PDA

View Full Version : Be nice to someone today

Devaclis
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I have a tough time with this. I have been in a bad mood for about 4 years. I can't shake it. I dislike most people, want a lot of people to encounter physical harm, wish it was legal for me to murder others. I just have a generally bad outlook on humanity.

Today I was headed back from the Springs, in a bad mood, to meet the wife for lunch. We had a normal lunch. Could have been better if I was not in a pissy mood, like most of our lunches for the past few years. I dropped her off after we ate and headed back into work. I pulled into our garage to park the work truck and could not find a damned spot anywhere in the DTC metro area. I drove to the roof of the garage. Parked the car, got out, and just sat in the sun for about 5 minutes to wind down and decide if I should jump off or not.

I hear footsteps in the stairwell and then the door opens. this middle aged lady walks over and starts talking to me. I REALLY want her to fuck off. I don't want to be around people. She said she noticed me from the window in the 8th floor of our building and she wondered if I was ok (I was lying on the tarmac, arms and legs spread, just staring at the sky and soaking in the sun. I told her I was just trying to get my mood right before I went back to work. She said I looked like I needed a break and laughed at me stating "I was doing the exact same thing you are about 6 months ago. Have you thought about jumping off the roof?" I told her "Yeah".

She said she was going home for the day and she happened to have a nice parking spot on the ground floor. If I drive her down there I could have it. SCORE!!! She was just really nice. It made my day. I stopped hating people for a little bit. It made me feel pretty good. I even smiled all the way back into work.

Be nice to someone today.

TFOGGuys
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
BRAVO!

Many people who know me will find this hard to believe, but I really try to go out of my way to be nice, particularly to strangers. Sometimes, I get the feeling I may have prevented an axe murder, just by smiling at someone and saying "Good morning!" and meaning it!

puckstr
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Most days I want to kick children. I will try to be nice...

Spy007
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM
gay

~Barn~
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Shut the fuck up, Dana.

puckstr
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dana quitting smoking can cause MASSIVE mood swings. Hang in there.

salsashark
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Should have pushed her off the roof... then you could have her car and her parking spot

puckstr
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Should have pushed her off the roof... then you could have her car and her parking spot

You SICK Bastard....

You ninja'd me. I was thinking that very thought..:)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I really can't stand depressed people. It makes me want to give them a Columbian Necktie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_necktie).

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the nice story, Dana...all you other posters need to take a flying leap...oh and I mean that in the nicest way possible:makeout:

I'm not sarcastic enough, nor bitter enough to want to post mean ol stuff just for the fun of it...whew...glad I got that off my chest, cuz I've been feeling like Dana for a while now too.

Ok and now for the "gay" statement...I think a lot of the time, people are just mean and nasty because it's easier to be that way instead of get your heart broke. But, instead, you get what you dish out...more mean and nasty stuff to fill your cup. Personally, although I haven't wanted to admit to it lately, I still would rather fill my cup with nice, rather than nasty.

Have a nice day:)

Snowman
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
So where did you bury the bodies of these people?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'm Mean & Nasty and my cup runneth over :twisted:

salsashark
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
We'll drag you down eventually Cathy... :devious:

sorry... I've been stuck in a building with no windows since 7 this morning... if there was a clock tower within walking distance... :sniper:

I'll be outta here soon and all will be well again!

Devaclis
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I love all you guys. I am hugging you right now. Someone got a free grab too. Be nice.

McVaaahhh
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I would've run your ass over lying in the middle of the road like that...

Mother Goose
If Jeff was an item on McDonald's menu, he'd be a McNasty w/ cheese.

http://www.foundshit.com/images/signage032.jpg

64BonnieLass

Teddy Bear is more like it.

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Actually I think I'm suffering from some sort of disorder...a disengagement-type of disorder, or a loss of 2-wheeled limb sort of disorder. My brain keeps piling up all these crazy ideas and thoughts and I haven't been out riding for what seems like eons....I'm getting overloaded and I need to disengage.:crazy:

C'mon warm weather...you know you can do it Mother Nature...do it, do it, do it...

Sortarican
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
IBe nice to someone today.

If I have to......I guess:
http://www.sweetandbitter.com/inside/images/hang_in_there-thumb.jpg
(Note that it's neddle point....for added gayness.)

