PDA

View Full Version : Famous last words...

dapper
Sun Dec 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM
"what are you going to do, arrest me?" (http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=106272)

I've dared others before. Ralph can concur to this too. (Iceman)

I do believe our (?) court/justice system is wacked. A petty offense is a bit severe, but a felony? For a tasty treat?

Someone needs to get off the cross...we have a sheriff's criminal division to hang on it.:twisted:

chad23
Sun Dec 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
what a waste of time and tax payer money

bulldog
Sun Dec 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM
"what are you going to do, arrest me?" (http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=106341&catid=337)

I've dared others before. Ralph can concur to this too. (Iceman)

I do believe our (?) court/justice system is wacked. A petty offense is a bit severe, but a felony? For a tasty treat?

Someone needs to get off the cross...we have a sheriff's criminal division to hang on it.:twisted: Damn page not found :banghead:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
He was ordered not to do something, he SHOULD be arrested. If any of us did something like that, we'd be arrested, you can count on that. There are good reasons for that. He could have put something in there to pick his lock for the inmate to later vomit up, or it could have had drugs in it. They have ruiles regarding giving inmates unchecked stuff for a very good reason. Oh, and can you tell I hate lawyers?:)

Sortarican
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
... There are good reasons for that. He could have put something in there to pick his lock for the inmate to later vomit up, or it could have had drugs in it...

That's what they're saying.
Though I have a feeling it was as much to punish the lawyer for ignoring them as it was for actually posing any risk.

I had a cop try to tell me I couldn't talk with a defendant prior to a hearing.
(We were both there for the same incident and my case had just been dismissed.)
I told him I could talk with anyone I liked as neither of us were under arrest and court was not in session.
He grabbed me by the arm and started hauling me out of the courthouse going "Come on! Come on!" to which I replied "Ya Vol!" (SP? German).

Once outside he threaten to arrest me under racial intimidation laws. :crazy:
(He claimed since he was bald and I used a german phrase I was calling him a Nazi.)

I couldn't help laughing (which really pissed him off) and he grabs me again just as my lawyer walked out.
Told my lawyer what was going on and he laid into the cop about having no right to remove me, unlawful detention, false charges, etc.

Moral of the story, people in a position of power do not like it when you show contempt for them, even if they're wrong.
And God help you if they're right.

Snowman
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I thought all Nazi's where tall blond and blue eyed, except of course the short black headed one with the mistake for a mustache.

rybo
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Other famous last words:

"Watch this!"

or

"You know what we should do? Build a jump!"

or

"Scooter race? That's a GREAT idea!"

Pharmgirl
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
or "sure, you can borrow my R6"

BigE
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Other famous last words:

"Watch this!"

And "One more time!" are the most famous last words I'm familiar with. :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Here --- hold my beer ....................................... :D

Scribbler
Fri Dec 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Checked these with numerous sites for reference...

That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.
~~ Lou Costello, comedian, d. March 3, 1959

Pardonnez-moi, monsieur
Marie Antoinette, after stepping on her executioners foot.

Kennedy, John Fitzgerald (1917-1963)
"If someone is going to kill me, they will kill me."
(On arrival at Dallas)

Jim_Vess
Fri Dec 26th, 2008, 10:20 PM
"I saw this trick in a cartoon. I think I can do it."

dapper
Sat Dec 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
"We can continue the conversation and split a bottle of wine at my place."