishable boxed or canned food item. That way we can get some variety, and not overload the weight rating on my trailer. It's big, but it isn't an eighteen wheeler. ;)

Nice work so far! Can others call some other shops around town and see if they'd be willing to act as collection points as well? We would plan to make the rounds and pick up the food on the morning of the 23rd. Ideally we'd have at least 3-5 shops able to act as donation points.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
As Cathy pointed out to me (she's turning out to be pretty useful at keeping me on track with this thing), we should also have the flyer state that this will benefit Food Bank of the Rockies.

I have messages into TFOG and Faster to see if we can use them as collection points. If someone can get me a shop on the east side of town I would appreciate it. I'll handle G-Force, Grand Prix, and Sun. Having one on the northside will help too if anyone has ideas there.

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM
i can see if britts wants to help

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 11:01 PM

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM
As Cathy pointed out to me (she's turning out to be pretty useful at keeping me on track with this thing), we should also have the flyer state that this will benefit Food Bank of the Rockies.

I have messages into TFOG and Faster to see if we can use them as collection points. If someone can get me a shop on the east side of town I would appreciate it. I'll handle G-Force, Grand Prix, and Sun. Having one on the northside will help too if anyone has ideas there.

We'll be happy to act as a collection location. We are open 9-6 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 9-4 Saturdays this time of year.

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Ralph, I will contact both Colorado Powersports to see if they would like to be a donation spot since I didn't see them listed.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Great Jim and Sheila, thanks! :up:

shacheri
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Wow!!! You guys are amazing! Just checking in from Georgia and I am very impressed! Way to find the true holiday spirit of giving!

Makes me proud to be a biker!:up:

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
FYI

http://www.psnnewsletter.com/images/clients/33/HolidayFoodDrive_575.jpg

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
ooohh, the CSC food drive got ninja'd... :lol:

Wyck
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I didn't hear Coyote motorsports mentioned. I think the KBPI's food drive spent a day there so they would probably be interested.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hard to call it ninja'd when this is the first we're even hearing about it? :dunno: Oh well, guess GP will not be a collection site for us.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
ooohh, the CSC food drive got ninja'd... :lol:

I wouldnt say that it got ninja'd. Utlimately the canned food is going to make it to the Food Bank of the Rockies regardless of where the CSC members donate it. My suggestion is that if there is a part or accessory you are wanting to purchase, go to Grand Prix and donate your canned food and receive the discount towards it. Otherwise, dontate your canned food to the CSC Food Drive.

Hard to call it ninja'd when this is the first we're even hearing about it? :dunno: Oh well, guess GP will not be a collection site for us.

Ralph I posted the Grand Prix Motorsports canned food drive in the Wheels & Deals forum on December 2nd.http://smiliesftw.com/x/ownedthumb.gif

UglyDogRacing
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I didn't hear Coyote motorsports mentioned. I think the KBPI's food drive spent a day there so they would probably be interested.

Dave Wagner would be the contact at Coyote

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ah, gotcha Jim.

I'm planning to call over there anyway, so I will see if maybe we can combine efforts.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Ah, gotcha Jim.

I'm planning to call over there anyway, so I will see if maybe we can combine efforts.

You may not have to. Stick is online right now viewing this thread. :)

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
You may not have to. Stick is online right now viewing this thread. :)

Then have him call me. :) We have a 43' trailer that needs to get loaded up!

Sticky 296
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Allright for CSC members if you bring in 4 cans I will up the Grand Prix offer and give you guys 25% off coupons. Just come in and ask for Chris in parts! Spread the word lets collect some cans!:)

Chris Stinson
Grand Prix Motorsports
303-761-2471
3105 West County Line Road
Littleton CO 80129

Devaclis
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Tell me again why Chris is the man? Oh YEAH!!!! Rawk on Chris!!!!