And for the cynics out there:
http://site.despair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/giveup.jpg

64BonnieLass
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
And if I read one more "I am have 2 yrs expernce in Informatica. You have me with on team, I'm beddy beddy pleased to talk on you" Resume....I"m going to HUG india in a not so nice way....:banghead: :scream2:

Devaclis
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You guys think I am joking huh? Nope. It was nice. Now, you are all on my list. I will kill, er...SEE you all later.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:32 PM
If Jeff was an item on McDonald's menu, he'd be a McNasty w/ cheese.

http://www.foundshit.com/images/signage032.jpg

The new phone book is here! THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE!

THAT MICKY-D's IS IN FUCKIN CANADIA :321:

Snowman
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You guys think I am joking huh? Nope. It was nice. Now, you are all on my list. I will kill, er...SEE you all later.It's called having a mid-life crisis...

Suki
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
told you fuckers god is a chic!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
You guys think I am joking huh? Nope. It was nice. Now, you are all on my list. I will kill, er...SEE you all later.

D ---- have you ever heard of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf_-_Project_Gutenberg_etext_19994.jpg

Shea
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Great story mang. Cheer up :)

JohnEffinK
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Dana,

WTF? You should be happy - you got to come down to our little oasis today called Colorado Springs.

John

SaShWhO
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I say

:siesta:SMP

Slo
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'm gonna go home and kick my dog....

J/K he'd probably drag me around the house then for doing it.

Wyck
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Awww you just gave me warm fuzzies :)

ghost-whiner
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the post..

even if it sent me to a higher level of "Angry at the world" tourettes. It makes me want believe that nice goes on in the world... not that Im believing that now but I really wanted to...

Im going to go kick a kitten now

Sweetie Pie
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It's called SAD - Seasonal Attitude Disorder. It's caused by a lack of sunshine and not enough good riding weather. On a brighter note, it's supposed to be in the 60s on Monday and thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr., I have Monday off of work. Time to get happy, ride my bike, and be nice to everyone!!

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have a tough time with this. I have been in a bad mood for about 4 years. I can't shake it. I dislike most people, want a lot of people to encounter physical harm, wish it was legal for me to murder others. I just have a generally bad outlook on humanity.

It's called SAD - Seasonal Attitude Disorder. It's caused by a lack of sunshine and not enough good riding weather.

Damn, Dana...that's one heckuva long ass SAD season...shite, no wonder.

On a brighter note....s'posed to be in the mid-fiddy's this weekend and since I decided to work on Monday so I can make it a floating holiday when the fucking nice ass weather decides to show it's shiney face again, I can make the time off worth every damn second.

Meh...cussing doesn't work with me either.;)

I love all you guys. I am hugging you right now. Someone got a free grab too. Be nice.

Oh and I have to ask...so, Jeff was it as good for you as it was for Dana?

ihavealegohead
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hey if you see that lady again, tell her she's fucking weird for comming down 8 floors to find out why you are making snow angels and giving up a perfectly good parking spot. She didn't even offer to give you a hand job, WTF is wrong with people?

FZRguy
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Shit mang, I'm just happy to be walkin', talkin', and still employed. :roll:

DevilsTonic
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear that i'm not the only one that hates people. :)

Dana, i think it has a lot to do with what we do for a living...but i could be wrong.

siriuschris
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Shit mang, I'm just happy to be walkin', talkin', and still employed. :roll:

I hear that.

But I'm still a really hateful person at times.
Enough injustice in one's life has that influence.

Ceez
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I really can't stand depressed people. It makes me want to give them a Columbian Necktie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_necktie).

Oh the Colombian Necktie, my father used to tell me stories of the Colombian Necktie when I was just a lil nino. The good ol days.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Oh the Colombian Necktie, my father used to tell me stories of the Colombian Necktie when I was just a lil nino. The good ol days.

Niņo and C_N should have no association in this topic. Sometime you think your all fucked up then you hear stories like this. :no:

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ah hell, here I go again...

We're all human. We all deal with our own inner battles. It's those battles that we think no one else in the world could understand, so we keep them hidden inside and fear saying anything because of possible ridicule. But, when you think about it...like Dana's "watcher" did...we all deal with stuff and deserve a little sunshine in our day, no matter how slight.

Another way to put it...we can choose to be unhappy, or we can choose to create our own happiness as hard and stupid as it sounds, it is possible, because it comes from within.

...Sigh...sunshine, sunshine, sunshine...

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I will be happy on Friday morning and for the four days after that.

http://tellurideskiresort.com/TellSki/info/photo_gallery.aspx

Play it at full screen for max effect.

