PDA

View Full Version : Modern Liberals - please leave

jbnwc
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Question-

If Modern Liberals hate what America stands for and wishes harm upon her, why don't they just move to Palestine and join the PLO??

I sent this joke(below) to a colleague who is a Modern Liberal and her response was that the Democrat in the joke had very valid questions and that the Republican response was "typical of Republicans who don't use their brain."

That response makes me realize that Modern Liberals in general are not capable of rational thought and are clouded by their lack of knowledge of right and wrong, among other things.

This particular colleague often talks of her love for all things European and Arabic and regularly bashes America, 'ignorant Americans', etc. etc. Have any of you encountered these ML thinkers? What do you think of them and their ideas?

Here is something I found on youtube about ML's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Redneck?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.

Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges at you.

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 in .45ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

.................................................. .........

THINK CAREFULLY AND THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat's Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that wou ld inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my
family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing!
I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.

.................................................. ...............
Republican's Answer:

BANG!

.................................................. ..........
Redneck's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click

"Honey, go back to the truck and bring me some more ammo, willya? It's next to the beer cooler behind the seat."

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?! '

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the taxidermist!'

puckstr
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Modern Liberals = oxymoron

salsashark
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:53 AM
festive thread for a Friday morning...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SLbu4a-UUnI/AAAAAAAAAkA/foXHU0yTW9E/popcorn5pr.jpg

jbnwc
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
festive thread for a Friday morning...

Yeah - I'm not overcoming the Christmas stress very productively.

puckstr
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:59 AM
You can actually Feel the Holiday Cheer

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:05 AM
WTF is a "Modern Liberal".

It's a stupid joke.

But here's an answer that will trip your Christian Conservative view point, when you read my answer. Now mind you, this coming from a self proclaimed independant thinker who is more of a Progressive than anything else.

Are you ready for it?

Ready...

Do I still have your Attention?

Good...

Here it is...

Republican.

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
^^Moot point. There no guns in canadia, just mounties with clubs & polar bear whistles.

Filo
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
C'mon, its Christmas (or Hanukkah, for the few Jews here). Can't you just STFU with the stupid political BS? I would rather hear about your most recent masturbation episode. I mean, really.

Oh, and it is a pretty dumb joke - old too - although I have always liked the redneck addendum.

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:16 AM
^^Moot point. There no guns in canadia, just mounties with clubs & polar bear whistles.

:lol:

What are you saying bud-eh :canuck:

puckstr
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Christian Scientists...ha ha ha another one

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:22 AM
:lol:

What are you saying bud-eh :canuck:
I'm not your bud-eh, guy!

King Nothing
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Here's the dumbest phrase of all...... Canuck

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I'm not your bud-eh, guy!

I'm not your guy, friend :canuck:

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm not your guy, friend :canuck:
I'm not your friend, pal :canuck:

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Here's the dumbest phrase of all...... Canuck

I concour.

Just make sure that tomorrow you bring my remote and that hottie wife of yours and I will make sure Blanket wears a nice, tight Dress for you.
Deal? ;)

jbnwc
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Filo -

The topic isn't meant to be political even if the joke mentions 'Democrat' and 'Republican'. The thought process difference represented by the two is what I'm trying to highlight.

The thing that is truly funny is my co-worker and the fact that she loves Palestine and hates Israel and the US, yet countries like the US are the only places where she is allowed to think like she does. She wants to go live in Palestine and fight the Israelis, and yet her ideas would never fly in a muslim nation.

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I was thinking about this some more and I have one burning question.
Who carries a 1911. Honestly.

Most people would prefer to carry a more practical compact/sub compact variety from Glock, HK, Taurus, and Para Ordnance.

All from really 'Liberal' countries, BTW. :lol:

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I concour.

Just make sure that tomorrow you bring my remote and that hottie wife of yours and I will make sure Blanket wears a nice, tight Dress for you.
Deal? ;)
I'm gonna bring popcorn to watch the show :D

Canuck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm gonna bring popcorn to watch the show :D

You bring that cutie girl friend of yours and we'll be just fine. :lol: the more the merrier.

I'll make sure to have Glenn Beck on the 50" plasma. You know, to set the mood.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 11:13 AM
You bring that cutie girl friend of yours and we'll be just fine. :lol: the more the merrier.

:pointlaugh:
Now that's funny shit right there ------- I don't care who ya are.

