PDA

View Full Version : Hiking, Mtn Biking, Climbing

dapper
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM
How many folks here enjoy the outdoors?

I decided to spend more time hiking and mtn. biking this year.

I'm curious to see how many csc'ers participate in other hobbies.
:cheers:

asp_125
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Same here... but it seems most nice weekends are taken up by riding with CSC. Funny how that is.

Spinalhaven
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
when you live near boulder it's all there is, snow shoes are my thing right now.

Pandora-11
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM
when you live near boulder it's all there is, snow shoes are my thing right now.

I need some info about snowshoes....I hike with my dog. Nothing strenuous...just a need to be out in the woods.:)

Wyck
Sun Dec 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I'd love to do some hiking this summer too. Though I have to work myself up to some of the higher hikes because I got some wicked altitude sickness when I went up Devils thumb trail.

RCStylin'
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Mountain bike fanatic right now. Ran a marathon a couple of years ago. Also climbed here for about 15 years (brought me to Colorado).

mclarke
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I do my fair share of winter and summer climbs and hikes.

I plan on heading up a 14er in a couple of weeks. Very little traffic during the winter :)

Depending on the snow cover it may be a snowboard decent. We will see.

puckstr
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I do 14ers in the summer.
General Hiking
CAR Camping (I tried the backpack camping...never again)
Snowmobile
Ski (poorly, raised in the South east, but I enjoy it)
Snowshoe
Target Shooting (perfered outdoors)

This year I want to get into Kayaking.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I love riding my mtn bike, as well as hitting up the 4wheel trails on my quad. I also just finished up with my hunters ed. course! Looking to do some pheasant hunting in Jan!!!

ghostrider_9
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Mountain biking is a big part of my life. Lot of hours and miles on the hils and slopes of Colorado.

I do a lot of hiking and snowshoeing. Maybe we should see about putting together a snowshoeing trip one of these weekends. I know the perfect place, if we can get enough interest.

FZRguy
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Snowshoeing with some coworkers on Mt. Evans the first weekend in January if anyone wants to tag. We’ll be hitting up Tommy Knockers afterwards. I would be seriously into MTB but I need a new bike and don’t have the $3k needed to get what I want right now.

bodhizafa
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Tried snowshoing, not a big fan. I've cut way back on activities, used to kayak and mtb a lot, did some climbing too. Maybe I'll get motivated again next summer. Anyways its snowboard season for me.