PDA

View Full Version : I'm Moving to Texas

1ofTheBoys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Some of you know I was laid off in December and I have had to make some major decisions because of this. One of those decisions was to decide whether I stay here in Colorado or move to Texas.

Well I have decided to move to Texas at the end of January. This was not an easy decision because I have made allot of friends here over the years but this is a positive move for me.

You may be asking...why Texas? Are you nuts??? Well yes I am but that's not the reason. The real reason is that I have a sister that lives outside of San Antonio and she has been trying to get me to move there for a while. Well now is the perfect time to make that change.

No I do not have a job lined up yet but I did receive severance so this will help in getting me on my feet.

I doubt I will be racing this year :( but I will definitely be doing track days :). So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

SumoWeezle
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Damn Sheila, I'm sorry to see you go. But at least now we'll have a good reason to go to Texas!!

Let me know if you need anything or any help with the move.

SaShWhO
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

but if you actually do it I have friends in San Antonio hell that can/will help you with whatever you need.

you better not leave without saying goodbye in person

Sortarican
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I smell a fairwell party drunkfest!:drink:

Hopefully it's just temporary, you'll be missed.:(
We'd better still see you out at the track too.
(Plus you can check out the Texas tracks and set up a road trip track day.)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wow! Bummer to lose you Sheila. We'll miss you darlin'......:cry:

Best of luck though, and I'm sure things will be better for you down there.

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Wow...:cry:

And I was feeling my decision to move 40 miles south was tough. Hey, if you need anything...just holler.

Ceez
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
DAMN STAPLES BUY OUT! That really stinks Sheila, you will be missed. My wifes family lives out in San Antonio and we go every summer, so we will come crash at your place instead!! :)

Let me know if you need any help packing your shit :hump:

I mean packing.

Foolds
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Aww now I'm sad... Texas is grabbing a great lady here and we are loosing one...

ghostrider_9
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I am soooooo sad this is happening! Best wishes in all that you do!!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Good Luck & Best Wishes :up:

puckstr
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Things will get better for ya.

Sorry you are leaving CO.

Sortarican
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
....I'm sure things will be better for you down there.

Things will get better for ya. .

Are you guys serious?
Name one instance where Texas has been an improvement for anyone or anything.

Stay here Sheila! You can move in with me rent free. :eyebrows:

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
:(

SaShWhO
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Are you guys serious?

+1

Aww now im sad... We are Texas is grabbing a great lady here and we are loosing one...
what??
thanks for we're all a little stooopider now

[quote=Craven_Morehead;395953]

I mean packing
:lol::lol::lol:

swademaster
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Good luck.

lovinCO
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Wow, I'm totally bummed to hear you're moving Sheila! :( Good luck and I'm sure you'll jump back into a job once you get down there. I hope you come back to Denver in the future. :)

eg bter
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
:confused: ... :bigeyes: ... :(

konichd
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear Sheila, hopefully the move goes well and good luck in TX!

1ofTheBoys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Damn Sheila, I'm sorry to see you go. But at least now we'll have a good reason to go to Texas!!

Let me know if you need anything or any help with the move.
Thanks Chris....you better come see me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

but if you actually do it I have friends in San Antonio hell that can/will help you with whatever you need.

Well hook me up....I will probably go to lunch next wednesday if there is one.

I smell a fairwell party drunkfest!:drink:

Hopefully it's just temporary, you'll be missed.:(
We'd better still see you out at the track too.
(Plus you can check out the Texas tracks and set up a road trip track day.)

Did someone say party :drink:Ya buddy. I can't wait to try out the tracks down there. I have been on a few of them but only in a car.

Wow! Bummer to lose you Sheila. We'll miss you darlin'......:cry:

Best of luck though, and I'm sure things will be better for you down there.
Get better for me? Things have been great here just a little bump in the road. Thanks Frank

Matrix
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear Sheila. Best of luck to you and the family. I will be sure to wish you a farewell in person.

Matty
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
good luck Sheila..... you'll definitely be missed.

Repsol a095
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Sheila,

UnSuk and I are really going to miss you. You hold a special place in our hearts as you were one of the first people in Colorado to be extremely welcoming when we moved here. You and your daughter will be truly missed. Good luck in TX, and you are always welcome to stay with us if you need a place when you come and visit.

1ofTheBoys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Wow...:cry:

And I was feeling my decision to move 40 miles south was tough. Hey, if you need anything...just holler.

