PDA

View Full Version : How about some riding this weekend?

Vehicle 1
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I am sure we could get away with a mellow Canyon ride this weekend.

Is anyone planning on riding? I would love to get out for a longer ride than my commutes... What say you?

We could meet where convenient...

Diego.

*****EDIT*****

For everyone that wants to join us at Golden or Boulder here is what is going on:

Jay and I are going to leave from the 7/11, Intersection of Washington St. and Hwy 93 in Golden, at about 9:15 AM on Sunday. We will then meet everyone else in Boulder, at the Amante Cafe up on Broadway in N Boulder; the idea is to leave the Café at about 10 AM.

Come to either of these spots and we should be good to go!

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I am definitely game for Sunday, probably not Saturday, we will see.....

Anywhere in particular?

dirkterrell
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sunday would be better for me too.

Dirk

Vehicle 1
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sunday it is!

As far as roads go, HWY 7 & 36 are typically cleaner than other roads around that area. So maybe staying North and hitting those roads there would work better. I am open to any route though.

By the way, I will probably ride Sat. too, so if anyone else feels like riding then, post it up! Maybe bear creek to Deckers? Anyone got a road report around that area?

D.

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Ohhh, highway 7, I am always game for that!!!!

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm in! As long as the weather is above 50! Where's the meet. 7 is a blast!

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Everyone want to meet at Amante Cafe up on Broadway in N Boulder? And us southies can meet up down this way and ride up together to Boulder?

What's a good time for everyone to leave Boulder at?

mtnairlover
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Mmmm...someone said "hwy7".....:hump:

I might just have to drag a friend of mine up through those twisties for some unmitigated curve slicin' fun:drool:

Vehicle 1
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
We can meet at the 7/11 in N. Golden (93 with Washington St.) at like 9, leave by 9:15ish and ride on 93 together to Boulder, then leave Boulder at about 10? just a thought...

D.

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Game on!!! Diego I will meet you there, just text me if plans on your end change. Is this the same Washington that we had pizza at the other day? I take it that it's just a little further north on that same road?

Vehicle 1
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Game on!!! Diego I will meet you there, just text me if plans on your end change. Is this the same Washington that we had pizza at the other day? I take it that it's just a little further north on that same road?
Yep, just go North on Washington and you will run into Hwy 93, and the 7/11 on the NE side of the intersection. Or I would just do hwy 6 W or C470, to 93 N, to the intersection with Washington (downtown Golden and Washington st. are a mess with all the construction there).

asp_125
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... highway 7 huh? Might have to ditch skiing for this.

suzinpink
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
really... just leave the southern people of this...Jay you're by me now why you planning boulder?

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 02:32 PM
highway 7 is always usually clean..... ;)

You coming along??

Ceez
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
LUCKY...you kids have fun and someone please take pics and post them for those of us that are without bike can day dream! Be safe kiddos.

Sully
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I think I'll check it out on Monday :hump: Ride safe kids !

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I think I'll check it out on Monday :hump: Ride safe kids !

AWWWW...come on! I haven't ridden with you since I crashed. Lol. It will be fun:shocked:

jaredm85
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Im in .... ive been itchin to ride in the group again! woo

madvlad
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
sure I'm in too, what the hell lol

Slo
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hey anyone riding on Sunday with us, we have a small group leaving Littleton Starbucks (wadsworth & bowles) @ 0845 to meet with Diego (vehicle1) up in golden.

Some of us early birds that need some "wake me up" will be meeting at 0815 to take our time.....

Sean
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I've got a flat back tire, otherwise I would be in fo sho. Besides, it's such a far ride to meet you at Amante, a whole 3 min :) Have fun and be safe!

Slo
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I've got a flat back tire, otherwise I would be in fo sho. Besides, it's such a far ride to meet you at Amante, a whole 3 min :) Have fun and be safe!

Damn man, call around see if someone has a usable decent tire!!!

Sean
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Damn man, call around see if someone has a usable decent tire!!!
Bitch, moan, bitch, moan.....jeesh, what, are we dating? If you want, I'll ride your new sexy bike and you can ride in back? :slappers:

I've got a tire, I just have to wait for my rear spools to come in, so I can prop it up and take off the back tire to go get it changed. I'll have to jump on the next ride.

Slo
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Damn, didn't know you wanted me to be pokin around Sean....

Danjo
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'll meet you all up in Golden - be there about 9:05am

suzinpink
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
If I am awake and my bf is worn out I'll meet you all for a quick ride, but don't wait for me

OUTLAWD
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I may have to ditch snowboarding and tag along...

Anyone coming from up north? I'm in FoCo.

AlbinoBlack303
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Brand new to this site... We've got some heads over on gixxer.com talkin about a sunday ride too. Maybe we can all meet up.