UglyDogRacing
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Tell me again why Chris is the man? Oh YEAH!!!! Rawk on Chris!!!!

http://i6.tinypic.com/72rtcg7.gif

Sticky 296
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yes we would be more then happy to combine efforts! We have two drop locations.

One at Grand Prix Motorsports and the second one at
Acquilano Leslie Inc. (http://www.acquilano.com/)303.893.8310
1600 Stout Street Suite 200 Denver, Colorado 80202
It is the Hunson Bay building.

Our drive ends Dec 20th and we can get together and figure something out on the pick up!

Sortarican
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
So is the CSC officially joining in on the Grand Prix/SickGirls collection?

Kinda makes sense to get in on their's given the short notice and limited time remaining.
(Doesn't hurt that we can get that killer discount offer Chris just posted either.)

We can do an additional collection in the spring/summer.
The various charities always comment on that being their slow season for donations.
And we can ride to it.:)

Devaclis
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM
So is the CSC officially joining in on the Grand Prix/SickGirls collection?

Kinda makes sense to get in on their's given the short notice and limited time remaining.
(Doesn't hurt that we can get that killer discount offer Chris just posted either.)

We can do an additional collection in the spring/summer.
The various charities always comment on that being their slow season for donations.
And we can ride to it.:)

Get outta here with your good ideas and common sense!!!

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
This just in: CSC is now joining forces with Grand Prix's food drive as well! That's right, we just made this even bigger.

New collection points are being added constantly at this point. Get out and donate!

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I meant Ninja'd at Grand Prix.

Just thought it was kinda funny.

Either way it's completely awesome how many companies in the motorcycling community are stepping up for the food bank, regardless of which name the donations go under! :up:

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I was just talking a little lunchtime smack. :) It's VERY awesome!

InlineSIX24
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'll see if I can get my work involved for dropoff in the Arvada area.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Hmm, I think we're going to get too many dropoffs to fit logos on that sheet. I'd go more with just business name and cross streets. I expect we'll get a few more added to the list today too. We also have to be careful about using logos without permission these days.

Good work though!

caddygsxr
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
how is this, anything needed to be added?

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Also should add that they can donate food through Dec 22nd at any of the dropoff locations listed.

caddygsxr
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:55 PM
so Gp, fay, tfog, and acquilano

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
So far, yes. Waiting to hear back from Faster, and I think some other folks here are working on other shops. I know Sheila is calling at least G-Force. We even have some non-bike places being worked on.

I guess put in the locations of the ones you know, and leave room for some more. :) I'd go for less flash and more info at this point or it isn't all gonna fit.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Also add Faster Motosports and ATS Diesel Performance to the list. (Their addresses should be on their websites...)

Once the list gets a little more final as the rest of the shops are contacted, I will be issuing a press release on behalf of R2SL; Fay Myers will redistribute that to local media and see where it goes.

If you are setting up a drop-off location:
- People should be able to drop off between now and December 22nd.
- We will come pick up the food on December 23rd (I will need to be PM'd contact details for each location to arrange this).

You all rock!!

salsashark
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Any word on having the trailor down at Fay on the 20th?

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, it will be for the Santa thing from 9am-2pm. :)

salsashark
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Put me down to help do whatever...

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Ok Gforce is in. Remember they are open 7 days a week except they will be closed the 14th & 15th for inventory. Ralph, I will get you contact info this evening.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Excellent. :) Can someone get ahold of Coyote and the CoPow's as well yet today?

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm on it.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Can someone call Performance as well?

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I have more, Thunderbird Motorcycles (9709 W 44th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033) and 12 Volt Tavern (7514 Grandview Ave, Arvada, CO 80002). Will get you contact info this evening. Will let you know about Coyote and CoPow in a little while.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Rock on!

The press release I'm typing up has quite a list going now. Once I hear from you on the last few I will add them in and send it out.

caddygsxr
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
once the list is final i can finish, what do you think so far

Devaclis
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM
At the bottom "NON-glass containers ARE preferred"

:)

64BonnieLass
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
All donations ...

