PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the best price, bostrom leather, boots, gloves.

trent7276
Wed Jun 18th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Hi, I'm new to the area. I've been to Faye Myers. I tried to get them to pay the tax (because the internet prices don't charge me that) and they wouldn't. I was trying to buy full leathers, boots and gloves all at once too! Over $1200 bucks worth of stuff!

Does anyone know where the cheapest place is for the following....internet or local...I've been looking too but are not that familiar with both.

- 2 piece ALPINESTARS RED/BLK Bostrom Leathers Replica Size US 42
- ALPINESTARS GP Plus Gloves in XL
- ALPINESTARS SMX-PLUS boots in 45 Black

Thanks to anyone who can shoot me a price on these or let me know where I can score a deal...

Big-J
Wed Jun 18th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Check out the home page and under Web Resources at the bottom should be a link that says shopping!! Try Performance Cycle of Broadway just norht of Evans also.
I am hearing more and more bad things about Fays, I personally have never had any trouble with them cuz I do all my biz through a good friend who works there. He even hooks it up with his employee discount. Anyway, do you remember who you were dealing with?? Cuz I could talk to my buddy and tell him they got people there driving biz away from them.

Erratic
Wed Jun 18th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Try Newenough.com I don't think they have the suit but gloves and boots. They usually have good prices and they will make deals.

trent7276
Wed Jun 18th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Yea, it was a blonde girl about 20-30 years old, around 145 pounds that works the small counter right next to the leathers. She would run back to the manager behind the main counter to get permission on the offers...which he was denying. Can your buddy hook me up? By the way, the short brunette girl that wears the hats all the time and the low rise pants with a tan is H.O.T.

Trent

trent7276
Wed Jun 18th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Here's another mystery. On the Alpinestars suit I tried on a size 40/50 and it fits good. But according to their size chart it shouldn't. I should need a 42/52. AGV has the same size chart and I have a 42/52 AGV suit but it's too small! I wish Fay had a 42 I could try on. I tried the 44 and it was too big. The 40 seems to fit good. Does Alpinestars really run a little bigger than AGV I wonder? How do your suits fit? Maybe the Alpine is a better more customed fit and more comfortable and thats why it feels better. Hmmmm

Hoopty
Thu Jun 19th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Can your buddy hook me up? By the way, the short brunette girl that wears the hats all the time and the low rise pants with a tan is H.O.T.

Tell Paul you're on esportbike and he'll give you a 10% discount. :up: And YES, there are some HOTTIES working there! :shock:

Big-J
Thu Jun 19th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Trent , like Hoopty said ask for Paul! Are you on esportbike??I do know what girls you are talking about! Thats the other thing I go and look at, at Fay's. Besides bikes and gear :D
I personally like Alpinestars!! Brand sizes are not all the same size even though the tag says it is. I thought for some reason Alpinestars was a smaller fit, compaired to other brands. Good luck finding one!! :up:

trent7276
Thu Jun 19th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, thanks. I went to Fay to get the leathers but Paul couldn't do anything on them due to the fact they were already 300 dollars off. He did throw in a free Colin Edwards 2002 shirt though! I got Sidi Vertebra 2 boots and gloves at Performance Cycle since Fay didn't carry them. Fay isn't too bad I guess if you deal with Paul, he's cool, the rest mostly are crap...except for the HOTTIES! THanks again to this board I've saved money on bike upgrades at TFOG and new apparel in this town.

Hoopty
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Paul really knows his sh!t about bikes too. Especially Gixxers and Kwackers. He does talk a bit slow, but he's truly is a smart guy with TONS of bike experience. :up: I love the guys over at TFOG as well!

Big-J
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Glad we could be of some help to ya trent!! :up: