PDA

View Full Version : I fought the ...

DevilsTonic
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
table saw, and i lost....thankfully i get to keep my fingers (i think). If not i can brake with my ring and pinky fingers, right?

:)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
GAWD WOMAN!!!! Get a dumb guy to do your home improvements. Hope you have a top notch hand surgeon. We need PIX.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM
You and Joe Sakic should start a club for people who can't operate dangerous power tools!

gtn
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Holly crap! When did ya do this? :shocked:

DevilsTonic
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
just did it tonight. there was a knot in the wood and the blade stuck and kicked the wood back at me, my fingers hit the blade.

the middle finger is kinda bad, they're starting to bruise pretty good too. :) And Jeff... I'm single...not many easily accessible dumb guys on my roster. Besides why would i make a man do something that i am capable of.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/P1010006.jpg

64BonnieLass
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Oh stop being a girl for gods sake.

Some tequila and a mickey mouse bandaid and you will be fine. When Mickey starts dancing on your fingers, you know you've had enough (tequila).

But seriously Leah, GET THAT RING OFF PRONTO. If your fingers swell it's gonna suckkkkkkk later. Do it!!!!! And some frozen peas now wouldn't hurt either to keep the swelling down that will happen later.

Sorry honey. :(

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
That is a flesh wound. No sympathy here sister.

Now if this was from your shop class escapade:

http://frankrogers.org/images/finger-amputation.jpg

+1 on getting that RING OFF NOW.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Oh FFS, all this whining for that? It isn't a "shop accident" unless you damn near saw your hand in half. Suck it up, do a shot of something strong, and get back in the garage and build some shit. :D

64BonnieLass
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Looks like Ralph has some free time - 8 million times post whore that you JUST KNOW he made up on his very own. I mean the man put a cowbell in the corner of his bedroom and rings it whether he gets any or not. He rings that bell when he gets outta da shower.

Go build her something ralph!!!!! Get. On. It.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
No time, Terri. I gotta go ring my cowbell.

MattTLS
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 08:53 PM
At a safety training meeting this last weekend at Budweiser in Fort Collins, we were shown the latest in table saw technology -- http://www.sawstop.com/.

It's pretty incredible. The blade stops quickly enough the most you're likely to show injury-wise is a nick on your finger/hand. Not exactly cheap, though.

Think
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Besides why would i make a man do something that i am capable of.
To make us feel manly, of course.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
To make us feel manly, of course.

BINGO! It's a totally self-serving thing :D

SumoWeezle
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
. Besides why would i make a man do something that i am capable of.

Well apparently you're not capable... Just sayin... :doublefinger:

utsv650
Thu Dec 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
seems everyone gets hurt today... i spent a good 30 minutes dealing with a kid who caught the bad side of an elbow in bball game tonight... he gets 3 dollars under his pillow if he leaves the three i picked up off the floor there... and maybe 4 if she (the fairy) counts the one he swallowed!

vmax2003
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:14 AM
table saw, and i lost....thankfully i get to keep my fingers (i think). If not i can brake with my ring and pinky fingers, right?

ouch...

daemon
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 04:25 AM
ouchie.....you poor thing.....

bleh!!
too mushy???

i've had a chunk of plywood kick off on me once.
just enough force to rip the watch off my wrist and leaxe a fair sized gouge.

i dread to think what it would've looked like if the watch weren't there.

200sr20
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Damn woman......what the hell where you cutting?

Devaclis
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
^^ Duh, her fingers!!!

200sr20
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
^^ Duh, her fingers!!!

:spit:

puckstr
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Dang that had to be a sphincter tightening event. Glad it wasn't serious

I am sure you have men ready to do you "WOOD" work for you.

PROFLYER
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
You are VERY lucky. I watched a kid cut his tumb off on a table saw in wood class in high school...it shot it at the wall....and stuck! It happened so fast he didn't even realize it for a few seconds. Thus the reason I pay carpenters like Chad to do stuff, let them cut their fingers off (messin with ya buddy).

Slo
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Dang that had to be a sphincter tightening event. Glad it wasn't serious

I am sure you have men ready to do you "WOOD" work for you.

+1

Dang girlie, glad it didn't turn out worse, get that ring off.....

SaShWhO
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:13 AM
lemme know if and what you need from the standpoint of bandages and such Leah!

Devaclis
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Arent' those the two that go in the pink?

Sortarican
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Damn! You're hard-core girl.
Most women just use an emory board to do their nails.:headbang:

TFOGGuys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Sheez, Leah....I get hurt worse than that at least once a week around here... Ice, compression, and elevation (keep your hand above your shoulder when giving us the finger:321:) will help with the swelling. +1 on ring removal. I NEVER wear 'em when I'm working.

DevilsTonic
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:52 AM
eh it's all good, the worst of it is the bruising...Wasn't whining so much as making fun of myself for bein a tard.

Had to make sure the blade was sharp, yanno?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM
No sympathy from me unless you lose at LEAST one knuckle!:) Now suck it up and go back out there and do it right, dammit!

DevilsTonic
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
fuck you, you fuckin fucks....I want my mommy it HURTS. :lol: wait...do i score any more points if I tell you that I wrapped it in duct tape, because I couldn't find a towel and I finished making the cut that bit me and then cut two more pieces of wood...?

I mean that has to be at least somewhat admirable even to chuck norris....right?

TFOGGuys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Big points for the duct tape first aid..... :up:

Tipys
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
^^^^^^ plus one

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
fuck you, you fuckin fucks....I want my mommy it HURTS. :lol: wait...do i score any more points if I tell you that I wrapped it in duct tape, because I couldn't find a towel and I finished making the cut that bit me and then cut two more pieces of wood...?

