PDA

View Full Version : Guy in a Camaro gets 2 weeks house arrest, 4 days in jail, $1k fine, etc. Duh.

MetaLord 9
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
So if you've stopped traffic on an interstate, raced, then run a police blockade at 123 mph in your Camaro, how many stoplights do you run before you realize that you're five kinds of fucked & that you should pull over? Looks like three was this guy's magic number...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/12/29/linn.html?sid=101

I-71 racer gets brief jail term, fine, other punishments

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
DELAWARE, Ohio -- A Westerville man who eluded police after street racing along I-71 last summer will be driving only to work for the next three years.
A judge today sentenced Jonathan Linn, 26, to serve three years of community control, similar to probation, and suspended his license with work privileges.
Linn also will serve four days in the Delaware County jail, spend two weeks under house arrest, perform 200 hours of community service and pay a $1,000 fine.
Linn pleaded guilty in November to one count of failure to comply with an order or signal of a police officer.
"I take full responsibility for my actions, and I know what I did was incredibly stupid," Linn told Common Pleas Judge Everett H. Krueger this morning.
Prosecutors have said that on July 12, Linn joined 15 to 20 other drivers in stopping traffic on I-71 near Polaris and then racing north at more than 100 mph.
Most of the racers got off I-71 at the Rt. 36/Rt. 37 exit. The largest group headed east to Sunbury and then south on Rt. 3, where troopers blocked the road near Galena.
Police say Linn eluded a road block on Rt. 3 near Galena while racing past a state trooper who clocked Linn's Camaro at 123 mph.
Linn sped through three stoplights before pulling over his car and surrendering.

puckstr
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
wow a whole 123 MPH in a Camaro
What a testament to GM speed :jerkoff:

McVaaahhh
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Haha, Dumbass

Snowman
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
So I take it he was the slowest of the bunch…

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Every last one of those motherfuckers should be beaten bloody, then had the cars confiscated and auctioned off, and then done a year in jail, then had their license totally revoked for the next 3. They need to be made FELONS. When I lived in OH, I can't tell you how many times this stupid shit led to innicent people dying. Fuck these idiots.

puckstr
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Every last one of those motherfuckers should be beaten bloody, then had the cars confiscated and auctioned off, and then done a year in jail, then had their license totally revoked for the next 3. They need to be made FELONS. When I lived in OH, I can't tell you how many times this stupid shit led to innicent people dying. Fuck these idiots.

Damn Frank. :shocked: I am just glad I got away, the time I eluded the fuzz in my Dad's Pick-up.

Mental
Mon Dec 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM

I honestly agree. Pull that crap on a bike, and you would be court ordered to sell it. You would probably be convicted as a felon and certianly would do at least 30 days. But a speeding motorcycle is far less dangerous than a friggin 2,000 Trans-maro.

Driving to work, are you kidding? Walk, bicycle, hitch, or grab a bus.