PDA

View Full Version : Santa was late.... better late than never ;)

Slo
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:32 AM
Got rid of the EVO IX and picked up the X last night.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9449/xfrii8.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7268/xrearqa1.jpg

Can't wait to get it out to PMP and HPR.....

So far, it's hard to tell how the new car is, since I had so much invested into the suspension of the IX, it is an unfair comparison. But it does feel very Slo and heavy, lots of body roll....

But it's always nice to be in a new unmolested car again.....for now.

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Niiice! sharp look'n

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:45 AM
You sucka mutha fucka! :lol: Congrats on the new car! I love the new style of the X.

Sortarican
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:56 AM
Shweeeet!

Snowman
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 08:57 AM
How many hernias did that give Santa’s reindeers?

ghostrider_9
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:00 AM
I got to ride in it this morning . . . sweet ride!

dirkterrell
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM
That's a mean looking ride. I like it!

Dirk

t_jolt
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:47 AM
congrates, lets just hope that 4b11 motor is as great of a power house that the 4g63 motor was.

How does the torque curve feel in that beast?

Tyrel

ChrisCBX
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:53 AM
Your garage looks like speeding tickets just waiting to happen. I like it.:)

Slo
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:11 AM
congrates, lets just hope that 4b11 motor is as great of a power house that the 4g63 motor was.

How does the torque curve feel in that beast?

Tyrel

Honestly, the car feels pretty weak, however I have been running with a full turbo back on my IX so it hit boost much sooner/quicker, actually feeling more violent. This car feels more refined both with power delivery and interior feel. Suspension is surprisingly soft but that might be due to being used to a car with just about 0 body roll for more than two years, had Tanabe springs, sways, and all 3 under heavy duty under carriages installed within a short time after buying the car.

I really won't know a comparison between the two until I can get it to PMP and I also need to throw a TB system on it.....then a tune.

Your garage looks like speeding tickets just waiting to happen. I like it.:)

Yeah luckily I drive and ride just like my name!!!!! Seriously, I get buses passing me in the streets....

Slo
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM
That's a mean looking ride. I like it!

Dirk

I think it looks better than the IX, much bigger feel to it to when sitting inside.

Ceez
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
NICE...congrats...man..you and your toys...im jealous bro. Gotta take me out for a ride.

~Barn~
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Ten FTW.

Nice pick-up, Jay. :yes:

Slo
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:35 AM
NICE...congrats...man..you and your toys...im jealous bro. Gotta take me out for a ride.

Yeah man, no problem, you can drive it if you want, just don't get crazy with it.....

Ten FTW.

Nice pick-up, Jay. :yes:

Haha, thanks....... we will see what this car does over time.

t_jolt
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thats awesome, i would love to give a good look over, something about the sales people when i tried to give one a "real" test drive. so i couldnt really get the feel of it

Matty
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:57 AM
aight let's go have some fun!!! your new Evo and my new STi.

ZX Rider
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 11:03 AM
What a great car.
Congrats Jay!
You gotta let me drive it one day.

MAZIN
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 11:25 AM
2sweet man, love the look!

Timmay
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Congrats Jay, that a good looin ride.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Nice. I got to drive one a few months back, it was the cool burnt orange color. For me, I've come to the conclusion, having owned a '92 Talon AWD turbo and driving that, that I really don't like turbo cars. I don't like the lag, and the unpredictability. I think that'd be a GREAT car to convert to a positive-displacement, variable-drive blower though!:)

Congrats on the new ride!

RedwidowR1
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Nice Ride Jay!!!! Enjoy!!

Devaclis
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM
J, why so slow?

Nice ride. I LOVE the Top Gear comparo between that and the new STi :)

Matty
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 02:44 PM
J, why so slow?

Nice ride. I LOVE the Top Gear comparo between that and the new STi :)
My car was faster around the track!!!! LOL.

Slo
Thu Jan 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
aight let's go have some fun!!! your new Evo and my new STi.

If your game at the track its all good, thats the only fun my car will see, had significant track time in my last evo. Autocrossed in previous cars including my old sti ;)
Sti has the power but not the handling with all the severe understeer.
I drive pretty decent ct the track ;)

Matty
Thu Jan 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
If your game at the track its all good, thats the only fun my car will see, had significant track time in my last evo. Autocrossed in previous cars including my old sti ;)
Sti has the power but not the handling with all the severe understeer.
I drive pretty decent ct the track ;)
i'd be down.. never been to the track on 4 wheels. I saw Corey's new toy last night as well.

Slo
Thu Jan 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM
i'd be down.. never been to the track on 4 wheels. I saw Corey's new toy last night as well.
Yea that blue is a really nice color

pauliep
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
sweet Jay~ post more pics!

HR636
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evo's are for gay people and Asians.

Gregger
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm in!

<----08 STI

King Nothing
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
^
Subaru nutswinger

Cat118!
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM

WHOOOOAA!!!
Don't be hating on the Asians!!!:slap:

Slo
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 02:55 PM
WHOOOOAA!!!
Don't be hating on the Asians!!!:slap:
+1, us yellow people need luv too!!!!

Slo
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Well damn, guess I'm lucky to be Asian, gotta give the heads up to non-Asians that they take it in the pooper haha.

Ceez
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 03:05 PM

I am not asian and I couldnt afford an evo when I got out of..."camp". But in "camp" its not gay until the balls touch. :slappers:

mastap07
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
nice new ride jay! definately jealous like the others and i think its time to show matty what a real car can do!!!!

