PDA

View Full Version : OOPs, guess I should have worked the four hours

Jayrz
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 07:34 PM
Yup, didn't do the four hours and have had all my results erased. Neato torpedo.

For what I spent on racing this year I would have gladly paid an alternative, say a $100 fine or something instead of this rather childish crap.

Is it my own fault, absolutely. But come on people, is this the best thing that can be thaught up?

King Nothing
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM
:wtf: I'm confused.

Bertha
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 07:38 PM
When you're a novice racer you have to work at least 4hrs... If you don't you will lose your points...

I worked my 1st race... glad to have got it out of the way... Maybe you can talk to Glenn and work double hours off at SCR upcoming... :idea:

Mista Black
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 07:41 PM
yeah doug, damn get with the program dude.

sorry to hear that jay, that sucks...

King Nothing
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 08:27 PM
hey jay, do you still have those leathers?

Jayrz
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 09:03 PM
yeah, I still have the leathers

Dysco
Tue Dec 21st, 2004, 10:28 PM
"For what I spent on racing this year I would have gladly paid an alternative, say a $100 fine or something instead of this rather childish crap.

Is it my own fault, absolutely. But come on people, is this the best thing that can be thaught up?"

Are you serious? In a given weekend, at least one email goes out asking for someone to volunteer their 4 hours for the MRA and it gets called over the PA at least once. That's in addition to the general information that comes with your license. If you can't find 4 hours in an entire year to dedicate to the club, you shouldn't be racing at all because you're too damn busy.

I think even experts should have to volunteer. In fact, a lot of them do it just to help out- it's what you do to keep the races running smoothly. It's also a great way to figure out how things work behind the scenes and it could end up making you faster (in the case of cornerworking). I'm sick of people bitching about this kind of crap. Last year, six people volunteered to clean up after the motard races at the last SCR and I was the only one sweeping afterwards- it was a 20 minute job for 6 people. Some people will say (or pay) anything to race and then once it's over, they're gone. I figure I worked 20 unpaid hours over the last year and I never brought it up before to anyone because it was no big deal- I was just helping out.

The MRA doesn't need any more money from BS "fines", it needs racers who want to make the racing experience better for everyone. If you can't put in 4 hours working to make your racing experience better, you're an ignorant, self-serving ass. There have been 2 opportunities to work novice hours for 2005 THIS MONTH. One of them saved you $12 in entry to the MC show and the other is a deal where you're guaranteed track time. I think it's childish not to take those opportunites when they come.

MRA #413, Cornerworker, and Track Bitch for '05.

MostroS4
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:15 AM
So Mike, after reading your post I'm still not really clear how you stand on this subject ;)

NineTwoFour
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:24 AM
I think what Mike was trying to say is...

Miller Lite is great because it is less filling.

:idea:

BlueDevil
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:47 AM
"For what I spent on racing this year I would have gladly paid an alternative, say a $100 fine or something instead of this rather childish crap.

Is it my own fault, absolutely. But come on people, is this the best thing that can be thaught up?"

Are you serious? In a given weekend, at least one email goes out asking for someone to volunteer their 4 hours for the MRA and it gets called over the PA at least once. That's in addition to the general information that comes with your license. If you can't find 4 hours in an entire year to dedicate to the club, you shouldn't be racing at all because you're too damn busy.

I think even experts should have to volunteer. In fact, a lot of them do it just to help out- it's what you do to keep the races running smoothly. It's also a great way to figure out how things work behind the scenes and it could end up making you faster (in the case of cornerworking). I'm sick of people bitching about this kind of crap. Last year, six people volunteered to clean up after the motard races at the last SCR and I was the only one sweeping afterwards- it was a 20 minute job for 6 people. Some people will say (or pay) anything to race and then once it's over, they're gone. I figure I worked 20 unpaid hours over the last year and I never brought it up before to anyone because it was no big deal- I was just helping out.

The MRA doesn't need any more money from BS "fines", it needs racers who want to make the racing experience better for everyone. If you can't put in 4 hours working to make your racing experience better, you're an ignorant, self-serving ass. There have been 2 opportunities to work novice hours for 2005 THIS MONTH. One of them saved you $12 in entry to the MC show and the other is a deal where you're guaranteed track time. I think it's childish not to take those opportunites when they come.

MRA #413, Cornerworker, and Track Bitch for '05.