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Beautiful. I've never been that far into the mountains during winter, but that was amazing. Hope you enjoy yourself.

UglykidJoe
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Please define "middle aged".

Devaclis
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 07:30 AM
About 55

puckstr
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I have started to be nice at work this morning.... I flushed

Spy007
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the nice story, Dana...all you other posters need to take a flying leap...oh and I mean that in the nicest way possible:makeout:

I'm not sarcastic enough, nor bitter enough to want to post mean ol stuff just for the fun of it...whew...glad I got that off my chest, cuz I've been feeling like Dana for a while now too.

Ok and now for the "gay" statement...I think a lot of the time, people are just mean and nasty because it's easier to be that way instead of get your heart broke. But, instead, you get what you dish out...more mean and nasty stuff to fill your cup. Personally, although I haven't wanted to admit to it lately, I still would rather fill my cup with nice, rather than nasty.

Have a nice day:)

No ... I really meant I think he's gay. He touched my butt in an inappropriate way the other night.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
No ... I really meant I think he's gay. He touched my butt in an inappropriate way the other night.

You were nice to him by allowing him to do that. :slappers:

Spiderman
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Shit mang, I'm just happy to be walkin', talkin', and still employed.
That's my take on life now... (with a slight modification to "and employed again" :) )...

I was chatting with Clarkie last week, and he put it into words that kinda ring true for me too - something like this:

'Each day is a one more that I wasn't supposed to have.'

Having a near-death experience will do that tho, and very few people go thru that, but it puts things into perspective... and I've found that the more you take for granted, the more you'll find to complain about. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's not worth the stress.

Today, and everyday, is a great day to be alive! 8)

TFOGGuys
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
'Each day is a one more that I wasn't supposed to have.'

Having a near-death experience will do that tho, ....

Today, and everyday, is a great day to be alive! 8)

A near death experience..... you mean like answering truthfully when your significant other asks"Does this (insert article of clothing here)make my ass look fat?"

Spiderman
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
:lol: No, because the truthful answer is:

"No honey, of course not...
your fat ass makes your ass look fat."

:twisted:

Devaclis
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
You woke up alive today. Pretty sweet huh?

Spiderman
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yup! And (an added bonus), I didn't wake up in jail either! http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/woot.gif

:D

asp_125
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM
... nobody's shooting at me, and I have a job.

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM
... nobody's shooting at me
You're not do'n it right.

work hard, play hard, and don't be a bastard to the ones you love. If you don't find any fun in that then take a ten foot stroll off a five foot pier.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You woke up alive today. Pretty sweet huh?

It's all relative.

Keepitgreen
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Speaking of which.
I was nice yesterday to two friends who had never heard of 2 girls 1 cup..
I am still smiling and giggling now and then.. Priceless..

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Speaking of which.

Gross. Leave me out of this.

TFOGGuys
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's all relative.

You woke up with your relative? :wtf: I didn't know you were from Alabama....

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM

When your family tree is a donut .......

Sortarican
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
It's called SAD - Seasonal Attitude Disorder....

My SAD season is almost over.
The sun is out when I leave for work again, and getting close to being out on the drive home.
That makes a huge difference in my attitude.

I'm kinda proud of my behavior this winter.
Especially since I didn't get to hunt this year which is usually my main outlet for primeval urges to kill something.
I really expected to have been in a bar fight or road rage incident by now.
Staying away from the gin helped, but using Chris, Lindsey, Dana, and The Pie as emmotional puching bags was a great outlet.
You guys rock!

Devaclis
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Jeff, we noticed and were really happy too :)

Glad you had a good winter, you needed one.

64BonnieLass
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I get it pretty bad too every winter. I'm simply a much happier and productive person when there is more sushine and lovely, wonderful, warmth.

I'm very "solar-powered". Always have been.

Sortarican
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM

I think it was all that time I spent with the Dalai Lama that did the trick......or getting laid regularly.

They both seem to have positive effects.:)

Now come over here so I can punch you in the face ya big lug.

puckstr
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Speaking of which.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/magickarl/TwoGirlsOneCup.png

mtnairlover
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Just found this...

Be kind, everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of battle. (Plato)

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:39 AM

+1!