Donations will be accepted until...spell check that one too.

Awesome job Caddy. That looks pretty nice I think. You da man! :yay:

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Food drive - Drive capitalized
Donations can be dropped off (two 'p's in dropped), also insert 'these' between at and locations.

"All donation will be" should be donations plural

"Accedted until" should be accepted, until is one 'l'.

Can you make the R2SL and CSC logos the same size at the top?

Web address for faymyers - fix first letter.
Add rest of addresses if you can find them.

Thanks!

wazemoto07
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have some good friends at Colorado powersports in Northglenn and would be willing to talk those folks to help. Let me know and I may be able to get the Boulder location to kick in as well. I'll call when you give the word and we can all make this happen for those that are'nt as fortunate.
Greg "Arvada"

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sounds good Greg, let's see what Sheila comes back with since she was calling CoPow already. Stay tuned...

wazemoto07
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I called Copow and Kurt is going to call me back on if we can use them for both locations as a Donation spot. Will let you all know tomorrow if they are willing to do this, so we are on a roll........
Greg

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
CoPow NorthGlenn is in waiting on a return call from CoPow bloulder. I will let you know about Coyote soon.

longrider
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
The full name of Fay Myers is Fay Myers Motorcycle World

Thanks

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Coyote is in still haven't heard from boulder CoPow.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Great, thanks for the update!

The PR will go for final edit and dispersal after lunch tomorrow. Any shops should be finalized by then. For now I am putting CoPow Boulder in it just so I have less typing later.

I will give Performance a ring in the morning and update on that one. For now they're in the PR too; they've helped out R2SL so I can't imagine them saying no. With them and CP Boulder in, we have 13 collection sites across the metro area!

Gonna be a busy day on the 23rd picking all of this up.

1ofTheBoys
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Great, thanks for the update!

The PR will go for final edit and dispersal after lunch tomorrow. Any shops should be finalized by then. For now I am putting CoPow Boulder in it just so I have less typing later.

I will give Performance a ring in the morning and update on that one. For now they're in the PR too; they've helped out R2SL so I can't imagine them saying no. With them and CP Boulder in, we have 13 collection sites across the metro area!

Gonna be a busy day on the 23rd picking all of this up.

Make it 14.....Creative' Looks Salon is in as well. They are located at 8175 Sheridan Blvd, Arvada, Co. Jeff will give 10% off on select services when you donate items. His prices are very reasonable. He does not have a website yet but is working on one.

[/URL]
Thunderbird Motorcycles - No website but phone number is 303 463-9399
Thunderbird does tire sales but also works on Harley's. They now have a metric guy as well.

12 Volt Tavern [URL="http://www.12volttavern.com"]www.12volttavern.com (http://www.12volttavern.com)
G-Force www.gforcepowersports.com (http://www.gforcepowersports.com)
Colorado Powersports www.copowersports.com (http://www.copowersports.com)
Coyote Motorsports www.coyotemotorsports.com (http://www.coyotemotorsports.com)

CurtisRR
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Northie Drop off locations are:

Full Throttle Coffee House in Fort Collins (formerly MotoHaus) http://www.fullthrottlecoffeehouse.com/

and

Tri City Cycle in Loveland http://www.tricitycycle.com/

1ofTheBoys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
CoPow Boulder is in. I am sending Trisha the info so they can post this on their website.

Do we know who is printing posters or should we have them printed ourselves and put them up in the locations we have gotten on board?

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Probably just print ourselves and distribute accordingly.

Devaclis
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I have not received 1 can or even a really offer. CSC - SC fails :(

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
:wtf: step up people! Dana needs your frank and beans! :eyebrows:

Devaclis
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hey! I will be at the Fox and Hound by Southwest plaza tonight from 6:00 until 9 or 10. bring me your food!

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Performance is in as well. The PR is getting final editing now and will hit motorcycle news media within a couple hours. Local media will start getting it today as well.