TFOGGuys
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Sean, drag that thing down here tomorrow....I'm sure I can patch it up for ya

daemon
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I may have to ditch snowboarding and tag along...

Anyone coming from up north? I'm in FoCo.
i'm gonna head outta greeley around noonish!!!

and run pinewood and then on to 7.
meet up at sandy's conoco at or around 12:30....

northies speak up!!!

mtnairlover
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I might see ya on the road somewhere between here and there...but, I've gotta meet up with someone else first. I might let ya know where I'm at sometime during the day, daemon;-)

daemon
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
where the hell is my hug????:leghump:

let me know where you will be.
i'm gonna be a free spirit for awhile tomorrow and i wanna kill some time during the warm hours....
get more accustomed to my suit

Sean
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Damn, didn't know you wanted me to be pokin around Sean....Please don't ever put "you", "me" and "pokin" in the same sentence again! :scream1:

Sean, drag that thing down here tomorrow....I'm sure I can patch it up for yaThanks Jim! :up: The only other aspect I neglected to bitch about is time, or the lack of :banghead: If there's anyway I can drag that beat up girl down there I will, but it's not lookin good yet.

daemon
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
sean,
i almost always have a few "patchable" spares laying around at my house!!!
just call me next time you are in despair.

i'm sure TFOG can fix anything i have laying around....

Please don't ever put "you", "me" and "pokin" in the same sentence again! :scream1:

Thanks Jim! :up: The only other aspect I neglected to bitch about is time, or the lack of :banghead: If there's anyway I can drag that beat up girl down there I will, but it's not lookin good yet.

GhettoChild
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hey anyone riding on Sunday with us, we have a small group leaving Littleton Starbucks (wadsworth & bowles) @ 0845 to meet with Diego (vehicle1) up in golden.

Some of us early birds that need some "wake me up" will be meeting at 0815 to take our time.....

Alright, see you there.

OUTLAWD
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Is the plan still to meet at amante in boulder and take off by 10?

I'll try to make it there a bit earlier, I'll be on my old man sport tourer.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM

I have a T-Rex Stand you can borrow to get it off and put back on. PM me and I'll meet ya!

asp_125
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Is the plan still to meet at amante in boulder and take off by 10?

I'll try to make it there a bit earlier, I'll be on my old man sport tourer.

That's where I'll be for breakfast.

Repsol a095
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM

What is with you and the flat tires? If you need a tire mounted, I have a machine. Let me know if you need any help.

GixxerCarrie
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
See you all in the morning!!!!

dirkterrell
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'll see you guys at Amante.

Dirk

asp_125
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the southies are headed to Estes for lunch. Might want to give that some thought as we leave Boulder.

SaShWhO
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
myself and a few quasi-northies are toying with a Estes lunch ride so we might see some of you cool kats up there or hopefully at least along the way!!.

happy sunday

Sean
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM
sean,
i almost always have a few "patchable" spares laying around at my house!!!
just call me next time you are in despair.

I have a T-Rex Stand you can borrow to get it off and put back on. PM me and I'll meet ya!

What is with you and the flat tires? If you need a tire mounted, I have a machine. Let me know if you need any help.
Thanks everybody. I've got it covered, just have to wait for the spools and then throw it on the rear stand (thanks Sash!) But I appreciate everybody willing to help out :up: Don't worry, y'all will have plenty of chances to pass me in the future months :(

And Patrick....I know, wtf? I wasn't even anywhere near Warren? I guess when you ride as supremely awesome as I do, you go through tires quicker than everybody else? :turtle:

Hope every body had a fun and safe ride today :rock:

GixxerCarrie
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The ride rocked...Thanks Jay and Diego for setting it all up! I had a blast!

dirkterrell
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Good ride today and quite a turnout. Glad everybody could make it.

Dirk

Slo
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM
man what an awesome day free hand warmers in the morning great seeing old faces and meeting new people!

OUTLAWD
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Awesome ride today! It was nice meeting and riding with everyone.

Here's a shot of everyone up at 7 & 72

daemon
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
glad everyone had a good time.
here's my shot from 7 after i took off before you guy's.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9345/p1180011ne9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Snowman
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Not a bad turn out for a ride in the middle of JANUARY.

Sort of made Ed’s Café’s day when they started with a table for 6 and ended with somewhere near 30. Anyone get a head count?

DK74
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, it was nice meeting you all... 7 was a blast. Can't wait til the next run....

Vehicle 1
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Definitely a great day/ride. The roads were actually in pretty good condition.

Thanks everyone for being safe.

D.

Think
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Not a bad turn out for a ride in the middle of JANUARY.

Sort of made Ed’s Café’s day when they started with a table for 6 and ended with somewhere near 30. Anyone get a head count?
There were 5 or 6 at the first table, 3 at mine, 4 at the next, 4 at the next, 4 or 5 people sitting at the island, and then another 5 or 6 at the bar.