PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed a shrtage of Top Ramen?

Devaclis
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
The gas station I was at on Friday was out

The Phillips 66 this morning was out too.

Anyone been to SAMs club lately? I am thinking of purchasing a couple of pallets of Ramen to hoard and to sell in a heavily price gouged manner.

Filo
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I have been manipulating the futures market in Ramen, both the Top and bottom types. This is nothing more than market fluctuations caused by my billions of dollars flowing in and out of the Ramen markets. I have a few million cases in my garage, if you need it.

ZX9Rider
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Have you been messing around with the ammo market too?

I`m Batman
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Go to H-Mart... they never have any shortage there...

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
The Krow_Man has consumed all the noodles.

dirkterrell
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The Krow_Man has consumed all the noodles.

I had a feeling that fucker was up to no good. That's what that "trip to Italy" was all about, wasn't it?

Dirk

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I had a feeling that fucker was up to no good. That's what that "trip to Italy" was all about, wasn't it?

Dirk

He has cornered the market. Dana is going to have to go through The Krow_Man to get is noodle fix. It shouldn't be a problem ---- if he deals in Elephant Beerz. :PD

teamhypoxia
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Well, thanks in large part to the power of suggestion, there is now one less package of Top Ramen on the global market.

puckstr
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Have you been messing around with the ammo market too?

True:shocked:

Sortarican
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Do you do all your grocery shopping at gas stations Dana?
(I only thought that happened on the Simpson's.)

Mental
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 10:22 AM
In a process called securitization, Ramen Noodles were bundled together into Ramen -Backed Securities (RBS). Essentially, banks sold the Ramen Noodles they held to third parties, and the resulting bundles of Ramen Noodles formed something resembling a mutual fund or bond. RBS earned an interest rate that was tied to the rates of the Ramen Noodles in the security. The fact that each security was a bundle of thousands of loans reduced the risk of the occasional over sale.

Early in the decade, a record percentage of Americans were Ramen consumers, but it looked like we were reaching a peak in the number of noodles people who could comfortably eat. Around the same time, the demand for RBS was growing rapidly, and the market was looking for methods of gaining greater returns from these products. The “answer” to both of these problems was the subprime sale of Top Ramen. Subprime sale made it easier for those with low incomes and/or a motorcycle addiction to get Top Ramen. In exchange for the greater risk, they carried retail prices. It seemed like a win-win situation: we’d have more consumers, and Wall Street would see higher returns on Ramen-backed securities.

For a while, it worked great. The rise of RBS coincided with a period of appreciation for cheap food. Everybody was winning: both lower-income families and upper-income owners of RBS were building wealth hand over foot. And that is exactly the point at which the cyclical nature of the cheap food sales market ruined the party. The continuing success of subprime sales relied on constant appreciation of noodle values; this allowed even subprime sales to build equity, flip their noodle stockpiles, and/or refinance their loans into more affordable fixed-rate noodle purchases. But as we all know, the market is cyclical. Appreciation couldn’t go on forever, and it didn’t.

So what happened once housing values went down? Well, things fell apart. Without continued appreciation, subprime noodle holders could no longer refinance into fixed rate purchases; soon, their rates started adjusting upwards, and their sales rates soared beyond what they could afford. Repossessions started increasing at a rapid pace, which in turn drove down noodle prices throughout the country as the supply of noodles increased. With subprime sale repo’ing at such a rapid rate, the rates of return on Ramen-backed securities also plummeted.

So now, unable to continue manufacturing at their current values, I mean really, they can’t get much cheaper, the Ramen market is at a halt until demand returns to a normal rate, and drives up the market price.

So if you’re smart, you won’t eat what you have, because in a few years, due to the shortage, you could be worth as much as 4 times what you paid. Each package could be almost a $1

salsashark
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I was at Safeway on Saturday... they had full shelves of Ramen. Better make a stop on the way home!

Wyck
Mon Jan 12th, 2009, 11:08 AM
In a process called securitization, Ramen Noodles were bundled together into Ramen -Backed Securities (RBS).....

:lol: Someone has way too much free time