PDA

View Full Version : Used Duc for Christmas

apehair
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
After a long, long search, I found a used Ducati 800 Supersport in excellent condition at a price I could afford.

Most of the bikes I found, if they were in good condition, I couldn't afford them. If I could afford them, they weren't in good condition.

Why have so many used Ducatis been dumped?

This one is an 05 with 4,000 miles. Ridden by a little old lady, they tell me. Actually, it was ridden by an old guy (like me) who traded it in on a convertible Mercedes and a young wife (unlike me). Me? I'd trade the Mercedes and the young wife in on a used Ducati anyday. Would EBay allow that?

Anyway, they just loaded it on the truck. It should get here just in time for Christmas. I'm gonna park it between the Harley and the dirt bikes, and if I get laid off in 2009, I'm gonna sell one of my kids.

Most any of you hooligans will be faster, but I'll be purtier. Next time you get out for a spin, let me know so I can come along and gloat.

ape

asp_125
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Pics or it doesn't exist. Congrats. Don't see many SS's. I had a 750 dark, it's still out there in CSC land somewhere.

utsv650
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 08:57 PM
my uncle has this next to my SV lol

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8V6G5jrs7s0/STQ5th2JCTI/AAAAAAAAAcA/cdaMoL7Hq7Y/s640/IMG_0226.JPG

asp_125
Tue Dec 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.psndealer.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/NV14003_1.jpg
The SS certainly doesn't look like anything else on the road. And with the right set of pipes, certainly won't sound like anything else either. The air cooled desmodue engine is down on Hp from a modern I-4, but is pretty cheap to maintain compared to the liquid cooled desmoquattros.

lovinCO
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Gorgeous! Plus it's fun hunting for good bikes. :)

Devaclis
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Congrats!!!!

Slo
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Very nice and congrats... too bad it's so friggin cold out, hate getting a bike during the winter and not being able to ride at will.

apehair
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 09:28 AM
This is a picture of the how the bike looked at the dealership. I'll post a few pics after I get it into my garage and can clean it up a bit.

My friends tell me I won't be able to go back to a Harley after I've ridden a Ducati. We'll see. I've owned Beemers and Hondas before and never had any trouble going back to Harley. In fact, I went running and screaming back to Harley.

You guys are right. It's going to be torture not being able to ride the bike. I should use the time to practice one-fingered push-ups or something to get my wrists ready for the pain.

What's CSC-land?

ape

Slo
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
What's CSC-land?

Think he meant that someone on here (CSC) might have the bike still....

Ceez
Wed Dec 17th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Gorgeous bike...congrats.

Moveman
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Nice bike congrats..

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm jealous!

SaShWhO
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
:slappers:

Vehicle 1
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
It really is a cool bike!

Good job!

peteremsley
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Very pretty. It will be a nice ride, and complementary to the Harley. The riding position on the SS is pretty relaxed by sport bike standards. I'm sure you will love it. I wish I still had mine.

puckstr
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
very nice DUC

apehair
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Very pretty. It will be a nice ride, and complementary to the Harley. The riding position on the SS is pretty relaxed by sport bike standards. I'm sure you will love it. I wish I still had mine.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the congratulations and I am particularly gratified by your jealousy. (I have two teenage daughters - they taught me well).

Peter, why'd you sell yours? That could be a dumb question, since I've sold more than one bike for the dumbest reasons imaginable, but I'm just curious.

ape

peteremsley
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Peter, why'd you sell yours? That could be a dumb question, since I've sold more than one bike for the dumbest reasons imaginable, but I'm just curious.
ape

Too many bikes and not enough room. In hindsight, I should have tidied the garage and kept it.

apehair
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Too many bikes and not enough room. In hindsight, I should have tidied the garage and kept it.

Or stored them in your living room. The salesman of a Ducati store I know kept 12 bikes in his living room. His wife left him, but he still seemed happy.

ape