PDA

View Full Version : Valve shims

slayermd
Sun Dec 28th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get some valve shims? And which places exchange shims?

FZRguy
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 12:16 AM
For your FZR…what sizes do you need? Drop by Mark’s Motorcycle Repair and he may swap you or sell you some used ones. He’s at Brady and Hampden, phone is 303-761-3273. You can order new ones at 20% over cost (as well as all OEM parts) at Flat Out: http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/

JOE!!!!!!
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 11:05 AM
Wow, just went to Flatout's site and those are the best OEM parts prices I've seen yet. Thanks.

dattaway
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 11:24 AM
I once made hundreds of them by turning grade-8 bolt stock on a lathe, cutting them, and running them through a surface grinder. Not sure why the dealer likes to charge over $10 each for tiny buttons.

slayermd
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
I once made hundreds of them by turning grade-8 bolt stock on a lathe, cutting them, and running them through a surface grinder. Not sure why the dealer likes to charge over $10 each for tiny buttons.

You have anymore? I really done understand why these are so expensive. :banghead:

FZRguy
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Wow, just went to Flatout's site and those are the best OEM parts prices I've seen yet. Thanks.

Yeah, I'd be hosed without them. Suzuki too at 20% over cost.

The_Jackel
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 06:22 PM

As we have said before, we can usually beat any price on the internet or locally. offer drop shipping or local pick up. -Jackel Motorsports

FZRguy
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
So you're saying you can sell us Yamaha and Suzuki OEM parts at 20% over dealer cost?

The_Jackel
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
That would be correct. Customer calls in and tells us about a advertised price that they can get a part for, and if it is in fact legit we will match or beat that price.