Seriously I dont feel bad. Its not like it was a secret or anything. Hell they even postred a list of those who didnt do it yetat the races. I dont think its childish at all. Hell its the only motivation I know that makes sense. If noone helps, we cant race. If there wasnt a threat of losing something valuable, do U think many would volunteer? Hell Glenn, Doug and several others practically beg on the forum for peoples help. Its only 4 hours. It goes so fast anyway, its easy time. Shit we have already had 2 chances thrown at us this year to work off next years hours. I jumpped all over the chance to get it out of the way.

Ray-Ray
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:02 AM
:imwithstupid: Plus - since you did not complete your novice hours you are technically not able to move up to expert! You will need to complete them in 05 before they let you move up! We all get to race because people take an effort within the club! Look at the board of directors...Sure they get paid (very little) and free racing however do you realize the time it takes them to do their jobs? And you think it's childish to work 4 hours for the club - COME ON DUDE! You wanna race and keep your points than follow the rules! Simple as that!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Plus - since you did not complete your novice hours you are technically not able to move up to expert!

Damn!!! You mean I could have stayed a novice by not doing my hours? Shit!!! I Never thought of that one... :D

Hoopty
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:51 AM
:pointlaugh:

Mista Black
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 08:14 AM
I think what Mike was trying to say is...

Miller Lite is great because it is less filling.

:idea:

TASTES GREAT!! :x

Jayrz
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
Hey Dysco do you perhaps have any idea why time was extra short for me this past season? I'd tell you to look at my results and for each weekend I missed explain where in the country I was with my Guard unit during that weekend, but you can't see them anymore. And the first couple races I paid and additional grand or so on airplane tickets to fly back in from Missisippi to run.

Missed majority of 2002 season, spent in Pakistan
Missed majority of 2003 season, spent in Afghanistan

But hey I am a self serving arrogant ass , right Dysco. Here is where I would call you names through the computer back but honestly its a little beneath me and I never have met you.

Like I said before folks, yeah I should have gotten this done regardless. And I never claimed I didn't know about it, there was lots of announcements and I do remeber at least one.

I'd like to rescind calling it childish crap, just the way this club has chosen to do business. Thats fine. Never seen in done in WERA or WSMC , before but thats fine.

How about the option, not a fine, to pay $100 instead of work the four hours and the club can hire somebody for $10/hr and put the remaining $60 towards airfence fund or something else cool.

Look I just thought wiping out all a persons results over something that has the retail value of $40 was a little much.

Anonymous
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
As Track Marshal and member of the board of directors, I'd like to be the first to say that we will not be making any amendments to the rules to allow people to simply buy themselves out of their hours. You didn't list 2004 season in that list, so I assume you were here most of the time? There were even the SAME pre-season opportunities before 04 (working the show, or the free track week).

The "value" of your 4 hours is a lot more than $40. It helps the club. It helps you gain a better understanding and appreciation for what we all do. If you don't like the idea of having to do them each season, do 'em and move to expert and you won't ever have to volunteer your time for this club again. In the meantime, this has been spelled out in the rulebook for a long time now. It's mentioned at every riders meeting in the mornings. Emails are sent. Topics are posted on CSC. The people are called out at the end of the season who didn't do them in a last-ditch effort. Short of physically dragging you out to a corner to help out, the MRA made every possible effort to tell novices to work their hours, and have made the consequences of not being willing to give 4 paltry hours of time quite obvious.

I guess I'd have more sympathy, if I hadn't spent so much of my own time giving back to the club, along with countless others. Hell I've already put in about 120 hours for 05 and we haven't even started yet (and this is all unpaid, btw). No other novice racer has yet tried to buy their way out of working, and I think that says something.

If you've been deployed and couldn't make it, you could have communicated this ahead of time and worked something out, perhaps a post-season arrangement. However telling those of us who work simply because it needs to be done to keep the MRA great that we are childish for asking racers to give just a little tiny bit of themselves, quite honestly offends the hell out of me.

We have fines for other things. There is a very good reason we don't have an alternative "buy out" fine for this one. So yes, this is the best thing that could be thought up.

Dysco
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
" But hey I am a self serving arrogant ass , right Dysco. Here is where I would call you names through the computer back but honestly its a little beneath me and I never have met you."