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Ha! the girls can all make out while we put our helmets back on & 'tard ourselves around the room looking for our baseball :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
....guess I'm a redneck then......:)

Hey, I LIKE 1911's. Time-tested and proven in battle to stop 'em every time, first time. If I got a handgun, it'd be a .45, of at least 6" barrel length. I have big hands, and like the way they fit. I did enjoy shooting the Glock 9mm, but I wouldn't consider a 9mm for self-defense as I do not believe in it's stopping power at all (as my cop friends would attest to). And yes, I know about "grouping" thing, and I'm a pretty good shot myself, but it's one thing shooting at a stationary target and quite another shooting someone zig-zagging towards you while you're trying to zig-zag to avoid getting shot by THEM. I want all the stopping power I can get. Explosive bullets would be just fine for me. I think one of those Desert Eagle .50 cal magnums should do the trick too! A guy a few stalls down at a shootin range about 9 years ago when I was in Cleveland had one. That thing sounded like a Howitzer, and the muzzle flash and concussion was amazing! Hell, if nothing else, THAT'D scare the bad guy away.

Speaking of amazing firepower, I have a fired 30mm aircraft cannon shell on my desk a buddy from the Navy gave me years back when we worked out at the missile firing ranges at NWC. You want to talk about the mother of all firearms......makes a 20mm look tiny.:shocked:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Filo -

The topic isn't meant to be political even if the joke mentions 'Democrat' and 'Republican'. The thought process difference represented by the two is what I'm trying to highlight.

The thing that is truly funny is my co-worker and the fact that she loves Palestine and hates Israel and the US, yet countries like the US are the only places where she is allowed to think like she does. She wants to go live in Palestine and fight the Israelis, and yet her ideas would never fly in a muslim nation.
If she loves palestine and hates the US, that dumb bitch should STFU and go live there. Immediately.

jbnwc
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
If she loves palestine and hates the US, that dumb bitch should STFU and go live there. Immediately.

-agreed. What I find is crazy is that she is a pretty intelligent person but still cannot put it together that her ideas and her thought processes are not allowed in Muslim areas like Palestine.

Snowman
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
So does she hate individual Americans or the whole idea of what American stands for? You can hate one and not the other and it be within the ideals of freedom of thought and speech.

I don't know about you but I have a real problem with Americans who have monkeys on motorcycles in there profile picture, but that just me.

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Randall is the anti-frank.

when you two meet, does the hatred you two produce power the Enterprise?

Matty
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM

i just realized i took your avatar picture.. ok, that's all.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:18 PM

Actually, we got on quite well.:)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM

CSC members put up with you C_M ...... just cuz. :D

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Actually, we got it on quite well.:)
fixed :D

Snowman
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, the time space continuum maintained its integrity.

That and forwent discussing politics.

Mental
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Actually I am a redneck, and before I scrolled down, my answer was pistol whip. I mean, ever seen those guys? They're scrawny. Thats why they have bombs strapped to them, in person, they are tiny little peaple. Thats also why they all fight like the chicken shits they are.

Actually I'd muster up my best redneck "Dumb ass, brought a knife to a gun fight." Show him the fo-five, then as he stood there, mouth agape, I'd pistol whip him.

It would probably sound like this; "Yay, stoopid! Yer dummahs dun brought a damm nahef to a fuhken gun fayeet."

Kill him? Oh no. Just really break his knee really well, so he walks funny. Make sure his ass goes to jail, then find the head of the nastiest gang in that prison, actually, a few of them, send them cigarretes and send their mothers food in order to ensure Achmed, the worst dummest terrorist, finds out what his 72 virgins are gonna feel. Then he really starts walking funny.

Seriously, I know enough about guns to know that I shouldn't carry one (and before you start, yes I DO support CCW, I just don't pratice enough to not be dangerous) but I do know that 45 ammo is (realitvely) pricey, and I'll be dammed if I am gonna wastse pefectly good ammo on a guy that doen't believe in toliet paper. Those three clips would be better suited to beer cans in the woods.

DavidofColorado
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 12:29 AM
A redneck with a Kimber? I thought we were all suppose to be poor right wingers. Like the super rich left wingers looking out for poor people.

MAZIN
Sat Dec 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I was thinking about this some more and I have one burning question.
Who carries a 1911. Honestly.

Most people would prefer to carry a more practical compact/sub compact variety from Glock, HK, Taurus, and Para Ordnance.

All from really 'Liberal' countries, BTW. :lol:

I carry a Kimber Crimson Trace 1911, very compact with 7rds of 230 gr .45. my back-up is a glock 39.