PDA

View Full Version : Central road report

Devaclis
Sun Dec 28th, 2008, 02:23 PM
If you can get out to Bear Creek Canyon from Morrison to Evergreen, DO IT! It looks like they ran a street sweeper all the way up. It was smooth, dry, and I was able to use the entire lane. Evergreen parkway is boring but clear. Squaw pass was fine for about a mile then it turned to garbage. Snow, ice and gravel. I turned around and went back to evergreen and took HWY 73 all the way down.

73 was pretty dirty and wet in almost all of the shaded corners. There were clear tire lanes but I had to focus a LOT to stay in them as they crossed the yellow line in the corners.

From there I took Deer creek all the way down to 470. It was a little dirty but you could manage some pretty good speeds without puckering up.

LOTS of deer everywhere. All were in the fields or up on the hills but they were there. Be careful out there.

Get out and ride, it is really nice out there right now :)

peteremsley
Sun Dec 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Thats amazing that Bear creek was clean!

I took the bike out for an Italian tune up, but didn't venture into the hills. Sounds like I should have :( Either way, it was nice to be out :)

asp_125
Sun Dec 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Damn, I shoulda made it down further than Boulder. Ah well, tomorrow is supposed to be even better! I might have to take the bike to work.

FZRguy
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I made it all of 33 miles around 4 p.m. Sun really sucked til it dipped behind the foot hills. Cruised thru Highlands Ranch and Chatfield State Park.