1ofTheBoys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Great job everyone, now let's start collecting food. Do we have an updated flyer so I can print some out?

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hopefully the updated flyer turns up on here shortly.

This is the press release that just went out:

RACING 2 SAVE LIVES AND COLORADO SPORTBIKE CLUB TEAM UP FOR FOOD DRIVE

Inspired by recent local media reports of critical food shortages, motorcycle charity organization Racing 2 Save Lives and the Colorado Sportbike Club are teaming up this winter to help fight hunger in Denver and surrounding areas.

Thanks to several motorcycle dealerships and businesses, anyone can donate non-perishable food items through December 22nd. R2SL has donated the use of their event trailer to pick up the food from each location on December 23rd and deliver it to Food Bank of the Rockies, where it will be distributed to hundreds of families and people in need.

R2SL President Ralph Forsythe commented, "People everywhere are hurting for basic needs right now, and the economic downturn is just amplifying those needs. Many of us are more fortunate, so we want to give something back to our community and help out wherever we can. To see so many people rally around this cause is truly spectacular!"

Donations of boxed or canned items (no glass please) may be taken to these locations:

Fay Myers Motorcycle World – 9700 E. Arapahoe Rd., Greenwood Village
Grand Prix Motorsports – 3105 W. County Line Rd., Littleton
G-Force Powersports – 7700 W. Colfax Ave., Lakewood
Faster Motosports – 999 N. Vallejo St., Denver
TFOG Wheelsports – 16010 W. 5th Ave., Golden
Acquilano Leslie Inc. – 1600 Stout St., Suite 200, Denver
ATS Diesel Performance – 5293 Ward Rd., Arvada
Coyote Motorsports – 301 E. 57th Ave., Denver
Colorado Powersports Denver – 2050 W. 104th Ave., Thornton
Colorado Powersports Boulder – 1880 N. 55th St., Boulder
Performance Cycle – 1990 S. Broadway, Denver
Thunderbird Motorcycles – 9709 W. 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge
12 Volt Tavern – 7514 Grandview Ave., Arvada
Creative Looks Salon – 8175 Sheridan Blvd., Arvada
Full Throttle Coffee House – 6712 S. College Ave, Ft. Collins
Tri-City Cycle – 3675 Clydesdale Parkway, Loveland

Grand Prix Motorsports is offering discount coupons to anyone bringing in food items for this drive, and Fay Myers Motorcycle World will have Santa Claus at their store on December 20th for the kids. R2SL's trailer will be at Fay Myers along with Santa to help collect donations. ATS Diesel is also offering 15 percent off purchases to food donors, and Creative Looks Salon is giving 10 percent off select services.

In addition, CSC members and R2SL volunteers have planned several "bike nights" at regional locations to centralize donations, which will be collected and delivered with the rest of the food given at the businesses mentioned above.

R2SL organizers are currently planning events for 2009. For more information on participating or volunteering, visit R2SL's web site at www.racing2savelives.org or call 303-767-RACE.

Racing 2 Save Lives is a 501(c)3 charity that operates unique track-day events for motorcyclists, with proceeds donated to deserving children's charities in the communities where R2SL takes place. Since its founding in 2004, R2SL has donated $246,000 to charity.

-ends-

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM
this is the list i have is there any im missing:
GP, tfog, gforce, ats diesel, 12 volt, faster, fay myers, Co pow boulder, co pow devner, thunderbrid, performance, coyote, tri city, full throttle coffee, creative looks, aquilano

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
If you want just copy and paste the list from the press release I quoted above, that's what was sent to various media outlets a couple hours ago. Best to keep things consistent.

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
how this look

CurtisRR
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hey can you do dealer names in red? May be more seasonal and they might stick out a little more.

CurtisRR
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah and press release has hit Roadracing World: http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35170

longrider
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I believe its Racing 2 save Lives :)

Also if you could put the full name of Fay Myers in - Fay Myers Motorcycle World

Thanks

Sticky 296
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM
In the website section you have Fookbankoftherockies should be foodbankoftherockies

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
now

Pandora-11
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Donations will be accepted...

