PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan Fired

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Just saw on TV that Shanahan has been fired.

Dirk

Devaclis
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
He will go to Detroit and give them an 0 - 23 season. Sucks to see him go but he has not been doing a great job these past 3 years.

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Details at the channel 7 site:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18384254/detail.html#-

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:47 PM
:shock:

Crazy...

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Bout time! :lol:

puckstr
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I hate baseball

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Man, N_N will probably soil himself over this news!

That'd suck if he went to Cleveland.....and they started kicking OUR ass for a change!

Ceez
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Doesnt Oakland need a head coach?!?

~Barn~
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Fuck. And I just bought Mike Shanahan Football for the Wii.
:banghead:

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:21 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/yourefired.jpg

Sortarican
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM

That's nothing.
They just started construction on Shanahans Steak House right next to our building.
Should I go out and tell them to hold off?:dunno:

stimacsays
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Doesnt Oakland need a head coach?!?
Davis still needs to pay him $ from the last time he was head coach there.

Slacker
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
3 years late

GO AVS!!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Best news ever! :up:

chad23
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I hate baseball
wrong sport stupid he coaches soccer...... jeez get it right

bs_nate
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard!!! Oh guess what just heard we let go champ too!!! WTF are we thinking getting rid of two of our greatest assets??? well I hope cower will do an ok job cuz word is he is going to be the replacement. :banghead:

swademaster
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 06:30 PM
:yay:

Matty
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 06:58 PM
is that what they're building...

That's nothing.
They just started construction on Shanahans Steak House right next to our building.

Gainer
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
It is too bad to see him go, but that gives me some hope for my Lions and their coaching search. I am not sure if the Lions are smart enough to hire him or if he is even stupid enough to take the job. I can only hope.
http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/cat/lions_logo_small.gif

Captain Obvious
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Gotta say, I don't get it. Sure couple bad seasons, but the grass isn't always greener.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Master Mind Mike Shanahan is a control freak. Coach and GM don't mix in todays professional football schema. The king of X's & O's tapes all the team meetings for no other reason than to be able to satisfy his own egotistical paranoia. Al Davis had it right when he didn't pay the goof. As far as Champ Bailey --- can his sorry ass too. That so-called shut-down corner-back didn't produce shit for the past three or four years ---- how he made it to the Pro Bowl is beyond me. Bottom line --- Shanahan couldn't make anything happen without Elway. Good riddance -- don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

bs_nate
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Master Mind Mike Shanahan is a control freak. Coach and GM don't mix in todays professional football schema. The king of X's & O's tapes all the team meetings for no other reason than to be able to satisfy his own egotistical paranoia. Al Davis had it right when he didn't pay the goof. As far as Champ Bailey --- can his sorry ass too. That so-called shut-down corner-back didn't produce shit for the past three or four years ---- how he made it to the Pro Bowl is beyond me. Bottom line --- Shanahan couldn't make anything happen without Elway. Good riddance -- don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

You mean the "shut down corner that didn't produce shit" that lead the league in INTs a few seasons ago??? That when he is playing no QB is dumb enough to throw to his side??? The Corner that even got a sack just 2 games ago while still not 100%??? How that is not producing I have no clue!!! And shanahan the guy had 17 players on IR wtf do you want him to do?? He was playing with back ups and rookies and still almost led us to the playoffs. I do agree we needed more management and our defense was pitiful this year to say the least. But I think it was a poor choice and we will see this as soon as he gets a new job in the next week.

bs_nate
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
And it looks like they were just discussing cutting champ. I guess one of the news channels jumped the gun and projected it wrong.. I hope he stays on the team!! AS long as he can stay healthy he is the best corner in the league.

derekm
Tue Dec 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
That's nothing.
hope is STEVE Shanahan's.....

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 07:57 AM
You mean the "shut down corner that didn't produce shit" that lead the league in INTs a few seasons ago??? That when he is playing no QB is dumb enough to throw to his side??? The Corner that even got a sack just 2 games ago while still not 100%??? How that is not producing I have no clue!!! And shanahan the guy had 17 players on IR wtf do you want him to do?? He was playing with back ups and rookies and still almost led us to the playoffs. I do agree we needed more management and our defense was pitiful this year to say the least. But I think it was a poor choice and we will see this as soon as he gets a new job in the next week.

Pull for Champ and Shenanigans ------ one is outta Denver and the other is just a matter of time. BTW --- one play doesn't a carrier make and Champs best plays are behind him.

Captain Obvious
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:20 AM
Yep, it is tough to have a balanced offence when your 6th? and starting running back was recruited at the mall selling cell phones.

ihavealegohead
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
That's nothing.

Throw a football down there and see if anyone knows what to do with it!

Snowman
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Doesn’t he have something to do with the Broncos?
I hate rodeo…

IT WASN'T ME!
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Shanahan has been riding the "excuse express" for years now. He had a lot of injuries, boo-hoo! Even with the injuries he had more tallent on the field than Miami. The difference? Coaching. Most of the injuries are probably a result of poor preparation anyway.

Cat118!
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I just heard He is going to Dallas for 2010