PDA

View Full Version : Mortality......

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
.....we don't often think about it, especially our own. But, I got some very sad, shocking, and disturbing news today. An old G/F of mine (dated for a few years) from back in '85-ish died "suddenly" (whatever that means) Dec 22nd. She was only 40! I'm going to contact her family back in SoCal and see if I can't find out some more info about the cause of death if possible. "Suddenly" usually means an autopsy is performed.

I hadn't talked to her since '91 when I left SoCal, and always wondeered how she was doing.

Anyways, it's kinda weird, and sad, and I really feel for her mom, who's now lost both her husband and youngest daughter within the last 8 years or so.

RIP Kimmer.......:(

Enjoy life as much as you can , guys, as every day brings us one day closer to death.......

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of a friend, Frank.:(

I lost my brother 12 days after his 31st birthday...and then my grandmother 7 weeks later. It was the worst year of my life...nothing in my life has compared to 1994. What I learned from their passing is that no matter how freaked you are about something, no matter how afraid you are that you will be ridiculed...speak your mind...let things go and move on. And yes...live.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry for your loss. I guess it part of being a FOG.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM
....nice to know that there are 2 people here with class........

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Frank,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've had the unfortunate experience to lose my mom and 2 close friends, all in about 9 months. I would not live through 98 again for anything. 2005 sucked too, lost my best friend since junior high school. Try riding....it seems to help.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Frank,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've had the unfortunate experience to lose my mom and 2 close friends, all in about 9 months. I would not live through 98 again for anything. 2005 sucked too, lost my best friend since junior high school. Try riding....it seems to help.
Now 3 people with class. Thanks guys.

She had 3 kids now left motherless. I wouldn't really call it MY loss per se, as I hadn't spoken to her in years, but it does give you pause when someone younger than you dies "suddenly" like that, and I DO feel for her and her family. I was actually pretty close to her dad, even after we broke up. Like one minute you're eating a bowl of chili and the next you're face down in it. I'm trying to contact her surviving family to wish them the best. Left messages, but haven't talked to them yet.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry for your loss, Frank.

It's unfortunate that it often takes a loss or scare to remind us of what we've had all along.