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
once more

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for posting that link Curtis. Whoo Hoo.

Awesome work on everyone's part. I already have my box at work filling up. Yay!!!!

And Caddy, I forgot to tell you - thank you for taking the initiative the way you did on the flyer. You have done a great job and it's very much appreciated.

I really hope this works out the way I think it will.

CSC does great work and the more people that know about it the better. I kinda feel proud and it fills my heart. The effort certain people have put forth is amazing to me. This is awesome.

CSC KNOWS KINDNESS!

We freeking rock. :yay:

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Im just glad i could help and that was all done the microsoft paint

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Few more flyer typo edits:

- Be consistent on the shop syntax; some have a ':' after the name, some don't. Add it to the lines that don't.
- On performance cycle, it's cycle singular; also no space between shop name and address.
- CSC web address at top is www.cosportbikeclub.org; not sports, and not .com. :) Also you might put that under the CSC logo just so people don't get confused.

Otherwise I don't see anything else standing out. Once you fix those can you make a PDF of it that people can print out? I will PM you my email address; you can send it there and I will upload to the CSC site.

thanks!

caddygsxr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM
:cool:

longrider
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Ralph, I assume you will post a link to the PDF in this thread? Carla was asking for a file when i showed her a print of an early draft, I explained it wasn't done yet.

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah when we get it. Sounds like he can't convert the file so I will probably try and recreate it in Quark to get a print quality version.

I did forward the press release to Carla earlier today, so she has the relevant info at least.

wazemoto07
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hey all I did talk to Kurt Finley up in Boulder co-pow and said of coarse we can use them and I am going to go up tomorrow and drop off a few totes and some flyers for them to use. Sorry got home way late tonight so thought I'd let you know I can pick this up for us in Thornton and Boulder store unless someone else is doing it. Let me know please or call me 303-253-1179 and we are good.....
Greg

rforsythe
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Greg, I think Sheila also locked down the Boulder store. It went out in the press release already that we were using them, so they're getting food whether they like it or not! ;)

We will do the pickup rounds on Dec 23rd. Right now I think we should be able to get all shops except maybe the northernmost ones (Tri City and Full Throttle) by driving a big circle, but I don't have that planned out yet. I'll update on pickup plans as we get closer and ask for help where we'll need it.

Thanks for helping out!

wazemoto07
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM
You are very welcome and the Boulder store is in, yes, as well the Thornton store so I'll talk to Kurt up there in the morn and let him know its a go starting tomorrow. He said he'd even see if he could get the employees from both stores to pitch in some food for us and would pass the word!!! Cool just let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.....:)

asp_125
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Right now the plan is for us northies to be picking up at Full Throttle and Tri City on the 20th and bringing it down to Fays.

1ofTheBoys
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Ralph, if you don't have time to re-create the flyer let me know and I can do it. I also have the programs to convert to PDF. Just need to get the final version so we can get the shops set up today.

rforsythe
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Right now the plan is for us northies to be picking up at Full Throttle and Tri City on the 20th and bringing it down to Fays.

What happens if people drop food off after that?

mtnairlover
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
What happens if people drop food off after that?

Not to worry, we got a plan for that, too.:)

rforsythe
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Not to worry, we got a plan for that, too.:)

Since it needs to fit into my pickup schedule, you wanna share? :)

DavidofColorado
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Since it needs to fit into my pickup schedule, you wanna share? :)
I get to keep it? :alien:

1ofTheBoys
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Following is the link to the final PDF flyers.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27915

500rgurl
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
My office is in! I will be posting flyers and putting collection boxes out in the lunch room today!! :)

1ofTheBoys
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Has anyone taken flyers for the Food Drive to the various shops???

