PDA

View Full Version : BEST PS3 GAMES????

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
My bro just sent me a PS3 console, wireless controller, & Madden 2009 for x-mas!

I picked up Army of 2 over lunch... Any other recommendations???

I'm looking to diversify my collection... Not all shoot'm up, racing, etc. types.

t_jolt
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Fall out 3 has given me hours of entertainment now, along with metal gear solid 4, heavenly sword is a good one to borrow or rent. im going to go home and look at the ones i have

Mother Goose
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
MotoGP '08 and Little Big Planet. :D

King Nothing
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Well, there's only like 4 games in total for that $500 paperweight so your search will be short.

Toner
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
If you like first person shooter than Call of Duty 4 is the shit! Picked up COD 5 recently, but the weapons from WWII aren't nearly as exciting as todays. Call in the dogs?

zetaetatheta
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Blu-Ray

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
SOCOM: Confrontation

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/906076/socom-confrontation/videos/socom_ps3_051607.html

MotorStorm is fun too

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748488/motor-storm/videos/motorstorm_010407_04.html

Midget Hellion
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
Rainbow 6 Las Vegas 2 is a good amount of fun. I would highly recommend Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer alone makes it worthwhile. As usual, GTA is fun. DON'T waste your time with Gran Turismo Prologue. What a fuckin' joke that was.

Snowman
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Rock Band

Crisco
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
I have
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Socom : Confrontation
Devil May Cry

and a bunch of blu-rays

Canuck
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Well, there's only like 4 games in total for that $500 paperweight so your search will be short.

Jealousy is a bitch.

DavidofColorado
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Fall out 3 has given me hours of entertainment now, along with metal gear solid 4, heavenly sword is a good one to borrow or rent. im going to go home and look at the ones i have
+1 I think that MGS4 is worth a look. The last 3 games have been nothing less than entertaining. I haven't played it yet but its going to be the first game I get when I get a PS3.

In addition, if you like shoot em up with a level of role playing you could check out Mercs 2. I liked that game too.

Dietrich_R1
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
SWEEEEET! Just downloading the updates now & sign'n up to play online!

DavidofColorado
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
What are you playing?

derekm
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
gt prologue was hot... GARBAGE!
gta4 is fun, drunken effects! if you like fighter games I played Mortal Kombat vs DC universe, pretty fun. I'm trying to figure out another game to go rent...

MrMischief
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I own Rock Band 2, SingStar, and GTA IV. SingStar was to ask forgiveness from my wife for buying a PS3. She likes karaoke games and I think that it can not be beat. It's a great party game, although the songs are a bit poppy. Rock Band is just another fun drunk party game. GTA IV I get many many hours of enjoyment out of. I beat it not long ago, but when I started the game trophies were not available. Now that it's been updated, I'm playing it over again this time trying to achieve at least close to a 100% completion.
Here is my "To Buy" list: in no particular order
Gran Turismo 5 (NOT Prologue) with a release date of Christmas 2009 I don't know if I can hold out that long, I might pick up a used version of Prologue to hold me over.
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Battlefield: Bad Company
Call of Duty 4
Civilization Revolution

HR636
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Maybe it's just me, but all the suggestions thus far are exceptionally gay, including the original poster.

Dietrich_R1
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's just me, but all the suggestions thus far are exceptionally gay, including the original poster.

What would you recommend then?

HR636
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 05:05 PM
What would you recommend then?

An XBOX 360 Elite.

King Nothing
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM
What would you recommend then?Ignore the retard. He's been set to "Asshole" for a few days now.

Dietrich_R1
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Ignore the retard. He's been set to "Asshole" for a few days now.

Yeah, We all know he just wanted in on this "Gay little thread". :slappers:

Now the Big Question: How do I ship my movies from my MAC over to the PS3????? Yes, I know Windows Media Player does it, but I just don't want to turn that computer on... :boobies:

I just moved my desk/office out into my LR & all my daughters toys into the 3rd BR! It might not look right, but it sure does feel right!!!

dirkterrell
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Now the Big Question: How do I ship my movies from my MAC over to the PS3?????

One of these should do the trick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_UPnP_AV_MediaServers

Dirk

DavidofColorado
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:31 PM
You watch "those" movies in the living room? ewww.

ETA: I think that MGS4 will settle all sexuality questions.

guessinthe2000
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
If you like first person shooter than Call of Duty 4 is the shit! Picked up COD 5 recently, but the weapons from WWII aren't nearly as exciting as todays. Call in the dogs?

x2