PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 1/17 Deer Creek ride

GregsGSXR
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Probably leaving 10:00 from wadsworth and C-470 going up deer creek to conifer, back down Morrison canyon and stop for lunch at morrison inn. I need a canyon report if anyone has one. Want to meet some place else let me know. Just an update, this will not be a fast ride, there is a long Summer ahead and I don't fully trust the roads yet.

Slo
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
ill have to pass on this one but will catch another ride in the future

Speedwagon
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Probably leaving 10:00 from wadsworth and C-470 going up deer creek to conifer, back down Morrison canyon and stop for lunch at morrison inn. I need a canyon report if anyone has one. Want to meet some place else let me know.

I might join you, depending on how things go with this new bike. I work at Lockheed, so I can drive through the canyon tomorrow on my way to work and see how it is.

GregsGSXR
Thu Jan 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Good looking out. That would be really cool.

Speedwagon
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Drove through part of it today(went from Ken Caryl down past the LM Deer creek facility), and it looked alright. Still some sand near the yellow and white lines, but the majority of the roadway was clear.

Still need to do some work on this bike, so don't wait for me tomorrow, as I'm not sure if I'll have it ready or not. If I'm coming, I'll be there by 10(I live about 5 minutes away) on this YZF.

suzinpink
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
where on wads and 470 are you meeeting?

mastap07
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
just so yall know they street swept deer creek canyon today but there are still a few spots w some gravel...

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry all... I am going to have to kill the Deer Creek ride tomorrow. If you are still interested in riding here is the new route, leaving 9:00AM. Santa Fe south to Sedalia > Hwy 105 South to Palmer lake> I 25 to Garden of the Gods> Manitou Springs Hwy 24 to Woodland Park> Hwy 67 through Deckers up to Pine Junction> 285 Back to C-470. I am going with someone on a DRZ-400 so it won't be a fast trip. I do not know how to change the title of this thread so it is going to be wrong.

64BonnieLass
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Be safe everyone and watch the sand. Greg let us know how deckers looks.

:)

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I am going to go slow enough to react to road conditions and look around a little bit.

64BonnieLass
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I will be passing people going the opposite direction tomorrow. It's gonna be a nice weekend. I gave up on Palmer lake though, it's too cold up there for my liking right now.

But Greg, you have a nice route, did you post that in the other thread about CO routes, that someone had posted last week?

I thought that was a great thread for all of us. I can't remember it's exact title though

GregsGSXR
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I like the route but I didn't post it on the CO rides thread. It gives you a little bit of everything.

GregsGSXR
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Getting ready to leave now. I will post a ride report in canyon carving when I get back.