I'm sure you've seen me before on the corners or in the pits. Please look me up at the next MRA race you go to and I will call you those things to your face. To make it easier on you, I'll be at every race in 2005. :up:

If you can't or don't want to volunteer a mere 4 hours for your sport and instead try to buy your way out, you're all of those things.

nileator01
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:38 PM

Missed majority of 2002 season, spent in Pakistan
Missed majority of 2003 season, spent in Afghanistan

Look I just thought wiping out all a persons results over something that has the retail value of $40 was a little much.

Side note: Holy crap, is that really what the military pays, $10 an hour!

If you raced some in '02 and some in '03 and it sounds like some in '04 than why are you sandbagg'n it in Novice. Move to expert for crying out loud. You'll never have to volunteer again, unless you care about the club that gives so much to you than you'll try to help out whenever you can.
You can easily do the 4 hours in a race weekend that you are racing at. But why not see if you can do more?

Oh and I beleive this has been the rule long before 2002, so I'm sure you had to have known of it.

mikesf4i
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry gang , but I have to throw in my $0.02.
I have never raced with the MRA, but I did autocross for a few years. Everyone had to corner work on race day, even during the regionals (first place D prepared btw). The whole point of having to work is, that without everyone pulling together and helping out, NOONE gets to race. There are usually a few people that give way to much of their time to make racing happen, even at the expense of their personal lives. (not that Ralph really has much of one) Because of these people, we are allowed to race. If everyone quit giving their time to help make racing happen and just paid money instead, alot of things wouldnt get done. What would happen if the guy who was supposed to make sure the ambulance and crew showed up just paid $100 instead of calling and making sure they were going to show up? Working is also a great way to meet more people that you have alot in common with. You also get to learn and appreciate what it takes to make a race day happen. Its not as easy as just showing up to ride. I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but 4 hours a year is nothing. I under stand about being busy with work and kids and a house. I also appreciate what you are doing to keep this country safe. But you are the one who signed up for it. There is no draft right now. If being in the Guard has you so busy that you cannot give up 4 hours in a whole year ,maybe you shouldnt have joined. Or maybe you shouldnt have decided to race. Its only 4 hours!! I spend more than 4 hours a year sitting on the crapper! How many races did you make it to this year? If it was 4 races, thats only an hour per race. You probably spent more time sitting on your ass bullshitting with your friends than that.

The other way to look at it is: They let you race. Sure you lost your points. But they still let you race. And they will let you race next year. Even if you dont work your 4 hours. Are points really that important? Be serious, Your not trying to keep your job for Factory Honda on a Superbike ride. You are club racing. The whole point of club racing is having fun. I think alot of people would still do it if they didnt keep track of points at all. All of that money you spent racing this year was to race ,not have points. Otherwise why not just save time and buy points?

I also understand that you just asked a simple question. You probably didnt want this to turn into a whole bunch of people yelling at you and calling you names. I apologize if I beat this dead horse to much, But hey Im unemployed and dont have anything better to do.

Anonymous
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:51 PM
Hey Dysco do you perhaps have any idea why time was extra short for me this past season? ...
While I commend you for giving up your free time to serve your country, :up: I think it's pretty lame to try and use that as an excuse. :| Even if you were there for only 1 race weekend, you could have worked off your hours if you wanted to. You could have cornerworked Saturday afternoon (get it all done in 1 shot), or split it between Saturday & Sunday. We all know how much downtime there can be between races, :sleeping: so half an hour here, an hour there, and before you know it, you're done. If you only heard it announced at 1 riders meeting, then perhaps you were standing too far back at the others - I like to get near the front so I don't miss anything. I'm fairly certain it was announced at every race, particularly during the latter half of the season.

hcr25
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Not sure if i understand your complaint. You said "For what I spent on racing this year" Im sure you think it was alot. So instead of giving your time to our club you would rather spend even more money by buying your way around the rules?
Who knows maybe when you do your novice hours you could learn something.like a new line through a turn or how hard it is to be a cornerworker,score keeper whatever.
The club could hire people to do every job needed,would you be willing to pay even more to race to make up for the extra payroll?
4 hours over 10 race weekends?? I bet we spend that much time in the Porta Potties :lol:
Mike #25

~Barn~
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Damn. I didn't even know ya'll *had* to volunteer time when you become a racer. :dunno:

I have to say that I tend to be one of those "can't I just pay for it" type people myself, but I honestly think that I'd want to spend the 4 hours (and probably more), to just get a feel for how things work.

