PDA

View Full Version : Laid Off-Merry Christmas!

RajunCajun
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hey, I'm Elliot and I'm unemployed. I just got laid off today, guess I found out early what my boss is getting me for Christmas, hugh? Anyway, I'm a degreed mechanical engineer. I did reliability work for John Crane for 1 year, was a test engineer for Caterpillar for 2 years and have been a design engineer for Caljan RiteHite for the past 4 months before the bottom fell out and they started chopping heads.

I am looking for pretty much anything at this point, manual labor included. Also, if there are any members working in law envorcement, I would really like to talk about your work and the police accademy, as I have been interested in becoming a cop, detective specifically, for quite some time now. I really considered it before I got the enginreering after moving to Denver, but had a really good offer from Caljan.

Any ideas, feal free(ha, since I don't have a job!) to call me at 303-720-1361.

Thanks!!

64BonnieLass
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hey there.
Contact firefighter (sp) for firemen jobs. Or at least have that discussion regarding possibilties and what is required. I don't know him, but his posts are usually "nice guy" oriented. I think he will share his knowledge with you.
Contact: Shit guys, who's the cop on here, can't remember the username for the life of me....Jeff Nick_Ninja knows....crap....

I am a technical recruiter by trade. I am happy to help you any way I can as I have for many others here. (they help me with mechanical bike shit, which I'm a girl at, and I do my part where I can)

Send resume to tgulli3711@msn.com. Word.doc please. Although I recruit DW/BI now, I used to recruit for traditional engineering. Maybe I can help, maybe I can't. But I'm happy to try.

T-Dub
Fri Dec 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I am a Corporal for the Detention center here in Laramie County, Cheyenne, Wyoming. We are always hiring. Most Law Enforcement agencies are. Becoming a Detective ususally takes a few years working the streets as a 'beat cop' before advancement opportunities present themselves. Here you start out in the Detention Center as a Deputy and test for the road after a couple years. Then a couple years on the road, and you can test for Defective. Whoops, Detective I meant.

Good Luck and if you are interested in working for Laramie County, Give Gerry (Jerry) Luce a call at (307)633-4725. Tell 'em Corporal Brown sent ya.

Keep your head up, things will get better.

For the most part, the folks on this board are great and will help if they can.

hcr25
Sat Dec 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
sorry to hear about you job loss.

I have several friends/customers that are police officers. I can get in touch with them for info if you would like.
mike

dapper
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 12:58 PM
email sent :)

RajunCajun
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hey there.
Contact firefighter (sp) for firemen jobs. Or at least have that discussion regarding possibilties and what is required. I don't know him, but his posts are usually "nice guy" oriented. I think he will share his knowledge with you.
Contact: Shit guys, who's the cop on here, can't remember the username for the life of me....Jeff Nick_Ninja knows....crap....
Yeah, I'm going to try to schedule a couple ride-alongs this week. I would like to speak with as many people involved in Law-enforcement as possible.
I am a technical recruiter by trade. I am happy to help you any way I can as I have for many others here. (they help me with mechanical bike shit, which I'm a girl at, and I do my part where I can)

Send resume to tgulli3711@msn.com. Word.doc please. Although I recruit DW/BI now, I used to recruit for traditional engineering. Maybe I can help, maybe I can't. But I'm happy to try.
Thank you very much. I'll send you my resume shortly.

I am a Corporal for the Detention center here in Laramie County, Cheyenne, Wyoming. We are always hiring. Most Law Enforcement agencies are. Becoming a Detective ususally takes a few years working the streets as a 'beat cop' before advancement opportunities present themselves. Here you start out in the Detention Center as a Deputy and test for the road after a couple years. Then a couple years on the road, and you can test for Defective. Whoops, Detective I meant.

Good Luck and if you are interested in working for Laramie County, Give Gerry (Jerry) Luce a call at (307)633-4725. Tell 'em Corporal Brown sent ya.

Keep your head up, things will get better.

For the most part, the folks on this board are great and will help if they can.
Thanks Corporal. I'm looking for something in the Denver area now, and I'm gonna keep looking into being a cop. Engineering can be pretty boring and I would like to do something that makes a real difference in people's lives.

sorry to hear about you job loss.

I have several friends/customers that are police officers. I can get in touch with them for info if you would like.
mike

Thanks Mike. I'd like to know how being a cop affects their families and home life, as well as what the day-to-day work is like. I've heard that cops get really bored as well, so I just wanna see what I could be getting myself into.

email sent :)
I'll send my resume your way tomorrow morning.

Squisha
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 07:36 AM
On the engineering front...I know NREL is always looking for engineers. Dunno if your skills are applicable or not, but it is quite possible!

http://www.nrel.gov/employment/job_openings.html

t_jolt
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 07:49 AM
+1 on NREL

RajunCajun
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
On the engineering front...I know NREL is always looking for engineers. Dunno if your skills are applicable or not, but it is quite possible!

http://www.nrel.gov/employment/job_openings.html

+1 on NREL

Thanks guys! I registered online so we'll just see what happens.

Do you guys know of anyone (engineering/HR) that I could drop in and talk to?

t_jolt
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM
i know one of the network security guys over there. ill see what i can do

Jim_Vess
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 04:03 PM
www.energycentraljobs.com (http://www.energycentraljobs.com)

elf
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
RTD is crying for engineers! Even offering a bonus!
I know that mostly C.E.'s are needed, but it's worth a shot.
PM me and I'll give you contact info.

RajunCajun
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
RTD is crying for engineers! Even offering a bonus!
I know that mostly C.E.'s are needed, but it's worth a shot.
PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Just went through their site, and yeah, there looking for pretty much only C.E.'s. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

firefghtr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
fire jobs are kinda on a hiring freeze right now but i have seen some police jobs posted on craigslist

Sparker
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah, even when fire is hiring, its tough(read 5 years in co springs) to be able to get a fulltime position. good luck on the hunt. ive made it through 3 lay off rounds. each time gets a little easier.