Ya it was a hard one...thank god my brother-in-law is bringing his big trailer up here to get all my things as well as my bikes.

DAMN STAPLES BUY OUT! That really stinks Sheila, you will be missed. My wifes family lives out in San Antonio and we go every summer, so we will come crash at your place instead!! :)

I mean packing.
Thanks Cesar....I need allot of help but I don't think anyone can help me with that one.:)

Aww now I'm sad... Texas is grabbing a great lady here and we are loosing one...
Thanks JJ

I am soooooo sad this is happening! Best wishes in all that you do!!
Thanks Marc

Good Luck & Best Wishes :up:
Thanks Jeff

Wyck
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Aww and I was just getting to know you and Amanda. Sorry to see you go. I wish I had gotten more of a chance to hang out with you both :(

1ofTheBoys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Are you guys serious?

Sweeeet, I will pack up Amanda, Jesse, Daniel, the dog.......hope you have room for all of us.

Foolds
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM
+1

what??
thanks for we're all a little stooopider now

[quote=Craven_Morehead;395953]

I mean packing
:lol::lol::lol:

Lol ya sorry about that. I was trying to work on the phone and post at the same time.

Bueller
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Gonna miss you, hope it works out great for you!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Get better for me? Things have been great here just a little bump in the road. Thanks Frank
Well, Texas sucks, we all know that, but I meant maybe the job thing will be better! We know the RIDING sure won't be!

Sad to see you go, you're on of the sweetest people here, by far, and we'll miss ya! Let me know if you need any help or anything. I still owe ya one for taking me to that Av's game.:)

Vehicle 1
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Crazy changes, I am going to miss you a lot Sheila. Hopefully I will see you at track days. If you hit the Denver area, and need a place for you to stay, your family and/or bikes, let me know.

dirkterrell
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Well I have decided to move to Texas at the end of January.

Oh, hell no! What gave you the idea that this was even permissible? Do you even realize how many people you are hurting by doing this? :):):)

Seriously, best of luck down there. I wish you didn't have to go and I know Susan will be really bummed when I tell her. :(

Dirk

Tipys
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Like everyone said best of luck never got to meet you but its still sad to see someone go. But lately moving out of CO seems to be the thing to do lately.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Sucky. You're gonna be missed, but I guess you've picked up on that by now.

Well hey.... Two things.

1.) You're doing what you dig, and I can respect that. A little infusion of excitement in ones life never hurt anybody. And although I've never been, I hear that S.A. is beautiful.

2.) When the beauty, excitement, and novelty of it all wears off (and you have the opportunity to), you know where your friends will be waiting for you.

Here's to a change of venue.
:cheers:

200sr20
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thats it, your not allowed to leave.

hcr25
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear you are leaving us! One good thing is that if you are still going to race, the CMRA in Texas is a really big race club.
Let me know if you need any contacts. I know alot of racers down there.
Mike

500rgurl
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Oh Sheila.. I am sorry sorry to hear you are moving!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:We still have R2SL events!!!:):):):) Let us know if you need any help with anything!! I will sure miss you and Amanda at the track this summer!! Thanks for all the help and advice last season!

DevilsTonic
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Dear Lord Sweet Baby Jesuz......

I don't log in for two days and look what happens. I don't want you to go Sheila, but I understand.

Yanno our Wang nights won't be the same without you. We will need to have a going away party for you, and you make sure that you get back here to visit on occassion, ok?

bizzo
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
man good luck with your move.
san antonio is really humid, but great riding 99.9% of the year.

im from a little town just north west of san antonio, called boerne. boerne lays just in the hill country and yes, south texas is very beautiful! i moved here last may. texas is cheap for steak, living, and cant beat living with family.

best of luck to you with your move and in your future. economy sucks, but life is good! keep your chin up lady.

cromer611
Thu Jan 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM
plenty of racing in texas, AND NO SNOW!!!! GL out there and you will be missed. casey will miss robbin parts of your 6 too : ) j/p

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Good luck.
Thanks Wade.

Wow, I'm totally bummed to hear you're moving Sheila! :( Good luck and I'm sure you'll jump back into a job once you get down there. I hope you come back to Denver in the future. :)
Thanks Wyeth, I will be back to visit for sure and we will see what the future brings.

Sorry to hear Sheila, hopefully the move goes well and good luck in TX!
Thanks DK, my bikes are coming with me so it should be a good move.

t_jolt
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks DK, my bikes are coming with me so it should be a good move.