Granted, everybodies schedule is different as are their time commitments, but reaching the minimum in this case certainly doesn't appear too difficult.

jrok929
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
This is non-sense...everyone jumping the damn bandwagon here and giving this guy $hit...give him a break.

jrok929
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:00 PM
" But hey I am a self serving arrogant ass , right Dysco. Here is where I would call you names through the computer back but honestly its a little beneath me and I never have met you."

I'm sure you've seen me before on the corners or in the pits. Please look me up at the next MRA race you go to and I will call you those things to your face. To make it easier on you, I'll be at every race in 2005. :up:

If you can't or don't want to volunteer a mere 4 hours for your sport and instead try to buy your way out, you're all of those things.

Do I sense somebody trying to be tough over the internet here? We have enough of that on this board. Let's just play nice boys.

Anonymous
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Jason, hey he asked for opinions on the subject. That's what he got. I don't see "jumping on the bandwagon", just a bunch of people who were able to deal with their shit responding to someone complaining because he couldn't and got slapped for it.

Jayrz
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:20 PM
Well this got way out of hand in a hurry.
Ya know I wasn't trying, or didn't want it to sound like I was trying, to buy my way around the rules. Simply thought it was a decent alternative. Time was extremely short this year as I missed several races that I didn't fly in for and did a couple with only the sunday.

Yes it is my own fault.
Yes I knew about it ahead of time.

Honestly I am not upset about the whole thing since it was my fault.

I do apologize to any and all MRA members or officers who may have been offended by the "childish crap" remark.

Any non-racers reading this should know I consider this the best organization I have raced with and I have raced with four, so I would hate to have anyone reconsider joining because of my rant.

I WILL do my hours next year by the way before I move up to , or allowed to, expert.

Jayrz

hcr25
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Ha HA This is non-sense!! No kidding.The novice work rule has neen around for the last couple of years.
This is a open forum where we voice our opinions,no one is trying to be tough here. I will save that for the track :D

Jayrz
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Mike, since I have myself in this predicament how many races do you think I will have to do before being allowed to move up to expert?

BlueDevil
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
mikesf4i :
"The other way to look at it is: They let you race. Sure you lost your points. But they still let you race. And they will let you race next year. Even if you dont work your 4 hours. Are points really that important? Be serious, Your not trying to keep your job for Factory Honda on a Superbike ride. You are club racing. The whole point of club racing is having fun. I think alot of people would still do it if they didnt keep track of points at all. All of that money you spent racing this year was to race ,not have points. Otherwise why not just save time and buy points?"

Whoa whoa I was with you up to that point. "Are points really that important?" HELL YES they are that important. For 2 personal reasons. The first one is I work my ass off and scrape every dime I can spare just to be able to race. The second: As some one who missed the first race last year, and spent the better part of the first half of last season fighting my way out of the back grid, it is that important. Hell even one of the fastest racers plays hell starting dead last with a 30+ second wait to start the race behind the first grid wont even win it, much less get in a top 5 position. For some of us points are all that keeps us compeditive. If you cant afford to race every race, U constantly have to fight to get back what U lost. It REALLY is that important. Dont get me wrong, Im not attacking you. Just took a different feel when I read that......

However, if its that important....One would break his a$$ to find a way to work those hours.

With all that said. Happy Holidays all.

MostroS4
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
Okay, can we "hire" someone to work our hours for us?

I think this would a very good process involved for all. The MRA would get the hours, the racer doing the hiring is helping the economy by hiring someone that may not otherwise be "hireable" and possibly getting someone else interested in racing. The employee would discover the wonderous world of Roadracing and may become involved with the MRA later on. So I think in this scenario it'd be a win-win situation for everyone!

okay, okay what about hiring a, uh, exotic dancer for uh, entertainment. The money "stuffed" into "suit" could be used to fund other activities or maybe "hiring" people that work for the MRA to perform those Novice tasks....

BTW, I did my hours years ago, great fun moving haybales around PPIR with no gloves and in shorts :)

Jayrz
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
How about the bodyguard I will have to hire now, does that count? HAH

Anonymous
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Mike, since I have myself in this predicament how many races do you think I will have to do before being allowed to move up to expert?

