PDA

View Full Version : I need some legal advice

Buddau
Sat Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I am in need of a little nudge in the correct dirrection.
I need a little divorce advice.
PM me, please, if you know of anyone that can help me, or if you yourself have been through a divorce and have a little advice for me.

Thanks

Bueller
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
PM'ed you or call me

Buddau
Sun Jan 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM
PM'd you :up:

Sortarican
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Talk with this guy:
http://www.acandyrose.com/Stacy_Peterson_File-205-drew111407.jpg

J/K,
IMHO it's in everyone's best interest to come to an agreement without involving lawyers if at all possible.
A no-fault DIY divorce costs $90 (last time I did one) and covers most everything.
(If you're doing Alimony and Child support/Custody it might require more legal oversight though.)

The only ones who really benefit from getting overly litigious are the lawyers.

dapper
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Enjoy the roller coaster ride...

The only ones who really benefit from getting married are the gvt, lawyers, LEO, S&W, Bars, Real Estate brokers, psychologists, wedding planners, etc.
Fixed it for ya!

:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Here's some divorce advice:

Get a cheap rainsuit, extra shoes, some rope, a machete (or chainsaw), some drop-cloth, some lime, a shovel, a pickaxe.......

bulldog
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Get a cheap rainsuit, extra shoes, some rope, a machete (or chainsaw), some drop-cloth, some lime, a shovel, a pickaxe....... :spit:

Buddau
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
You all are funny. We are doing a DIY divorce. So far things are going OK. Except one huge issue. We are talking and working it out.
I want this over with so I can get on with my life and live that way I want to, not the way she see's fit.

Wyck
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
You all are funny. We are doing a DIY divorce. So far things are going OK. Except one huge issue. We are talking and working it out.
I want this over with so I can get on with my life and live that way I want to, not the way she see's fit.

I hope the DIY works out for you. I tried that route but eventually had to call a lawyer because I could not get the ex to file the one piece of paperwork I couldn't do for him. It took a lot longer and a lot more money but it least it got done. It only took another 4 years to get his name off the one piece of joint property we had. Had to have the lawyer take care of that too because again I couldn't get him to sign the paperwork. More money down the drain but I am finally completely free.

UglykidJoe
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I did the DIY divorce, it was cheap and easy even with three kids involved, we went in small steps as far as agreeing to things, we met weekly, finally I gathered all the paperwork had it signed and notarized went to court and bingo, I know pronounce you divorced. There are a ton of websites on the DIY divorce, the only thing the courts will require is that you have all the forms completed, signed and notarized. Google it to make sure you get all the forms.

Mel
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I did the DIY divorce without issues....nothing contended, nothing ongoing...we even drove together to the courthouse. If you can be friendly enough and open enough not to want to screw each other over, it was super easy.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Here, I did a DIY with 2 hours advice from a lawyer on what to file, HOW to file, and what to say, while the idiot X2 got a lawyer and paid probably $4k+.......and ended up with the same custody I would have freely given her if she'd only been reasonable and talked to me about it. for now, I'm happy with the custody as I don't have a house yet. Wehn I do, I'll simply go back to my lawyer, get some more advice, and file myself for more custody.

Best of luck. And if that doesn't work, well, there's always my first suggestion.....:)

Sortarican
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I did the DIY divorce without issues....nothing contended, nothing ongoing...we even drove together to the courthouse. If you can be friendly enough and open enough not to want to screw each other over, it was super easy.

When my first ex and I went to file our DIY papers with the clerk we were joking and smiling so much the clerk said she
thought we were there for a marraige license not a divorce.

So to convince the clerk we were serious I demanded the fine china and my ex called dibs on the power tools. :)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I don't do marriage once. :down:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I don't do marriage once. :down:
Dingdingdingding! We have a WINNUH!:)

Sortarican
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:07 PM
How many exs do all of you have?!!???

Just the five.
(I don't have a fear of commitment, I'm just not very good at it.)

rforsythe
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm surprised Vance hasn't posted in here yet.

Or maybe he's still typing his 245-page reply.

Devaclis
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
All me exes live in Texas.

ghost-whiner
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Damn... what the hell is in the water?!?! It seems there's a divorce (or possible divorce(namely me) ) around every friggin corner.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Just the five.
(I don't have a fear of commitment, I'm just not very good at it.)
Classic!:lol::lol:

If that line ain't from a movie, it SHOULD be!:)

Buddau
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I think we have solved our last issue. As per a good person's advice, we are waiting 48 hours to think things over before we totally agree and write it down.
I have done lots of research online, there is tons of info out there. Our state's judicial website is actually pretty good for DIY divorces. At 1st it all seemed overwellming, but now it seems pretty easy.

Vance
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised Vance hasn't posted in here yet.

Or maybe he's still typing his 245-page reply.

Who says I didn't write a 245 page PM?
:)

Its kinda like The Joker said: "If you're good at something, never do it for free. "
In this case - don't necessarily do it in public

Sortarican
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
.... At 1st it all seemed overwellming, but now it seems pretty easy.

Did you notice a marraige license is like $45 and a divorce decree is around $90?

Know why?......'Cause it's worth it.
:lol:

puckstr
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Get a cheap rainsuit, extra shoes, some rope, a machete (or chainsaw), some drop-cloth, some lime, a shovel, a pickaxe.......

Tip: Freeze body SOLID before dismembering. This will alleviate much of the mess in fluid loss. Clean up will be much easier. :)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
i actually took my vows seriously.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Tip: Freeze body SOLID before dismembering. This will alleviate much of the mess in fluid loss. Clean up will be much easier. :)
+1000

And, if you have the money, rent an industrial-size chipper-shredder. Works much faster than the homeowner type, eh?!:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I did as well, and I'm sure a lot of other people took theirs seriously too. But, over time people DO change. Some for the better, some for the worse. Sometimes you grow closer together, sometimes apart. I don't think anyone goes into marriage with the intent to divorce.

If it's working for you, congrats, and best of luck that it will always be that way, truly.

ghost-whiner
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ya know unless he's more referring to the "Until Death do us Part" thang.

Scer
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM

I did as well!!

Too bad she didn't though.

As long as things stay civil then a DIY will work. If a sign of complication arises just look for help cause it will be worth the time and effort you save.

love on lovas

Sortarican
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Honestly, so did I.

But is it so much to ask that your wife at least TRY to get along with your girlfriend?:dunno:

Vance
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
But is it so much to ask that your wife at least TRY to get along with your girlfriend?:dunno:

Not if your wife is bi its most certainly not too much to ask. Its practically part of the vows I'd think! :lol:

puckstr
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
+1000

And, if you have the money, rent an industrial-size chipper-shredder. Works much faster than the homeowner type, eh?!:)

Yep:)

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/389000/389036EkMJ_w.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Now this is a settlement!

http://chattahbox.com/curiosity/2009/01/08/man-sues-wife-for-15-million-or-return-of-kidney/

If I remember correctly Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote a piece about this but it dealt with bullets :D

Give me back my kidney beotch!

Mother Goose
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM
First marriage is practice. ;) But I guess Jeff didn't get that memo.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
First marriage is practice. ;) But I guess Jeff didn't get that memo.

Practice doesn't make perfect now does it? :D

I'll unsubscribe from that list thankyouverymuch.

ghost-whiner
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM
{snicker}

God speed man God speed... I hope he makes it

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM
{snicker}

God speed man God speed... I hope he makes it
I think he ought to cut it back out himself.......:)