I mean that has to be at least somewhat admirable even to chuck norris....right?
Chuck Norris would have wrapped it in barbed wire.............then destroyed the saw and killed the manufacturers for daring to make him bleed.........

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
fuck you, you fuckin fucks....I want my mommy it HURTS. :lol:

And we have Tequila in 5...4...3...2...DRINKMUTHAFUCKA, DRINKMUTHAFUCKA, DRINKIMUTHAFUCKA, DRINK!

Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CurtisRR
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
And we have Tequila in 5...4...3...2...DRINKMUTHAFUCKA, DRINKMUTHAFUCKA, DRINKIMUTHAFUCKA, DRINK!

Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gonna share? :drink:

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I will.
Leah won't.

Oh god I just realized if her hands are messed up, no drunken Terri back rubs. Sooooooooooo sad!!!!!:cry:

DevilsTonic
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i gots no liquor, and just took my last vicoden from when i wrecked my back. and before you all call me a puss, i took the vicoden because i just scrubbed it out with a brush and it smarts,

I will.
Leah won't.

Oh god I just realized if her hands are messed up, no drunken Terri back rubs. Sooooooooooo sad!!!!!:cry:

You gonna share? :drink:no....what terri said!!

Terri honey, my fingers will heal before our next drunken outing i'm sure, :)

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ok but I owe you back. Do u need anything?

I'll do duct tape. I'll do back rubs, I'll even fill your glass. No foot rubs though. Too kinky for me.

DevilsTonic
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Ok but I owe you back. Do u need anything?

I'll do duct tape. I'll do back rubs, I'll even fill your glass. No foot rubs though. Too kinky for me.You don't owe me shit and foot rubs are the best!!

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM
You don't owe me shit and foot rubs are the best!!

FINE!!!!! I'll do foot rubs. No pictures though. It's gotta stay private. :D

daemon
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
FINE!!!!! I'll do foot rubs. No pictures though. It's gotta stay private. :D
make sure to run"""private video"....i wanna see.
BTW...i'm a dirty old man

DevilsTonic
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:24 PM
FINE!!!!! I'll do foot rubs. No pictures though. It's gotta stay private. :Dlol no one said you had to do foot rubs, I was merely stating that foot rubs are da bomb. :)

BTW...i'm a dirty old manlast time she asked about the red flashing light i told her it was my alarm clock.

Rvrsprite
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Mine is worse!! I was chopping veggies an hour before my Thanksgiving guests arrived and nearly chopped off the end of my finger (that's what happens when you drink and chop). Waited til the next day to get stitches (mistake). It didn't take, and now I'm slated for plastic surgery and a possible skin graft.

Good luck healing up, and wish me luck on mine!

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM
BTW...i'm a dirty old man

Oh dear lil 9 pound 8 ounce lil baby jesus....FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will make video, just for you Mayo. Not gonna be the professional kinda video though. Quality might just suck...or not...depends on the tequila rationing.

daemon
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 05:36 AM
i'll send the bottle:drink:

DevilsTonic
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 09:19 AM
i'll send the bottle:drink:...of ky? make it two of hers+hers. :)

daemon
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
NUM YUMMY:hump:

DevilsTonic
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM
don't know about you Mr. Num yummy but the ky wasn't for eating. :)

200sr20
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
don't know about you Mr. Num yummy but the ky wasn't for eating. :)

Thats why you get the consumable flavores stuff

DevilsTonic
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I gots to get me one of these. One of the people on NekkidRiders posted this.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/10/circular_saw_wont_cut_fingers.php

daemon
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
that is awesome/

I gots to get me one of these. One of the people on NekkidRiders posted this.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/10/circular_saw_wont_cut_fingers.php

daemon
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
i do have to comment though.
why did they use a weiner for a demonstration???
do they think men are that stupid???

wazemoto07
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hey there Lea, if you need some help give me a call and I think I can definately help you out. I am not far from you and I just got a new Jawhorse I need to try out. Have a drill press as well have tools, will travel, since the wife is out of town let me know if there is anything I can do...be careful and yes I am a steel stud framer as well.
Greg 303-253-1179

PsychoMike
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Mine is worse!! I was chopping veggies an hour before my Thanksgiving guests arrived and nearly chopped off the end of my finger (that's what happens when you drink and chop). Waited til the next day to get stitches (mistake). It didn't take, and now I'm slated for plastic surgery and a possible skin graft.

Good luck healing up, and wish me luck on mine!

i did that while making sushi one night.

luckily the fingernail stoped the knife from taking the tip of my finger off

DevilsTonic
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
i do have to comment though.
why did they use a weiner for a demonstration???
do they think men are that stupid???Ever heard of the pain olympics? :) I suppose they could go to the hospital and look for an already severed limb...it's snow blower season i'm sure it happens a lot this time of year.

Hey there Lea, if you need some help give me a call and I think I can definately help you out. I am not far from you and I just got a new Jawhorse I need to try out. Have a drill press as well have tools, will travel, since the wife is out of town let me know if there is anything I can do...be careful and yes I am a steel stud framer as well.
Greg 303-253-1179:hump: are you volunteering to be my dumb guy..? :) How very kind of you....

Ooooo AND you have tools! I guess I was wrong chivalry isn't dead. :D

wazemoto07
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yep, I will volunteer to be your dumb guy as I am trying to keep busy doing constructive things and "Yes, Chivalry Rules".:vader:Let me know and I shall be there!!!:up:8)