PDA

View Full Version : Last whiny rant for the year

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:00 AM
Ok....we've seen the financial industry make bad business decisions, spend money like it was going out of style, generally lie and dupe everyone from their investors down to the general public, and we're left to bail them out to the tune of over $700B. We're seeing the auto industry reap the fruits of 60 frickin years of horrible business practices, bad decisions, and substandard products, along with deliberately supression of innovation, and they're about to be bailed out for another $25B or more. So that they can continue their obviously unworkable business model, minus fancy corporate jets :shocked:. Homeowners that failed to read the fine print on their ARMs are going to be allowed to "renegotiate" their loans at a fixed 3-4% so that they can afford to stay in houses that were horribly overvalued in the first place.

My question is this: What do those of us that made good decisions get, besides the bill for the bailout? Do I get to halve my mortgage rate, even though I have never made a late payment? Is Uncle Sam gonna write me a check to bail out my business, even though it's healthy and productive (I really would like a corporate jet, though)? I really gotta wonder about the message this sends to our youth: Be responsible, don't spend more than you make, pay your bills.....and you get to pay for the ones that fuck up?
:wtf:

/rant

Happy new year, one and all! May you be blessed with health and abundance in 2009! (and some wicked cool riding experiences!)

Sortarican
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Ok....My question is this: What do those of us that made good decisions get, besides the bill for the bailout?....

Hey, somebodys gotta take care of Vance's ex since he won't.

You make a good point Jim.
If you're a fuck-up this bailout will cover your ass.
If you're rich and avoided loosing too much, you can reap the benefits of bargain prices on
good real estate and stocks driven down by the rest of market.
But if you're somewhere in the middle, payed your bills but don't have venture capital to take advantage of the fire sales,
you're just left looking forward to a national debt that your great-grandchildren will still be paying off.

I have a little spare cash and a great credit rating so I'm looking at buying some vacant land (less tax overhead) and investing in some undervalued stocks.
But any profit I make probably won't even put a dent in my share of the tax burden for this whole mess.

dirkterrell
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:16 AM
I really gotta wonder about the message this sends to our youth: Be responsible, don't spend more than you make, pay your bills.....and you get to pay for the ones that fuck up?

That's pretty much how big government works. You know, when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody. :rolleyes: Get ready for a lot more spreading.

Dirk

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:19 AM
Hey, somebodys gotta take care of Vance's ex since he won't.

Nothing a little .....implant.....won't cure.... :sniper:

salsashark
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 09:59 AM
You mean living within your means, paying your bills and generally trying to take care of yourself instead of being a social leech?

Balderdash!

You wanna know where this is really leading?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:06 AM
That's pretty much how big government works. You know, when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody. :rolleyes: Get ready for a lot more spreading.

Dirk
Yeah, with Oh-Bama in, and his "redistribution" AKA "Reparations" soon to be in place, we should be prepared for a LOT more spreading allright. The "spreading" of the taxpayers buttcheeks!:shocked::hump:

Snowman
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:09 AM
And you don’t think you haven’t been spread far enough by the republicans pushing for deregulation?

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah, with Oh-Bama in, and his "redistribution" AKA "Reparations" soon to be in place, we should be prepared for a LOT more spreading allright. The "spreading" of the taxpayers buttcheeks!:shocked::hump:

http://ownedirl.com/ancient_wisdom/surprise_buttsecks.jpg

salsashark
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
...and back to the Dems vs the Reps... oh boy... woohoo... http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/724_noose_hanging.gif

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/uploads/forums/cripple-fight___.jpg

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm with you. This is infuriating! I have a credit rating in the high 700s and have plowed every available dime into 401Ks and 403Bs and now 40% of it is gone. I never went on expensive trips or bought expensive toys (except my 6 year old Lexus that I will drive until it drops) or was frivolous with my money and now? I'm almost wishing I hadn't been so responsible with my money as then I would have more to show for it instead of watching it vanish into thin air. The answer is always balance I guess.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 01:49 PM
I have more fun with what I have than a lot of people I know who have more. Why the hell are you planning on having fun 40 years from now? You may not be around. You are alive RIGHT NOW. Live like it.

My wife likes to make sure that we are set in case of any emergency, that we will have $$ in 40 years, and that we are safe from everything.

I like to think that if I enjoy myself now, do what I want now, and NOT worry about the future, I am very happy.

Some of us are the squirrel, some are the grasshopper.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Buy motorcycles on your student loans, ride them into the ground, and never graduate.
Live on your credit cards each summer for 15 years and max them out.
Go back to college when you are 40 and get your degree.
Get a kick ass job the same day that you file bankruptcy and basically tell the creditors to fuck off.
Hang for two years and enjoy your 700+ credit score!

*** (I have no idea who in their right mind would even think of doing such a fucked up thing??)

Devaclis
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 02:23 PM
THAT is how you become a Ninja :)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 02:25 PM
THAT is how you become a Ninja :)

Someone should write a book on the finer points. :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 03:42 PM
http://ownedirl.com/ancient_wisdom/surprise_buttsecks.jpg
:lol: