PDA

View Full Version : Free week at SCR / Volunteers / Danny Collins

The GECCO
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
OK gang, the free week is on again this year at SCR. It will be from Sunday the 26th through Friday the 31st. Please remember that in order to take advantage of this you must be a member of a club that is a member of the Colorado Motorsports Council. Obviously being an MRA member qualifies, but in the past the word has gotten out that it is simply free to anyone and that isn't the case.

That being said, the MRA is obligated to supply volunteers to help Bob on Sunday the 26th. You would be doing things like flagging sessions on and off the track (if there are enough people that sessions become necessary), getting waivers signed, etc, etc.

If I could get six volunteers total that would be ideal, three for the morning and three for the afternoon. THIS CAN BE USED TOWARDS 2005 NOVICE HOURS. Get your commitment to the club out of the way early!

On another note - this year it won't actually be "FREE" so to speak. Each participant will be strongly encouraged to donate $5 (or more) to the CMC. This money will go directly towards the purchase of a very
nice headstone for Danny Collins. Each of the clubs themselves will also be making a contribution. The CMC has told Danny's wife Carol that we (the CMC) will cover the cost of his headstone entirely. Based on
what she had picked out (before we told her) the cost will be about $6000. Any monies collected above and beyond the cost of the headstone will go directly to Danny's family.

Thanks for your support, I know Danny would be proud of us all.

Glenn

friscokidd
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Glen, i will be down for some "05 novice hours" work :D Just let me know which month the 31st falls on a sunday and im there. :batman:

Lurch
Sun Dec 19th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I heard Bob was going to be checking this year for licenses/membership.

Lurch

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 20th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Sent U a PM.

U got 2 for the PM session here. I think 1 more may be as well.......

BATMAN
Mon Dec 20th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I'm in too for the PM shift with Bluedevil :) Also sent you a pm.

*MV* #33
Mon Dec 20th, 2004, 01:17 PM
I will be in Cali during the free week.. So I hope it snows!

HAHAH :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

MV

silkboxr
Sat Dec 25th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Just curious but a good friend of mine who is planning on racing next year was wondering if he payed the normal track day fee would he be allowed on the track on the 26th? Any info. greatly appreciated.

Thanks...... :)

Anonymous
Sat Dec 25th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Just curious but a good friend of mine who is planning on racing next year was wondering if he payed the normal track day fee would he be allowed on the track on the 26th? Any info. greatly appreciated.

Thanks...... :)

Yes he would.

nuts4ninjas
Sat Dec 25th, 2004, 08:33 PM
My car club will be out there tomorrow. It's always interesting to watch cars and bikes on that track

The GECCO
Sat Dec 25th, 2004, 08:54 PM
My car club will be out there tomorrow. It's always interesting to watch cars and bikes on that track

given that it's sunday, it's free and the weather will be nice I have no doubt they will have enough vehicles to justify splitting them into sessions

nuts4ninjas
Sun Dec 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM
JohnWu & I are in the same car club but were bringing our bikes..lol. See you all out there if you go today...will be there around noon

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Right on. It turned out to be a good day after that Sun poked through. It was fun watching you all out there and getting my Novice hours worked off already.

BATMAN
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Me too. There were a lot of people out there yesterday. Nice to have the Novice hours done already too.

nuts4ninjas
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah it was totally fun. Was that Buller I saw out there too? And who was at the sign-in mobile home with the CSC shirt? I just feel bad for the guy with the Aprilla that wrecked at the very end. I think all of you left but the last bike run on his second lap he bit the dust. Beautiful bike..oh well, but I glad he's ok

Lurch
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 10:04 AM
That was Jason Kingham. So how was the bike? On a side not he was leaving for Mexico to go dirt bike riding at 3am Sunday. Should of made for a fun ride after crashing his bike.

Lurch

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 10:05 AM
That was me at the sign in mobile in the CSC hoodie.

nuts4ninjas
Mon Dec 27th, 2004, 10:15 AM
nice...that was me with the entire family...lol