PDA

View Full Version : Coconuts and Bananas Pass DOT Standads as Helmets

pilot
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
NOT!

But this article about how riders are avoiding the new helmet law in a city of 15 million is pretty ripe.:yumyum:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28539595/

Airreed
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM
....I think Nigeria has bigger issues than helmet laws, like controlling the AIDs epedimic in thier country.

salsashark
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I have an entire gross of top of the line Shoei x-11s sitting in my warehouse in London that I'd be happy to donate. Unfortunately, the only person who had a key was my eccentric rich uncle who is currently on sabbatical in Nepal. If they will send me a meager $50,000 through moneygram, I could afford to form an expedition to retrieve the key from the mountains over Nepal and have the helmets shipped to the poor working people of Nigeria. I'd be happy to set up the transfer if they would be so kind as to email me their account information.

BigE
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM
^^^^:lol::lol:^^^^

Sortarican
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:28 PM
"There are tens of thousands of Okadas (motorcycle taxis) buzzing around Lagos,
......... many of them given to unemployed and illiterate youths as part of poverty reduction programs.
Most have never been taught traffic rules."

So it's like your average GSXR rider here?

salsashark
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Well, with one small exception...

These people actually make an attempt at wearing helmets, all be it fake ones...

Tipys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
^^^Yup all this just did was give some riders in cali to find away around helmet laws

guessinthe2000
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
"be put under a black magic spell", that's some funny stuff

Ceez
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
"There are tens of thousands of Okadas (motorcycle taxis) buzzing around Lagos,
......... many of them given to unemployed and illiterate youths as part of poverty reduction programs.
Most have never been taught traffic rules."

So it's like your average GSXR rider here?

OUCH! :scream1: