PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum welding

firefghtr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I need my left rearset with frame mount re welded to my frame it broke off in a wreck last summer.

i was refferred to BROWNS WELDING. has anyone used them?

any idea on the cost to have a small part like this welded?

Tipys
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
I need my left rearset with frame mount re welded to my frame it broke off in a wreck last summer.

i was refferred to BROWNS WELDING. has anyone used them?

any idea on the cost to have a small part like this welded?

Get ahold of Dallas on here and he should be able to help you out

bs_nate
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
I am a welder but I don't have an aluminum welder. If it were steel or something I could help you out... Sorry, I mite look up Russ Pirnie. We used to do work with him at my old job, and he is one of the best in Colorado in just about every type of welding. Good luck

HOTCARCASS
Fri Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Aluminum requires AC welding. Mountain View Welding in Longmont will get it done. The rate is 65 hr. For a small job like that they may hook you up a bit. Ray is the guy to talk to. Let him know Sal from Big Trout Metal Work sent you. We buy our material from him.

jetspeedz
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
this happend to one of my bikes and luck i found a welder that did it cheap. and yes its just as strong as before

jimwallace
Tue Jan 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
plus like 10 for dallas. he has welded rearsets, subframes, and frames for me.

Sortarican
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Get ahold of Dallas on here and he should be able to help you out

+1
Dallas laid every weld on the Space Shuttle using only his breath and a Bic lighter.

salsashark
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
+1
Dallas laid every weld on the Space Shuttle using only his breath and a Bic lighter.

But he still couldn't out-weld Chuck Norris

dallas
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Well all Chuck Norris has to do is look at the metal and it fuses itself together out of fear. I actually have to put forth a little more effort than that.