PDA

View Full Version : Priller Challange Cup Bike?

12pointracing
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:14 PM
For some reason I thought I remember someone on this board has an Aprilia Challenge Cup RS250 - was that true?

I have a few questions for you...:)

-dave

T-byrd
Wed Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
I do believe that would be Rick T.

Tanya

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:05 AM
:imwithstupid: I'm not sure what the whole "Aprilia Challenge Cup" part is, but Rick T did buy an RS250. :)

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:59 AM
:imwithstupid: I'm not sure what the whole "Aprilia Challenge Cup" part is, but Rick T did buy an RS250. :)

Do a search on Google - the RS250s were brought in by MotoLiberty (I believe?) at first for a spec-type class called the Aprilia Challenge Cup. So...we have always called them "Challenge Bikes" or "Cup Bikes" to keep all of the RS250s apart (Honda has one, Aprilia has an RSV and an RSW, etc).

So, does Rick T read this section?

-d

Hoopty
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Yes he does, but he hasn't been around much lately. :dunno: Try PMing him.

Rick T.
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Hi guys... I'm here. :)

12point: Yes, I have an Aprilia RS 250. Love it... Thinking about getting one? THE source for anything Aprilia (stateside at least) is the Aprilia Forum. www.apriliaforum.com In fact, that is where I located my RS250. I'll try to answer any question you have though...

Take care.

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM
12point: Yes, I have an Aprilia RS 250. Love it... Thinking about getting one? THE source for anything Aprilia (stateside at least) is the Aprilia Forum. www.apriliaforum.com In fact, that is where I located my RS250. I'll try to answer any question you have though...

Oh yes, I read the AF1/Aprillia Forum daily just out of habbit. :)You can PM me if it is easier, but I was curious how "stock" yours was and how it adjusted to our altitude?

Also, have you (or are you going to) race it here in Colorado with the MRA?

Rick T.
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:40 AM
My RS has a full Tyga exhaust, AF1 Racing air filter, is jetted, and has several gearing options. Let's see... plus woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets. Also has a Race Tech front end. I just had a top-end rebuild done by TFOG - Scot and the boys did a great job...

The bike runs great up here. TFOG made no further adjustments to the jetting.

I am not fully commited to racing, but I do plan on a couple or so races in '05. I'm in it for the fun - it certainly takes full $$/time commitment do it 110%.

We are, however, already planning to assemble a team for the 2005 Racing 2 Save Lives event at PPIR... :)

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:47 AM
My real questions are around the bottom end. Have you had any of the problems with the crank/rods that I am reading about?

Are you going to ride the Priller in the Racing2SaveLives event? All day?? All week!? :0

Mista Black
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:52 AM
if the team is 2 strokes only i could probably talk my dad outta his RZ for a day or two (maybe)

Rick T.
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:57 AM
No problems of such, neither had the previous owner (I have all the maintenance documentation on the bike). The motor is essentially from the Suzuki RGV250, so that may be a resource area to explore. My bike, however, has had no such issues. You're welcome to take it out on the track just as soon as it warms up enough...

We plan on 2-3 days at PPIR. Yes, I'll be on the RS250.

12pointracing
Thu Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:08 AM
hmm - well, great to hear you are having no problems. :) The apriliaforum board members must be building their bikes pretty hard, and since I have seen so few here in Colorado, I was curious what the deal was.

The next warm track day you do, let me know. I have done my time racing TZ250s (and am not ready to go back just yet!) but I would LOVE to throw a leg over a 'Priller and see what I missed out on when I decided not to go chase the "Challenge Cup" series back in 2001 (or whatever year it was the biggest there...).

(To this day I regret not buying one and racing that series...)

-d