PDA

View Full Version : Watkins 01/19

FZRguy
Fri Jan 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Watkins will be open for the holiday if anyone wants to join us. Should be out there around 12. $20 membership plus $10 day fee required for all riders.

http://www.watkinsmotocross.com/

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM
So it will now cost me $30 for one day or $40 for two. Well, I guess I'll never ride there again (not like I really did anyways). I don't think making people buy a membership, if they only ride there once or twice a year, is a smart idea.

They should just charge non-members like they do the out-of-town people.

...and I was actually thinking about joining ya John.

FZRguy
Sat Jan 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, too bad they dropped the day fee. Watkins is under new ownership and they have been making some improvements for the better. I ride there year-round so it’s no diff for me.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Dean, you can still just pay the day fee of $15 if you ride Watkins infrequently. I actually went out there today rather than Monday. Good thing, as I heard it was crowded and the wind almost blew the track away yesterday. It was awesome today...big track was watered, preped and only about a dozen riders.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Dean, you can still just pay the day fee of $15 if you ride Watkins infrequently. I actually went out there today rather than Monday. Good thing, as I heard it was crowded and the wind almost blew the track away yesterday. It was awesome today...big track was watered, preped and only about a dozen riders.
Cool! They should make that clear on their website!!

Dude!! I went to fly my heli's and the wind was so strong the choppers wouldn't sit still even not powered up. No way could I even hover!!

Cat118!
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Dean let me know when you go... I wanna join

oh wait never mind...

firefghtr
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 06:48 PM
no one missed anything it was so f'n windy i rode a half hour and left. almost 0 visibility at times. stupid wind and sand