I dropped of flyers at the following:
G-Force Powersports – 7700 W. Colfax Ave., Lakewood
Faster Motosports – 999 N. Vallejo St., Denver
Coyote Motorsports – 301 E. 57th Ave., Denver
Colorado Powersports Denver – 2050 W. 104th Ave., Thornton
Colorado Powersports Boulder – 1880 N. 55th St., Boulder
Thunderbird Motorcycles – 9709 W. 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge
12 Volt Tavern – 7514 Grandview Ave., Arvada
Creative Looks Salon – 8175 Sheridan Blvd., Arvada

DavidofColorado
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Nice job on the flyers.

mtnairlover
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Has anyone taken flyers for the Food Drive to the various shops???

Hey Sheila...I took care of Tri-City and Full Throttle. You and caddygsxr have done an awesome job.:)

Devaclis
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I have had 2 really awesome people donate so far. :( Imma paste these flyers EVERYWHER!!!

"Whenever I walk people try and hand me a flyer. And when someone tries to hand me out a flyer, it’s kinda like they’re saying, “Here, you throw this away.”" /Mitch Hedberg

salsashark
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I have had 2 really awesome people donate so far. :( Imma paste these flyers EVERYWHER!!!

went to Costco yesterday... blew my budget out of the water...

Sticky 296
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I just talked to the person running the Acquilano Leslie Inc. (http://www.acquilano.com/) location and they are putting up some big numbers. They said they have about 6 large boxs full. We need to get alot more here at Grand Prix! are boxs are looking very weak! Remember if you are going to donate and you want to get a fatty discount on your next parts and accesories purchese. Stop by, any donation over 4 cans for CSC members gets you 25% off 1 time on any in stock product! Also to sweetin the pot how about the CSC member to donate the most cans at this GPM location will receive a $50.00 gift certificate to the store. :)

Devaclis
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I will swing by GP and drop off what I have collected :) I will have much more after Friday!!

rforsythe
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
went to Costco yesterday... blew my budget out of the water...

I just talked to the person running the Acquilano Leslie Inc. (http://www.acquilano.com/) location and they are putting up some big numbers. They said they have about 6 large boxs full. We need to get alot more here at Grand Prix! are boxs are looking very weak! Remember if you are going to donate and you want to get a fatty discount on your next parts and accesories purchese. Stop by, any donation over 4 cans for CSC members gets you 25% off 1 time on any in stock product! Also to sweetin the pot how about the CSC member to donate the most cans at this GPM location will receive a $50.00 gift certificate to the store. :)

I will swing by GP and drop off what I have collected :) I will have much more after Friday!!

:rock: That's what I'm talkin about!

Reminder everyone, make sure you drop off your food at one of the collection locations! We're gonna have a very busy day on the 23rd trying to get around to all of them and make it to Food Bank by 2-3pm, so we won't be able to make extra stops.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
:rock: That's what I'm talkin about!

Reminder everyone, make sure you drop off your food at one of the collection locations! We're gonna have a very busy day on the 23rd trying to get around to all of them and make it to Food Bank by 2-3pm, so we won't be able to make extra stops.

PM me with your schedule if you need help. I could get CPS here in Boulder possibly.

1ofTheBoys
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Jeff, if you could get the Boulder one then I can pick up at the following locations (this also depends on how much they collect):

G-Force Powersports
Faster Motosports
Coyote Motorsports
Colorado Powersports Denver
Thunderbird Motorcycles
12 Volt Tavern
Creative Looks Salon

FZRguy
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Sticky, I'll drop off a bag of stuff on Friday. I need some new MX boots so might take you up on the 25% off deal.

Sticky 296
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Your boots are here waiting for you! If I am not around ask for Tracy! Thanks Chris
GPM

rforsythe
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Slight change of plans guys, the big trailer will NOT be at Fay tomorrow. I tried to get it just now and there is a better than average chance of it sliding sideways on the incline I'd have to pull it across; with nothing to stop it, I'd be along for the ride as it barrel rolls through a fence (I tapped the brakes on my truck without the trailer and was going sideways down it, and that's without an extra 9,000lbs of weight pulling me). We don't really want to do that...