It's more about how you ride, than how many you've done. Your move to expert would be based on a few things:

1) You'll need a few, probably. If you can do this in one weekend, this won't be hard.
2) Hours worked, obviously.
3) The New Rider Director, aka Mark Schellinger will ultimately approve the request. He'll evaluate your riding and go from there.

hcr25
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:49 PM
I think the rule book says you have to complete 6 races.So i guess you could do it after 1 race weekend depending on the bike you ride.Now with that being said you could ask Mark schellinger to approve you for a expert license now.If you raced some in 02-03 and most of or all of 04 i dont think it would be a big deal.
As far as working off novice hours goes,that can be done even before the season starts.Lots of ways to do it just ask any board member.We will be glad to help.
Mike

Jayrz
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks Mike :)

Devil954
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:52 PM
Man this is turning into the refund thread I posted long ago :lol: here goes the high school popularity contest again :argue: :bs: :lol:

Deuce
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
Jay, just talk to Shellinger and i'm sure he'll approve you to move up. I don't see why you'd have to work any hours if you started the season as an expert. It's not like you have to pay the piper because you didn't do it this year. You already got punished. End of story.

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
I say we ban Jay from the MRA, I don't need any more competition. :D

Anonymous
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
Well, technically he needs 6 races in two years to advance (again, this is a "generally followed" guideline which *may* be bent sllightly at the discretion of Mark), though if he lost all points and standings for 04, did those races exist? Grey area.

Technically if you don't begin the season as a novice, you don't need to work hours. But Schellinger probably won't advance you (just to get out of hours) until he's seen you ride recently. So, it's a catch-22. Talk to Mark, see what he can do.

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Jay is an excellent rider, I doubt Mark is going to have any problems with him moving up to expert...

jrok929
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
Well, technically he needs 6 races in two years to advance (again, this is a "generally followed" guideline which *may* be bent sllightly at the discretion of Mark), though if he lost all points and standings for 04, did those races exist? Grey area.

Technically if you don't begin the season as a novice, you don't need to work hours. But Schellinger probably won't advance you (just to get out of hours) until he's seen you ride recently. So, it's a catch-22. Talk to Mark, see what he can do.

Shit he "advanced" you with what two races under your belt? :P

Anonymous
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM

More like 4-5, and I can handle myself on the track. ;)

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:04 AM

I heard you handle yourself quite often...

Anonymous
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:06 AM

I heard you handle yourself quite often...

Why mess with a good thing? :eyebrows:

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
:pointlaugh:

jrok929
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:34 AM

You can handle yourself by accomplishing what?...staying out of the way of expert racers?

*MV* #33
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
Oh snaps this is getting good...

MV <-- grabs crack pipe so he can keep up with post.

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:49 AM
:slap: Puff puff give, sucka!!! :guns:

~Barn~
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
You can handle yourself by accomplishing what?...staying out of the way of expert racers?

:spit:

Clickity Clack, Ninja!

Anonymous
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 01:11 PM

At least I'm out there doing it. ;)

jrok929
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:48 PM

At least I'm out there doing it. ;)
Guess that depends on what you would call "doing it"....130s+ at scr isn't doing much ;)

Anonymous
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:59 PM
No, but a 1:20 (what I was running) on a bike I had to rebuild every piece of, with suspension so fucked that Marcus couldn't even set it up, that I was on for basically the first time, isn't too bad.

Of course the irony of having my racing skills called out by a guy who quit altogether is kinda funny. ;)

hcr25
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
:lol: MRA #421 you cant really talk about your lap times can you jason?
maybe you didnt do you novice hours when you raced in 03 ;)

mikesf4i
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlueDevil:
"Whoa whoa I was with you up to that point. "Are points really that important?" HELL YES they are that important. For 2 personal reasons. The first one is I work my ass off and scrape every dime I can spare just to be able to race. The second: As some one who missed the first race last year, and spent the better part of the first half of last season fighting my way out of the back grid, it is that important. Hell even one of the fastest racers plays hell starting dead last with a 30+ second wait to start the race behind the first grid wont even win it, much less get in a top 5 position. For some of us points are all that keeps us compeditive. If you cant afford to race every race, U constantly have to fight to get back what U lost. It REALLY is that important. Dont get me wrong, Im not attacking you. Just took a different feel when I read that...... "

Would you race even if they didnt keep track of points? I guess I feel that alot of people would.