Your bikes are always welcome at my place :) so i know a person, who would be willing to give you a :hump: favor, for your track bike for sale. you in? :) haha

Good luck!

Tyrel

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear Sheila. Best of luck to you and the family. I will be sure to wish you a farewell in person.

good luck Sheila..... you'll definitely be missed.
I will miss you guys too.

Sheila,

UnSuk and I are really going to miss you. You hold a special place in our hearts as you were one of the first people in Colorado to be extremely welcoming when we moved here. You and your daughter will be truly missed. Good luck in TX, and you are always welcome to stay with us if you need a place when you come and visit.
Aww Patrick, I can still remember you passing me on the track in the corners (2 up). I am going to miss you and UnSuk as well.

Aww and I was just getting to know you and Amanda. Sorry to see you go. I wish I had gotten more of a chance to hang out with you both :(
There's still 3 weeks left for hanging out.

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Gonna miss you, hope it works out great for you!
Thanks Dave

Well, Texas sucks, we all know that, but I meant maybe the job thing will be better! We know the RIDING sure won't be!

Sad to see you go, you're on of the sweetest people here, by far, and we'll miss ya! Let me know if you need any help or anything. I still owe ya one for taking me to that Av's game.:)
OMG that game was so long ago I almost forgot. That was always nice whn my boss gave me his tickets.

Crazy changes, I am going to miss you a lot Sheila. Hopefully I will see you at track days. If you hit the Denver area, and need a place for you to stay, your family and/or bikes, let me know.
Thanks Diego

Oh, hell no! What gave you the idea that this was even permissible? Do you even realize how many people you are hurting by doing this? :):):)

Seriously, best of luck down there. I wish you didn't have to go and I know Susan will be really bummed when I tell her. :(

Dirk
We'll just have to get the 2 Sheila's and Susan together to have a night out before I leave.

~Barn~
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
We'll just have to get the 2 Sheila's and Susan together to have a night out before I leave.

Well heck... forget the Going Away Party! That's the night out, I want to go on! :yes:

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Like everyone said best of luck never got to meet you but its still sad to see someone go. But lately moving out of CO seems to be the thing to do lately.
There's definitely allot of people making changes now days.

Sucky. You're gonna be missed, but I guess you've picked up on that by now.

Well hey.... Two things.

1.) You're doing what you dig, and I can respect that. A little infusion of excitement in ones life never hurt anybody. And although I've never been, I hear that S.A. is beautiful.

2.) When the beauty, excitement, and novelty of it all wears off (and you have the opportunity to), you know where your friends will be waiting for you.

Here's to a change of venue.
:cheers:
Barn, I definitely know where you all are and will be back up at least to visit.

Thats it, your not allowed to leave.
Ya and your not allowed to tell me what to do.:)

Sorry to hear you are leaving us! One good thing is that if you are still going to race, the CMRA in Texas is a really big race club.
Let me know if you need any contacts. I know alot of racers down there.
Mike
Thanks Mike, Not sure if I am going to race this year but I will be doing track days and would appreciate any contacts to have someone to ride with.

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Oh Sheila.. I am sorry sorry to hear you are moving!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:We still have R2SL events!!!:):):):) Let us know if you need any help with anything!! I will sure miss you and Amanda at the track this summer!! Thanks for all the help and advice last season!
I will definitely be up for the R2SL events...and now that DK rents track bikes maybe we could get out on the track together when I come up to visit.

Dear Lord Sweet Baby Jesuz......

I don't log in for two days and look what happens. I don't want you to go Sheila, but I understand.

Yanno our Wang nights won't be the same without you. We will need to have a going away party for you, and you make sure that you get back here to visit on occassion, ok?
I know, I know, I should have said something last week when we were at your house but Amanda is having a little bit of a hard time with the move. Going away party sounds awesome, Amanda and I would like to see everyone before we leave.

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
man good luck with your move.
san antonio is really humid, but great riding 99.9% of the year.

im from a little town just north west of san antonio, called boerne. boerne lays just in the hill country and yes, south texas is very beautiful! i moved here last may. texas is cheap for steak, living, and cant beat living with family.

best of luck to you with your move and in your future. economy sucks, but life is good! keep your chin up lady.
Well I really liked it when I went to visit and the humidity can't be any worse than when I lived in OKC years ago.

plenty of racing in texas, AND NO SNOW!!!! GL out there and you will be missed. casey will miss robbin parts of your 6 too : ) j/p
Ya I even made sure I had 2 bikes close in years just so Casey could borrow parts.