Pickup and dropoff on Tuesday will remain the same. Still not sure if the big rig will be there, but worst case I will just take my race trailer from home.

mtnairlover
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 02:41 PM
W00t!!! A very big thank you goes out to Josh at Full Throttle Coffee House in Ft. Collins. Also, to Jennifer (sky_blue) for the food donations. Jeff (asp_125) and I hauled a total of 24 boxes of food down to Fay Myers today to unload into Ralph's truck.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/trunkloadoffood.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/truckloadoffood.jpg

THANKS
and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Ah, now that was a smile inducing day if I don't say so myself.:)

longrider
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Is Ralph coming back? I had some food for him and there was a bunch in a back storeroom.

mtnairlover
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah...Ralph has plans to make the rounds on the 23rd in the Metro area to do the major pick up. Jeff and I had to come from the Northern Territories and it's just easier to deliver on the weekend for us.

rforsythe
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Is Ralph coming back? I had some food for him and there was a bunch in a back storeroom.

Yep on Tuesday, I went in and talked to Carla about it.

Rough guess here but I think I have about 1200lbs of food in my garage right now!!

salsashark
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
FYI

They (the ladies working the Santa desk at Fay's) had me drop food off in the electrical room in the front of the store back behind the Ducks...

rforsythe
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cool, thanks for the heads up.

longrider
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
FYI

They (the ladies working the Santa desk at Fay's) had me drop food off in the electrical room in the front of the store back behind the Ducks...

Thats where I put my stuff too. I had asked Carla to let me know when you got here so I could just hand it to you but since that didnt happen I just put it with salsashark's stuff.

Wyck
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I made my food deposit at Grand Prix today :)

MetaLord 9
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 11:36 PM
what time are you guys picking everything up on the 23rd? Wanted to get my stuff down to GP today but didn't have time. If I have the Girlie drop off mah cans on Tues morning (they're closed Mon, right?) will there still be time (& will I still be able to nab the 25% off?)

rforsythe
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I'd suggest getting to GP pretty early on Tues if you're going then. I don't know what time exactly, but they're one of the first stops and I'm not going to waste much time in the morning.

Wyck
Sun Dec 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM

Crap! I didn't read this until just now. But I dropped off three grocery bags of canned and boxed goodies last night. Jeff is my witness! Can I get a raincheck on the 25% off discount? I hit there pretty close to closing and was drooling over the gsxr I can't afford yet instead of looking at the gear and clothing I can afford. :)

FZRguy
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:56 AM
I got a screamin’ deal on some new Sidi’s Friday…thanks Chris! Did some new bike lusting while I was there...

64BonnieLass
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I will be dropping off a bunch of stuff that I collected from the office first thing in the morning at Grand Prix. I will just put it by the front door around 7:30. :)

rforsythe
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
PM me with your schedule if you need help. I could get CPS here in Boulder possibly.

Jeff, if you could get the Boulder one then I can pick up at the following locations (this also depends on how much they collect):

G-Force Powersports
Faster Motosports
Coyote Motorsports
Colorado Powersports Denver
Thunderbird Motorcycles
12 Volt Tavern
Creative Looks Salon

Jeff if you can get CPS/Boulder that would help. I could meet you at TFOG mid-morning-ish if that works? I need to stop off at my office, Fay, and Grand Prix on the way there. I'm guessing about 10:30 or so.

Sheila not sure what your free time is like, but if you could get the stuff on there except Faster that would also be great. We could meet up with you either same time as Jeff, or after.

Does that work for both of you?

Nick_Ninja
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Jeff if you can get CPS/Boulder that would help. I could meet you at TFOG mid-morning-ish if that works? I need to stop off at my office, Fay, and Grand Prix on the way there. I'm guessing about 10:30 or so.

Sheila not sure what your free time is like, but if you could get the stuff on there except Faster that would also be great. We could meet up with you either same time as Jeff, or after.

