PDA

View Full Version : Ron Ayers

Lurch
Wed Dec 15th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Well if you read my other post looking for bearings you know the story. If not the short version is I ordered some bearings a while ago for my GXR-R 1000. Well final got my crank back so I go to put it together and find that Suzuki has put crank bearings in my rod bearing boxes. Wrong part right box and label.

Email Ron Ayers about the problem and they say sorry nothing we can do since Suzuki screwed up. Way to stand behind your product Ron Ayers.

Oh and :321: Ron Ayers. I can get the same prices at Fays now anyway.

Lurch

Lurch
Wed Dec 15th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Below is the email they sent me and my response.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in regards to the parts being packaged wrong. All returns; whether they be for damaged items, mis-packaged, or parts that are not needed, have to be called in to customer service within 7 days of receiving the parts. This is due to the fact that we only have 28 days to process the return with the manufacturer. Being the parts are packaged incorrectly, we couldn't put them back on the shelf to be sold to someone else.

We will be more than happy to assist you in looking up the parts that are needed and get them on order for you. If you decide to place an additional order, please call 1-800-888-3084 (option 1).

Vicki,

Well I don't feel that I should have to open all my bearing boxes to make sure that what is labeled on the outside is actually what is on the inside. If you can't or won't back the products which you sell I will just have to take my business elsewhere. I live in Denver Colorado and it isn't like there is a lack of Suzuki dealers here locally. I just liked the convenience and pricing that Ron Ayers offered. I talked to a local Suzuki dealer about the problem I have with Ron Ayers and they are going to match your prices for me in the future. So I will be taking my business to them.

Thanks a former Ron Ayers customer
Doug Lyle

Lurch

panther
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 02:38 PM
any response from them yet?

Lurch
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yep they emailed me back the next day. Basically said too bad. Wow what great customer service and they don't seem to care that I received the wrong parts.

Lurch

Anonymous
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Honestly dude, this is one of the only times I have ever heard of a negative comment about RA. I've heard hundreds about Fay. Guess which one will continue to get my business... ;)

Lurch
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ralph my complaint about your beloved RA is the way they just said too bad. They made no attempt at correcting the problem except to give me a 1-800 number to call to order more parts. Maybe if they had a tad more remorse or had given me a little better of a solution then here is a 1-800 number give us a call and maybe you will get the right parts this time attitiude I wouldn't be so pissed.

I have never had a problem with Fays so I guess I will shop there till I do.

Lurch

Cleveland
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 08:49 PM
what a load of crap. RA should replace it. i'm sure the manufacturer would be embarrassed if a dealer called and told them that their parts were packeged wrong. i would think an exchange wouldn't be a big deal, regardless of time. more importantly, i would expect the store to eat the loss (and expect that they could sell it eventually) before the customer if its a mis-match part/box whatever. way to say F U to the customer. :down:

*MV* #33
Mon Dec 20th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Hey Lurch sorry to hear about the probs with RA. Ive used them to build 3 motors and several other misc parts. Did you call and talk to Chip?
Anywho.. sorry to hear about the Mishap

MV
(Sponsored by www.Ronayers.com )