PDA

View Full Version : The In-humane Society

Devaclis
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=106035&catid=346

Assholes. they should put them in prison, then kill them, to make room for more appealing prisoners.

puckstr
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
That is fucked up.

Do they do that in orphanages too. Sorry kid you are not adoptable so we are going to kill ya.

~Barn~
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Not to be cold blooded, but maybe it makes sense to put those ones out of their ongoing misery, if they're just going to live out the rest of their days in relative "egh" conditions.

Not that "caged & fed" sounds ultra lousy, considering the alternative, but still...

If you can put your already-limited resources into getting viable animals into adoptive homes, and find some ROI for what I have to think is alrady a barely-sustainable situation. (?)

Anyway... It sucks, but without endless resources, I think you have to do what's best for those with the best chance of an enjoyable life.

And to be realistic for a moment, let's understand that abandoned animals, are decidedly different from orphaned children.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
They were non kill shelters. Peole take animals there knowing they will not be killed. THAT is what makes these people dirtbags.

T-Dub
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 04:59 PM
"And to be realistic for a moment, let's understand that abandoned animals, are decidedly different from orphaned children."

I could not possibly agree more. However, look at PETA. They are so over the edge, that they have even compaired the 911 attacks to chicken farms. The Nazi death camps with pig farms, etc.

I do think that Puckstr was being funny though.

Wyck
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah the way this whole thing went down is awful. I adopted my dog from the dumb friends league which is a true no kill shelter. Maxfund is also a true no-kill shelter which my dad does a lot of volunteer work at. These facilities can always use donations too, especially as foreclosure rates go up so do the abandoned animal rates.

Wyck
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
However, look at PETA. They are so over the edge, that they have even compaired the 911 attacks to chicken farms. The Nazi death camps with pig farms, etc.

I'm a vegetarian and even I think Peta is over the edge. The more I learn about the way the animals that become/produce our food are treated the more I understand why Peta is as over the top as they are. But I would still never throw flour or paint on someone's fur coat or some such other silly thing. Though a naked billboard might not be too over the edge. :eyebrows:

T-Dub
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm a vegetarian and even I think Peta is over the edge. The more I learn about the way the animals that become/produce our food are treated the more I understand why Peta is as over the top as they are. But I would still never throw flour or paint on someone's fur coat or some such other silly thing. Though a naked billboard might not be too over the edge. :eyebrows:

Really depends on who is naked.

I rode bulls for ten years and got to "meet" several of the PETA members. Some of them are just people who are mis-informed, some should be on the terrorist watch list. I think a lot of how our food is treated is not good, but it's food. I am not heartless, I just don't sweat the small stuff. I have to eat, something has to die for that to happen. I have made my peace with that. Now, going overboard and torturing anything for any reason is screwed up, no matter why. Unless it's a terrorist. Then that's OK.

Think
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
If only I hit the jackpot...

Wyck
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Really depends on who is naked.

Haha I was talking about me :boobies::D