Does that work for both of you?

Disregard the PM. I will be at B-town CPS @ 9AM tomorrow morning when they open. I will then make my way to TFOG with a target landing of 10:30AM. It is supposed to snow so that might alter the schedule some.

rforsythe
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, trying to bust this all out as early as possible to beat as much of the snow as I can.

InlineSIX24
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
You know you want to make the 2wd people feel bad w/ your Ford.

rforsythe
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
True, but I don't want them running into it either. ;)

Sheeeeeila answer your phone!!

peteremsley
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I took a small box of stuff that I'd collected in the office over to Fay Myers this am. Unfortunately I missed the collection :(

Is there anywhere south that I can still drop this stuff off?

Sortarican
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
I thought today was the last day for dropoff?
Was planning to go by GP after work.

mtnairlover
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Check out post #143 for drop off locations and post #161 for the day the pick-ups will happen.

Not sure where Ralph would be now, but I believe the Food Bank of the Rockies is way out in BFE Aurora, which is where he will be heading. If you have nick_ninja's number, or Ralph's give 'em a call.

Sortarican
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, #161 says 12/23, though not what time etc.

Ralph, have you picked up at Grand Prix yet?

Dizzy D
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Probably, he left at 9:00 and that was one of the first stops.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
I dropped off CPS at TFOG @ 10:30.

Sticky 296
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah Ralph all ready did the pick up at Grand Prix Motorsports!

64BonnieLass
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah Ralph all ready did the pick up at Grand Prix Motorsports!

Did you get my stuff on the front porch this morning?

I was gonna throw in a couple ceiling cats for you, but we know what happens to those poor lil guys. :lol:

rforsythe
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Friggen AWESOME job guys! We kinda surprised the folks at Food Bank when we pulled up and told them we had some food to drop off.
Rybo: "Hey we have some food to give you."
Them: "Oh, yeah ok, just pull over to that door and unload it..."
Rybo: "Well we have about 6,000lbs of it, would you mind bringing some pallets and a lift?"
Them: :bigeyes:

They brought a small army out and had us unloaded in about 15 minutes, pictures will be posted up in a bit. We collected so much it maxed out the weight of what I could carry in my smaller trailer, and we ended up having to pile it in the bed of the truck. We actually ended up airing up the tires on the trailer at Grand Prix after the weight started making them look a little flatter than I liked.

Kick ass job guys! 6,000lbs of food in a week is awesome!

Sticky 296
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Did you get my stuff on the front porch this morning?

I was gonna throw in a couple ceiling cats for you, but we know what happens to those poor lil guys. :lol:

Yeah we got it great job! I wish there was a few ceiling cats in the bag, I would have taken better care of them this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rybo
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
It was a fantastic day. Here are some pics:

A couple at Grand Prix, where a HUGE amount of food was collected.

Then a couple more at the food bank with some of the staff there. What a great bunch of people! The pallets in the front are a portion of the food that you all collected and donated, some of it was already warehoused by the time I got to take the picture!

I wish all of you a very happy holiday season. Good job!

Scott

rybo
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Friggen AWESOME job guys! We kinda surprised the folks at Food Bank when we pulled up and told them we had some food to drop off.
Rybo: "Hey we have some food to give you."
Them: "Oh, yeah ok, just pull over to that door and unload it..."
Rybo: "Well we have about 6,000lbs of it, would you mind bringing some pallets and a lift?"
Them: :bigeyes:

It was more like

Them: :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 12:29 AM
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT :up:

XMAS MERRY :santa:

mtnairlover
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
What a great way to start my day.:santa:

You guys are awesome...each and every one of you!!! Great job everyone!!!

Ceez
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Amazing...congrats and hats off to everyone who put this together in such a short time! Great job everyone and I hope you all have a great Holiday week.

InlineSIX24
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Not bad for a week of collecting. Next year should be like 12000 lbs of food if we get on it sooner.