PDA

View Full Version : Sprint - PDA Phones

Zanos
Mon Jan 5th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I need some reviews from some CSC cell phone guru's. All help or opinions would be appreciated.

I have Sprint and am looking for a new phone. I have not had any issues with Sprint, so I will stay with them - not to mention my contract is really not over for another year or so.

I would like a PDA/Smart phone that would provide good texting ability with the QWERTY keyboard obviously. I would like texts to be in "chat room" format where the conversation links together.

I would like to use the phone for the organizational features of a easy to use calendar, better than a normal phones calendar that is horrible to use.

Finally, I would like to use it for email and light web usage if the fee is not outrageous.

Also, if there are any good Sprint deals or anyone knows of a way to get a better monthly price of basic phone usage and possible light web data use, please let me know. If the phone requires $100 a month to keep in service, I will stay with my current phone.

I am not open to other phone companies as I am weighing the option of getting a Smart phone and my contract is still at Sprint. Not to mention I have not had any issues with Sprint. "If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it."

I have been looking at the Blackberry line, unknown what one. I have also been looking at the MOTO Q and Samsung ACE.

Please let me know your opinions, any deals if you know of them (as I will not eat a $100 a month phone bill, I am poor), and any personal preference on Sprint PDA/Smart phones that would be good for the uses listed above.

Thank you!!!

GhettoChild
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM
How many minutes do you need/use a month? Texts?

I have a HTC Touch Pro from Sprint which is really nice, has all the bells and whistles you need. I also have a Q9C that I could sell to you if interested as well...

Pachuco
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 03:23 PM
stay away from the MotoQ line. they have a lot of problems.
BB curve is a good phone. I heard the HTC phone isnt too bad.

eklew
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Father in Law has the Insight and that looks cool!!!!

Foolds
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I got a Blackberry Curve and love it with sprint

Zanos
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I do not need many minutes. I will be doing the 450 minute plan with web and such. I will mainly be using it for texting and email. Obviously the include web and gps possibly. Not much else. Not for work, only personal use.

I went to Sprint today and looked at the HTC Touch and the Blackberry line. I am going to try to decide between the two. I cant see myself paying for the Touch though. The Blackberry feels better to the pocket book. But I think I will miss not having the Touch features and media extras.

I cant decide!!!

GhettoChild
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Are you out of contract with Sprint? I was still in contract and got it for around 300 which isn't bad at all. The plan I have is really nice, unlimited everything and 500 minutes for 30 a month but they don't have it anymore.

Zanos
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I am still under contract. The Touch was going to be 350 out the door with 100 in rebates. The Blackberry will be 200 out the door and 100 in rebates. They only could offer me $69.99 a month for 45o minutes and unlimited everything else.

GhettoChild
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well if your interested in the touch pro let me know and I could let you play around with mine and let you know how I got mine for the price I did. Also try sprint.com/sero and use Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and employee number of 383. You will get a better deal too.

Zanos
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM
How do you use the "sero" plan whe trying to upgrade as I am already under contract. I like the Touch but I think it is costly. I tried texting on it and they touch keyboard was hard to type on....I assume you learn, but still...

Please enlighten me on the "sero" and how I get that through a upgraded phone plan.

GhettoChild
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
The touch has an onscreen keyboard as well. Have you looked at the diamond as well? Its like the touch but with no hardware keyboard and is cheaper too. Sero is for friends and family for people that work for sprint so you can get a better deal. Check this out too, http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO

If you are upgrading and want the sero plan, what I would do it upgrade to the new phone, port over your number to an ATT go phone and the port it back to sprint so you can keep your number. I know its kind of complicated but you can always call me as well too and I can explain things better. 720 620 9035 -Sean

Zanos
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Ya. I guess it was the diamond. It did not have the fold out keyboard. Only on screen and it was annoying the short time i used it. Half qwerty was not horrible.

Your porting idea confuses me thats for sure. I would like to use the sero plan though... That would make it a little easier for me to eat the bullet of a smart phone.

GhettoChild
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Haha sorry, I'm not the best at explaining things. I'm sure you want to keep your number right? I think you can change plans and keep your number with Sprint but then again I am not too sure so I would call and ask to make sure.

Zanos
Tue Jan 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I would like to keep my phone number, and get into the sero plan.

Jason ON
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I love my Pearl and Sprint carries one. Of course, if you can wait: the pre' is coming (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090108-palm-launches-new-handset-pre-operating-system-at-ces.html).

arcatacat
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 10:50 PM
The new palm device launched at CES today looks SEXXXY. And only available on Sprint. Sometime in the first half of 2009.

Their stock jumped 35% in one hour after the press conference in Vegas.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/palm-pre-in-depth-impressions-video-and-huge-hands-on-gallery/

sprtbkbabe
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
try researching here http://www.wirelessweek.com/

They do test comparisons and my aunt writes for them occassionally