Matty
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
nice new ride jay! definately jealous like the others and i think its time to show matty what a real car can do!!!!
My car us faster than the EVO on the track!!!!

Slo
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
My car us faster than the EVO on the track!!!!
Haha hope you drive better than you can spell. All in good fun anyway, what track you plan on going to matty? I know topgear wasnt the only comparison you saw right? ;) I think it will be close enough with stock cars to come down to the driver anyway.

guessinthe2000
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Sick mang! Let me know and I can do tint for it or clear bra to prevent from rock chips in this Colorado weather

bulldog
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I am so jealous :drool:

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Haha hope you drive better than you can spell. All in good fun anyway,
Hahaha... Whoops!

But on the real.... as you already know, the two cars are virtually identical. Either you're a Subi lover or a Mitsu (blah) lover. lol.

Don't know if it'll be visiting the track anytime soon. 4 car tires are far more expensive than 2 motorcycle tires.

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Don't know if it'll be visiting the track anytime soon. 4 car tires are far more expensive than 2 motorcycle tires.

Yeah tell me about it haha!!!! I go through a new set of tires from morning until around 2pm. And brakes, every two times you go there, they gotta be changed.....

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah tell me about it haha!!!! I go through a new set of tires from morning until around 2pm. And brakes, every two times you go there, they gotta be changed.....
well once the snow clears if you ever want to take a nice brisk cruise through the local canyons let me know.

Canuck
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:24 AM
well once the snow clears if you ever want to take a nice brisk cruise through the local canyons let me know.

Why not with the snow ;)

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Why not with the snow ;)
don't think Jay has winter tires yet. but ya i'm down for some snow driving.

mastap07
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM
yah mitsu has a lot more potential...

and its not like you have to pay for um matty so what do you gotta lose?!?!?! o wait that pride thing... :shock:

Hahaha... Whoops!

But on the real.... as you already know, the two cars are virtually identical. Either you're a Subi lover or a Mitsu (blah) lover. lol.

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM
and its not like you have to pay for um matty so what do you gotta lose?!?!?! o wait that pride thing... :shock:
HUH???

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I bought some cheap all season tires just to get me through the winter, but damn, can't wait for the warmer weather. If I head to the mountains, it will be just my own car, if a group, it'll be just a cruise. I am not taking anyone else out, let alone, letting someone else take me out. The X is actually slower than the IX, and I take it as the new STI is also a bit slower than the previous generations.....

I have owned both the STI and EVO so I guess I like both of them. I was actually going to get an STI for the hatchback since I have Dinky, but the trade in on my old car was better at a Mitsu dealer.

Each car has it's advantages/disadvantages and they are already widely known so no need to get too far into them. STI transmission is much stronger for drag racing, also the stock clutch is much easier to work with for launching the car. Stock, the STI has a bit more power...

Either way, I have had a decent list of cars since 02' including:
02 S2000 custom turbo (Stage VI Motorsports-Florida)
04 STI
03 SVT Cobra (reinhart performance)
04 G35 coupe
06 EVO IX and now the X

Not one of these have outdone any other car 100%. Each one was good and bad in different ways.

See you guys on the road or some of you at the track....give a friendly wave but not while on the track ;)

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
If I head to the mountains, it will be just my own car, if a group, it'll be just a cruise. I am not taking anyone else out, let alone, letting someone else take me out.

Ya i'm not looking to wreck my baby either. we'll talk more in the next couple of months.

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Take off from work damnit and make it on thursday!!!!!

Spy007
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah i am still reading my manual....

damn they were not kiddin on that top gear episode on how big the manual was!

Spy007
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Here's mine btw...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7026/n77927391411989449893nf7.jpg

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Take off from work damnit and make it on thursday!!!!!
huh???

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM
huh???

The BW2 thread... you mentioned in the other thread that you had to work or something so you couldn't make it?

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
The BW2 thread... you mentioned in the other thread that you had to work or something so you couldn't make it?
ya there's a big ski/snowboard show going on the the Merchandise mart this week. And thursday might turn out to be a long night.

if we go again next week i'll be there.

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Cool, it's been a while since I seen you, I think since that one time at Brothers Barbeque, gotta check out your new ride....

Matty
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Cool, it's been a while since I seen you, I think since that one time at Brothers Barbeque, gotta check out your new ride....
likewise.

Sortarican
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Here's mine btw...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7026/n77927391411989449893nf7.jpg

Who's that weird homeless looking dude standing next to it?

~Barn~
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
He's working valet.

Slo
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Who's that weird homeless looking dude standing next to it?

He's working valet.

Bwahahaha, funny stuff.....

ghostrider_9
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
He is part of the security team . . . if you get near the cars he "takes care of things".

By "takes care of things", I mean he calls 911 and run inside of the building screaming like a girl. It's kind of like a high tech alarm . . .

Spy007
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 10:35 AM
He is part of the security team . . . if you get near the cars he "takes care of things".

By "takes care of things", I mean he calls 911 and run inside of the building screaming like a girl. It's kind of like a high tech alarm . . .

Loud as shit too!

Sortarican
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
He is part of the security team . . . if you get near the cars he "takes care of things".. . .

So you're working as a trunk monkey now Marc?

ghostrider_9
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
So you're working as a trunk monkey now Marc?

Work is work . . . that's all I'm saying . . .