PDA

View Full Version : JUST A BIKER

caddygsxr
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
JUST A BIKER
But, You Didn't See Me

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.

But, you didn't see me, put an extra $10.
00 in the collection plate last
Sunday.

I saw you, pull your child closer when we passed each other on the
sidewalk.

But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you, change your mind about going into the restaurant.

But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the
hurricane relief.

I saw you, roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by..

But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when you flicked your
cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.

But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to
the
homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair.

But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of
Love.

I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.

But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to those
that had
none.

I saw you, look in fright at my tattoos.

But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have their name
written over and in my heart.

I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.

But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.

But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into
my lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.

But, you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind
me.

I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.

But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take
the next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.

But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the
car to
go on his date.

I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.

But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.

But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.

But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you, go home to your family. But, you didn't see me.

Because, I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.

But, you didn't see me.

Re-send this around in hopes that people will understand the biker
community.

If you don't re-send this, I hope you never loose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US,

RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE

AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS

TO BE SURE WE'RE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY -

LIVE TO RIDE . . .
RIDE TO LIVE

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Awesome!

madvlad
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
...... damn I'm all sad now lol

HR636
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Whoever wrote that needs to go cry themselves to sleep and learn how to ride.

Tipys
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
And I am sure your the reason no one sees us or if they do dont care cause were all ass holes like you

Bueller
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
And I am sure your the reason no one sees us or if they do dont care cause were all ass holes like you
:slap: Grow up

Tipys
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
^^^^^Ya I agree I just got baited by someone trying to start shit there were like 7 posts last night like that one.

kalibra
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
There should be an age limit for these chats......we don't need any "immature" comments like that here!...The poem was beautiful!

HR636
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
so just because someone has an opinion that doesn't follow what everyone else thinks it's immature? you can't count on other people to see you, that's the first thing you learn before you get on a motorcycle. a poem isn't going to change anything. better defensive riding skills would have saved the life of whomever the poem is about.

Repsol a095
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
This is so great. I am getting ready to teach poetry to my 7th graders, and I am going to totally use this. Thanks!!!

caddygsxr
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
hr636 have you ever got a phone call and one of your friends was in a bike wreck an now there never going to walk agian or got killed if not just shut the F*&k up
:321:

kalibra
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM
With age and/or maturity comes humility.Wet behind the years USUALLY = cockyness!It will not serve you well!Hope you never lose someone dear in a bike accident,but if you do...you will understand the value of your words better.

HR636
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
With age and/or maturity comes humility.Wet behind the years USUALLY = cockyness!It will not serve you well!Hope you never lose someone dear in a bike accident,but if you do...you will understand the value of your words better.

First of all, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SOMEBODY DYING ON A MOTORCYCLE AND ME NOT HAVING SYMPATHY FOR THEM. Sure, I lack a normal amount of compassion, but that's beside the point. Second, all this poem does is blame the driver of the car that hit the motorcycle and killed the rider. That's the wrong message to send, you can't blame everyone else for your mistakes. Skill, awareness, and defensive riding techniques will save your life no matter what. Almost everything is preventable from your side, even if it's the fault of someone else. Knowing that is the first step to staying alive on the streets.

Anything that can happen will happen. Slow down, look at least 12 seconds ahead, watch your peripheral vision, look both ways at intersections, know anything and everything that surrounds you and always have an exit plan. Last but not least, always expect the unexpected.

I really don't give a shit if you want to come on here telling me I'm some kid novice rider because the fact is I will out-ride just about any of you any day with any bike.

If you ever rode with me you'd know why I haven't been in any serious wrecks. I'm careful, I ride the speed limit, and I always watch my own back.

King Nothing
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 05:28 PM
If you ever rode with me you'd know why I haven't been in any serious wrecks. I'm careful, I ride the speed limit, and I always watch my own back.:roll: sure you do. :roll:

Tipys
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Second, all this poem does is blame the driver of the car that hit the motorcycle and killed the rider.

Which is the case in most wrecks that involue motorcycles and cars. If you dont know that and dont want to help get the message out to the drivers that these riders they dont look for have familys too and arent bad poeple.Then I dont believe you deserve to ride. I also dont wish anything bad on anyone but if it does happen to you and you get hit by a car that didnt see you I am not going to feel sorry one bit for you all I will say is you had what was coming to you.

Anything that can happen will happen. Slow down, look at least 12 seconds ahead, watch your peripheral vision, look both ways at intersections, know anything and everything that surrounds you and always have an exit plan. Last but not least, always expect the unexpected.[quote/]

Yes thats a very good idea you should do that anyway. But the thing is you cant control everyone or see everthing that can happen so why dont you try and help get the message accross to people that really dont look. or out to everybody for that matter and make it a safer place for everyone to ride.

[quote]
I really don't give a shit if you want to come on here telling me I'm some kid novice rider because the fact is I will out-ride just about any of you any day with with anybike.Oh man how people people have a heard say that before. Oh ya just so you know anyone and almost everyone can ride a wheelie.

kalibra
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 06:10 PM
You have just made my point again,and this is where I will rest my case.I believe that if you don't have anything constructive to say or you're not willing to help promote OUR message,then you need to shut the fuck up or get off this forum and go post some angry stupid comment on youtube (or the like) alng with the rest of your peers.We here are trying to be civil to each other and promote an atmosphere of safe riding ...versus throw mud at each other's comments(nothing positive can derive from that).It's great that you have an opinion but don't shit on someone else's while you expose yours.When you grow up you WILL understand( you don't necessarily have to be 30 or 40 or 50 to be grown up).....

Kole.S
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh man how people people have a heard say that before. Oh ya just so you know anyone and almost everyone can ride a wheelie.

lol.

puckstr
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
:cry:I still can't ride a wheelie:cry:

FOR REALS

Matty
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:12 PM
some of you katz need to relax. it's the INTERNET, who gives a shit???

anywayz, nice poem. however, this version or something close to is has been around for years.