PDA

View Full Version : i need a job over winter break :)

denver_whitest185
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM
i currently work as a tutor for CSU, however i have no job when school is out of session. anyways, i was wondering if anyone has or knows of any part time jobs that i could work over break since i will have my job back when school starts up again. im kind of a jack of all trades.

I live in fort collins, near campus.

OUTLAWD
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
There was an add on craigslist a while back about a guy looking for able bodies to shovel snow. he evidently has a contract to clear a bunch of shopping center parking lots. I'll see if i can dig up the add again.

Once it gets above freezing we should meet up for a ride, I'm a block or so from campus, and both my roomate and I ride.

denver_whitest185
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
ive been searching craigslist to no avail. if you find it, let me know.

sounds good. my bike is pretty much used year round when the roads are 95% dry and its warmer than 30 degrees.

asp_125
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Do the post offices need extra staff this time of year?

PROFLYER
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Try UPS. They have a warehouse between Loveland/Ft. Collins and my driver told me yesterday they'll be hiring extra help to work until the end of the first week of January. He said literally you can go in at 10 and be on a truck after lunch.

denver_whitest185
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I actually looked over the UPS and Fedex websites, and didn't see any job openings on the UPS one and already applied for the Fedex opening. i'll try calling UPS and seeing whats up

PROFLYER
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
try going by the dist. center that's in N. Loveland (off 287 by the new walmart). It's a short lived part time job so that may be why it's not posted. I asked him again today when he came by my office and he said they were still looking for people. He thought it paid like 18 an hour too with overtime possible.

denver_whitest185
Mon Dec 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
damn, i wounldn't mind $18 an hour, or something close to that.

I think i'll try to call first, but thanks for the heads up.

PROFLYER
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
no problem. If you want to PM me your info I'll leave it for him today. Maybe he could pass it onto whoever, I'm sure a driver bringing in a name to his supervisor would help, especially for something that's this temporary.

mistykz
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I was in the same situation, since my job was on-campus it shuts down over break...once it gets warm we should go riding, I live in FoCo as well

denver_whitest185
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
sounds good.

still wanting a job. possibly something a little more permanent if possible