Heffay, we're your friends mang! That's what we do! Now that'll be $3,750.00. No checks. YOU PAY NOW!! /angly asian accent :D

Mental
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Speaking of which.

http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/28328-1/2girls.jpg

Sortarican
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:44 AM
..... YOU PAY NOW!! /angly asian accent :D

And den?

dirkterrell
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
And den?

All your bases are belong to us.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
No Bases! I mean And Den! No And Den! DAMNIT!

Snowman
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
“There are more possibilities than you can see, so go and find them.”

No ones future has been written. Even those who tell you what is gong to happen next are guessing. If you want it to be a good day then you will make the choices to make it one. Also if you want to be sad most have the tendency to find ways to make that happen as well. You have more control over your future than you think.

salsashark
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM
"The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Keepitgreen
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/magickarl/TwoGirlsOneCup.png

That's what I was talking about.
Is there something else that I don't know about?

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 01:17 AM
That's what I was talking about.
Is there something else that I don't know about?

And it degrades to a point beyond comprehension. The last post, lame as it is, was posted at Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM. Nothing more. Speaks volumes ................ (not directed at Devaclis period)

Poor ---------- :banghead:

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM
K, I was all be nice to someone yesterday, but today, I'm gonna go the opposite direction and cave some F@CK!NG heads in. :banghead::x:mwave::zap::nuke::sniper::guns: :scream1:

King Nothing
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM
blah blah blahfag

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:58 AM
K, I was all be nice to someone yesterday, but today, I'm gonna go the opposite direction and cave some F@CK!NG heads in. :banghead::x:mwave::zap::nuke::sniper::guns: :scream1:

Wake up on the wrong end of the spacetime continuum this morning, Chris?

Maybe you just need a kittah pic?
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/funny-pictures-baby-changed-his-dad-into-a-cat.jpg

Devaclis
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I'm havin' a pretty good day today. I feel like a mental health patient recovering from bi-polar disorder. I do have my good days and my bad days. Sweetie Pie got me a book called "attitude is everything" I am gonna hit that this weekend and see if I can discover what makes my inner asshole want to be an outward dickhead.

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-your-cat-has-found-jesus.jpg

Devaclis
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
fag

Dude, I had a dream last night I was eating my microwaved pork rinds and squeeze cheese and YOU were there!! We were watching Voltron followed by GI Joe followed by He-man. I was commenting on how Man at Arms was a pussy and that She-Ra could kick his ass and you were defending him as 2nd most badass next to He-Man. I then whiped you in the face with a piece of black licorice and called you my ho hahaha Dude, it was sooo funny :)

Spiderman
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
:pointlaugh:

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Wake up on the wrong end of the spacetime continuum this morning, Chris?
I was FINE. Until I got to work and realized that, for Christmas, I should've asked for the ability to make people's heads blow up instead of asking for a digital camera...

The unbridled capacity for human stupidity makes me feel small in the universe...

puckstr
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I was FINE. Until I got to work and realized that, for Christmas, I should've asked for the ability to make people's heads blow up instead of asking for a digital camera...

The unbridled capacity for human stupidity makes me feel small in the universe...

Scanners?
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-02-06-scanners.jpg

King Nothing
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Dude, I had a dream last night I was eating my microwaved pork rinds and squeeze cheese and YOU were there!! We were watching Voltron followed by GI Joe followed by He-man. I was commenting on how Man at Arms was a pussy and that She-Ra could kick his ass and you were defending him as 2nd most badass next to He-Man. I then whiped you in the face with a piece of black licorice and called you my ho hahaha Dude, it was sooo funny :)Dude I had the same dream except Abe Lincoln was there and was having sex with your cat. Weird.

puckstr
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Dude I had the same dream except Abe Lincoln was there and was having sex with your cat. Weird.

Dude Abe is a MO

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Scanners?
yeah, THAT. Where do I get that? I'll make a special trip during my f'ing lunch break. :guns:

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Maybe what you need is one of those remote control fart machines, only hack it to activate a stun gun, then hide it in the offending idiot's office chair.....That's SURE to put a smile on your face :)

puckstr
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
yeah, THAT. Where do I get that? I'll make a special trip during my f'ing lunch break. :guns:

I think the ability was a birth defect caused by a prescription drug

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
f%ck.

Spiderman
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM
It's all relative.

Is it Alabama, or Arkansas?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/Funny/luvmysis.jpg

Sorry for resurrecting this thread... I knew I had this on my computer at home, but haven't been able to post it until now... I searched the web extensively, but couldn't find it, so I'm only getting around to posting it tonight. 8)