PDA

View Full Version : It was 11 degrees this morning

Devaclis
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
or so it said on my back porch. I think my new gloves are good down to 12. My hands were pretty damned cold when I got in.

It was so cold that my camera turned off before I got out of my neighborhood haha. I am going to try to take more video at lunch today.

Watch out for the ice out there. I hit a nice patch under I-25 on Belleview that had me sideways for about 10 feet. I really though I was gonna tuck the front and slide into work. Good thing I have mad skillz.

DevilsTonic
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:10 AM
you're nuts Dana. Glad you're ok.

No fookin way i would ride in this.

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
LOL,
You Sir, are insane.

A girl in the elevator just asked me if I road my bike in.
I thought she was joking but she was actually serious.
I did roll the corvette though. The heater actually works in it as opposed to the jeep.

Devaclis
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I was warm everywhere but the tips of my fingers. Next time I am going to use the hand warmer packets on my wrists. It is supposed to help a LOT.

haha I had to take the sidewalk to get out of my neighborhood this morning but it was trash day. Everyone had their cans on the sidewalk so I took a couple of yards too. I left some nice deep tire marks I am going to have to go back and apologize for.

Devaclis
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM
LOL,
You Sir, are insane.

I did roll the corvette though. The heater actually works in it as opposed to the jeep.

Shoot just a hole in the firewall would keep yo warm in the vette. Nice big motor :) Do you have weight in the back or is it doing pretty well without it?

VFR
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
LOL,
You Sir, are insane.

Don't get me started on the Jeep air/heat issue....I found a fix though that I will try next month.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Want to ride today so bad..........

New tires are coming soon I think.

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Shoot just a hole in the firewall would keep yo warm in the vette. Nice big motor :) Do you have weight in the back or is it doing pretty well without it?

A hole in the firewall describes the jeep's heating pretty well.
The vette does ok on anything that isn't iced over.
Haven't added any weight, but I should.

dm_gsxr
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Bah. I'm just getting over a cold. I _almost_ rode in yesterday and today but wanted to let the cold die out first.

Carl

VFR
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
A hole in the firewall describes the jeep's heating pretty well.
The vette does ok on anything that isn't iced over.
Haven't added any weight, but I should.

Are you getting the heat on the driver side and not the passenger side?

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Are you getting the heat on the driver side and not the passenger side?

Main problem is the duct for the defroster has desintegrated as well as the deflector for heat/defrost broke.
Also there's all kinds of leaves and crap in the blower box.
I just need to get up in there and clean everything out and replace the ductwork.

There's a cheap add on for the outlet that directs the heat to the driver and passanger bays
instead of blowing in down on the gear shift that I might get also.
http://theusedjeep.com/ebay/images/198.jpeg

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I was this close >< to riding in this morning, but I have to work on the wife's car today.

IMHO, a nice hibachi on the passenger floorboard is a great way to heat a CJ5. Adds a nice romantic ambiance, as well.

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 11:01 AM
^^^ LOL, maybe some scented candles too?

Spiderman
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I miss my bike... poor thing is locked up in storage with no battery tender. :cry:

Sortarican
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I miss my bike... poor thing is locked up in storage with no battery tender. :cry:

I might have a spare battery tender if you want to borrow it for the winter.
Or just pull it out of the bike and store it indoors. That alone will add a seasons life to it.

Spiderman
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I have 2 battery tenders, just nowhere to plug it in... That's a good idea, but it's gonna hafta wait until I get back from my xmas trip, and by then I should have a home for it in a garage nearby (as opposed to my storage unit in Parker!). 8)

VFR
Thu Dec 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Main problem is the duct for the defroster has desintegrated as well as the deflector for heat/defrost broke.
Also there's all kinds of leaves and crap in the blower box.
I just need to get up in there and clean everything out and replace the ductwork.

There's a cheap add on for the outlet that directs the heat to the driver and passanger bays
instead of blowing in down on the gear shift that I might get also.
http://theusedjeep.com/ebay/images/198.jpeg

They also make this www.heatertreater.net (http://www.heatertreater.net) specifically for Jeeps due to the history of the actuator breaking

http://www.heatertreater.net/Grand%20CG%20dual%20motors.html