Deuce
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
While this is all quite funny and definatley amusing it's kinda off the topic. Jay your just as fast as I am and you proved last year that you don't ride like an idiot so I don't see why Shellinger would have an issue with bumping you up. That and in the last two years you've got more than six race days right? If so it's a non issue because you already qualify to get moved up. I switched to expert before I had more than 6 race days. Hell between last year and this year I still don't have a full years experience. :lol:

Deuce

Ray-Ray
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Deuce - Your missing the point here!! Sure he has the experience to move up BUT he has NOT put in his 4 hours of service to the club!

Dysco
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.idmonsters.com/rtc/05/images/johnny.jpg
I want my 4 hours!

(best picture I could find of the paperboy)

jrok929
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:04 PM
No, but a 1:20 (what I was running) on a bike I had to rebuild every piece of, with suspension so fucked that Marcus couldn't even set it up, that I was on for basically the first time, isn't too bad.

Of course the irony of having my racing skills called out by a guy who quit altogether is kinda funny. ;)

Haha...guess ya got me there Ralph. No worries i'm not calling anyone out...just stirring the pot here.

jrok929
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
:lol: MRA #421 you cant really talk about your lap times can you jason?
maybe you didnt do you novice hours when you raced in 03 ;)

Yer right Mike I haven't volunteered any of my time to the MRA :roll: Prolly won't see me next year out there supporting you guys either.

Devil954
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Jay though I can see your frustration it wont be that bad next season you are going to pass whoever you would have been in front of anyway right it may take you a couple of races to get there dont sweat it , There are some people that like to take what you say pull it out of context and turn you into a bad guy just to try to smooch a little ass , next time just PM one of the rider reps so you dont get such a lashing :D

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yer right Mike I haven't volunteered any of my time to the MRA :roll: Prolly won't see me next year out there supporting you guys either.

So, are you messing around or just being a dick?

~Barn~
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:44 PM
So, are you messing around or just being a dick?

Doesn't really sound like either to me. Just sounds like it's an activity/organization that he's not too fond of anymore. :dunno:

Dysco
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:53 PM
Jrok worked corners several times last year and I'm pretty sure he means he'll do it next year as well. He's a great asset to our corner crew.

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
Jrok worked corners several times last year and I'm pretty sure he means he'll do it next year as well. He's a great asset to our corner crew.

Well then, whats the problem? :)

Corner workers ROCK.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 24th, 2004, 12:21 AM
I guess sarcasm doesn't always translate well, to the written word.
me --> :slap: <-- me

jrok929
Fri Dec 24th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yes I will be around cornerworking next year. I love racing and just cause I can't race next year doesn't mean I won't be around to support you guys. Now i guess we can let this post die :lol:

Jayrz
Fri Dec 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words Duece but, there is no way I am going to NOT work off these four hours I owe to the club. Not when everbody else has to do them. So even if I start the season as an expert I will be getting them done.

So Duece you pull apart that TLR yet? Supertwins is going to be quite a bit larger this year. Looking at this schedule I am only going to be able to do 5 weekends though..

Jim Brewer
Fri Dec 24th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I bet we spend that much time in the Porta Potties
Boy, ain't that the truth. I never understood why first call to grid acts as a stool softener :(

marcus mcbain
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM

Ya, it is hard to tune a bend out of a fork and warp out of rotors!!! :D

Deuce
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the kind words Duece but, there is no way I am going to NOT work off these four hours I owe to the club. Not when everbody else has to do them. So even if I start the season as an expert I will be getting them done.

So Duece you pull apart that TLR yet? Supertwins is going to be quite a bit larger this year. Looking at this schedule I am only going to be able to do 5 weekends though..

Nope haven't even touched it yet. No money for the parts so I figured i'd wait till there was some green to actually do the work. Lurch being the nice guy he is is going to help me (i.e. do most of the work so I don't screw it up) rebuild the motor. Should have the motor out fairly soon and atleast down to him. Need to get a new upper and lower (be calling you here pretty soon Mike). And new exaust. lol With the switch at my job to the field side it's gonna be a bitch this year to get every weekend off. But i'm gonna shoot for every one. ST should be kick ass this year. Lot of good guys gonna be runnin with us so it oughta be pretty fun.

Deuce

Lurch
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 09:45 PM
HAHAHAHA.

Lurch's motor rebuild service is starting to get busy.

Lurch

Dysco
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
Bringing this one back to the top for educational purposes.

Novices- WORK YOUR 4 HOURS!!!
Do it early in the year and avoid future problems.