Your bikes are always welcome at my place :) so i know a person, who would be willing to give you a :hump: favor, for your track bike for sale. you in? :) haha

Good luck!

Tyrel
Your a piece of work Tyrel :slap: but I still love ya. 2 of the 3 bikes are going with me baby and hopefully the '01' sells before I leave.

Slo
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Sheila, wow, sad day when you leave. I can't believe it, but sometimes a new start in a new place is what you need. Good luck to you and you still have my number, just call me up if you need help with anything.... You already know you will be missed so I will save all that mushy sh*t.....

1ofTheBoys
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Sheila, wow, sad day when you leave. I can't believe it, but sometimes a new start in a new place is what you need. Good luck to you and you still have my number, just call me up if you need help with anything.... You already know you will be missed so I will save all that mushy sh*t.....
Ya save the mushy stuff cause I don't need to fry my keyboard:cry::cry::cry: Luv ya Jay.

For any of you thinking I am going to hate Texas....here is where I am going to live.
10696[

McVaaahhh
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Best of luck to you Sheila!

Big-J
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM
San Antonio is pretty nice, I enjoyed the time I spent in the area. Hope everything works out for you, Sheila. :)

Scer
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry to hear about you leaving again. =( I will miss you but hopefully we will meet up at R2SL and maybe even some other places too. ??? I am still keeping my eye on your 01 too. =P
Oh yeah, there is a marg bar down on the river in SA you need to visit. They have over 100 different margs. I advise the mango one. Although I still wished you didn't move..

stay on stayas

dapper
Fri Jan 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It's been good having you in Colo. TX isn't the worst place to move to, but it's not Colorado. Keep in touch!

Spiderman
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said (and then some!). You'll be sorely missed!

You know how to reach me... don't hesitate if you need anything. 8)

PS: My offer still stands. ;)

1ofTheBoys
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Best of luck to you Sheila!

San Antonio is pretty nice, I enjoyed the time I spent in the area. Hope everything works out for you, Sheila. :)

Sorry to hear about you leaving again. =( I will miss you but hopefully we will meet up at R2SL and maybe even some other places too. ??? I am still keeping my eye on your 01 too. =P
Oh yeah, there is a marg bar down on the river in SA you need to visit. They have over 100 different margs. I advise the mango one. Although I still wished you didn't move..

stay on stayas

It's been good having you in Colo. TX isn't the worst place to move to, but it's not Colorado. Keep in touch!
Thanks Guys, I have a good feeling about this one and I don't think you have seen the last of me. Mango Margs are one of my favorites. I'll be sure to check it out Scer. Everyone needs to go to the next R2SL event to see me.

1ofTheBoys
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said (and then some!). You'll be sorely missed!

You know how to reach me... don't hesitate if you need anything. 8)

PS: My offer still stands. ;)

Thanks Bob, I just might take you up on your offer.

64BonnieLass
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Okie Dokie, guess I will be doing some R2SL events now.

Good lord woman, see what you are getting me into?

Sheila, I'm really going to miss you. You have been so supportive of me on the track as have others, but us girls are rare and few out there.

I will tell you again in person, but thank you from the depths of my heart for everything. Your support and help has been wonderful.

I will really miss you a lot girl. :cry:

macktastic brake grabber
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
well i dont know yopu but i wish you the best. been thinking of moving there too. san antone is a great area. nice and warm kervillr is beautiful . the texas people are warm and friendly. everyone has a hello for you. you should do weel and make many new friends. the bike scene there is over the top...
bill

macktastic brake grabber
Sat Jan 10th, 2009, 09:48 PM
btw typimg on the dark....(sp)
mack

pilot
Tue Jan 13th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Bye :(

CBRSue
Tue Jan 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hi, Sheila, I heard you were moving. :( I am soooooooooo gonna miss watching you at the track! Change can be fun - I hope tons of fun awaits you! :) Watch out Texans, here comes a super sweet and sexy, hot motorcycle mama! :eyebrows:

Sean
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
i know I've already voiced my opinion against this in person, but it still makes me sad :( You'll have a great time in TX, that's a nice area. You will be missed!

Lucky for you, I'll let you buy me a beer (or 9) at R2SL :up:

Sully
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
mmmm R2SL.... You could always go with her Sean :hibye: :D