I met Jay at CDR and I couldn't call him any names since he was on the corners :D Turns out he's a nice guy but it was probably best that he didn't know who I was before we started talking.

Don't be a victim of procrastination: Work your hours. Nobody will feel sorry for you when you lose all your points.

japrules
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 06:48 AM
I think using military time away as an excuse is lame too.. we all do what we do and contribute to society in many ways.. I work for an oil company.. so I figure you homo's couldn't race without me! I WANT MY 4 HOURS eliminated or NO FUEL FOR YOU fuggers! :guns:

:lol: :lol:

P.S. Just do your work and shut your pie holes.. It would be nice to just pay for the shit if we don't have time but it just don't work that way.. get it?

Yup, didn't do the four hours and have had all my results erased. Neato torpedo.

For what I spent on racing this year I would have gladly paid an alternative, say a $100 fine or something instead of this rather childish crap.

Is it my own fault, absolutely. But come on people, is this the best thing that can be thaught up?

Anonymous
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 08:00 AM
This thread still makes me laugh. :lol:

Yes folks, work your hours! It isn't that difficult, and avoids things like this when the end of the season rolls around and you figure out that your points are no more. ;)

Dysco
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 02:29 PM
I think using military time away as an excuse is lame too...

I didn't bring this back up so we could rip on Jay some more. He paid his dues. It's definitely a good reminder that no excuse is a good excuse.

cu360r6
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 08:45 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

BlueDevil
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Bringing this one back to the top for educational purposes.

Novices- WORK YOUR 4 HOURS!!!
Do it early in the year and avoid future problems.

Well said. I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it. 8)

ID race if there wernt points, I think they just call that a track day though....... But not keeping points, thats like kids playing little league and not keeping score.......

Anonymous
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it. 8)Dion, aren't you staying Novice? If so, I think you're required to work 4 hours again (ie: each year that you're a Novice). I'm not 100% sure, but that's my interpretation.

Dysco
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
This is true. All novices- even the returning "fast" novices -cough-

Bertha
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
I worked my hrs already.... MRA banquet, sucked working the door, got in so late we missed half of everything and everyone already had their food... But I don't have to worry about my hours :)

Jenny
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Hell, I'm not even a novice yet, but my novice hours are worked off. :D

The GECCO
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Don't be a victim of procrastination: Work your hours. Nobody will feel sorry for you when you lose all your points.

Yup....just as fair warning - I will have ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY for anyone who claims they didn't get a chance to work their hours. NONE!!

Why?? Because I begged for someone to work off their hours manning the gate at CDR the afternoon of the 16th...no one wanted to and the club had to pay a non-racer to do it.

Anonymous
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
RACERS: WE HAVE MRA PRACTICE AT PUEBLO ON FRIDAY. This means... If you work the morning, you can still have the rest of the afternoon to ride, and your hours will be done before the season even starts!

Please note that if you work the afternoon block (1-4) you'll only get 3 hours marked down, but working the morning will get you the full 4.

This will be a fairly low-key day to work, much less hectic than a race day. So bring a couple bottles of water, light colored clothes, and some gloves, and "git 'r done"!

Jayrz
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Man,, at first I saw this thread alive again and thought "oh shit here it comes again".. Kind of a relief that I am not getting blasted again, well except for maybe one dude who took my military comment out of context. But then I expressed it poorly the first time too.

Working a corner at CDR on saturday was alot of fun and I enjoyed getting to meet all of the gang. I am pretty sure the only ambulance ride we had was the corner worker woman, sorry didn't get her name, who had the storage gate thing in the MRA boxtruck come down on he head. But I understand she is fine now. It was scary because she sure wasn't moving when I saw her.

Congratulations to all of you novices who passed the course. Crashes seemed to be few, at least I only pichked up one bike.

I am really going to have to stop smoking if I am going to make a habit out of push starting recalcitrant KTM 525s for people. Remind me not to buy one of those when you guys see me in the pits.

later

RZ

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 06:07 AM
I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it. 8)Dion, aren't you staying Novice? If so, I think you're required to work 4 hours again (ie: each year that you're a Novice). I'm not 100% sure, but that's my interpretation.

Yes thats true. I went a head and already worked mine for 05 to get them out of the way. I volunteerd when Glenn offered to let us work the open SCR day for the man that died. Where U donated money to the huge jug....