PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration Concert on HBO

Dizzy D
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Anyone else watch this today? Man does Garth Brooks know how to bring the house down! (or the Lincoln Memorial)

Man do I wish he was still touring. I love that guy!

King Nothing
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I don't know what annoys me more, the person being inaugurated or the media's constant orgasms about the inauguration.

Shea
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I don't know what annoys me more, the person being inaugurated or the media's constant orgasms about the inauguration.

:imwithstupid:

mtnairlover
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Missed the concert. My Dad was in Europe for the past couple of months. He was all excited to be coming home before the 20th. He makes me laugh. This coming from a man who was a staunch Republican in his early years. He's never explained what it was that made him switch, but I can't see him any other way.

I love living now...at this moment...

It's not because the man is a Democrat. It's because we got to the point where the majority of Americans said enough is enough and we feel the best person for the job is an African American. I think I feel differently than you Doug, because I grew up in the 60s and felt the hatred. I just never, ever imagined Americans would get to this point in my lifetime.

Of all the country singers, Garth is the only one I could sit and watch in concert and not want to walk out...oooh baby;-)

King Nothing
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I still don't think he's the best person for the job. For the record, neither was McCain.

The Black Knight
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I guess what gets me is that people are so pathetically naive to think that "ONE" man can fix everything. This country is so jacked up right now and it's going to sh*t more and more everyday. The problem is the spiraling desperation that everyone is giving into. Everyone is looking to someone else to fix their problems and it's getting old real quick.

I have to agree with King Nothing, Obama isn't the man for the job and really neither was McCain. Both would fold under the immense pressure that is about to be exerted on the US. Both guys would have screwed up and screwed up royally. Only reason McCain got my vote was because his screw up was going to be more prolonged. I think Obama just put us on the express highway to ruin(in my opinion).

Economic trends come and go, just like riding a roller coaster. Wars come and go, some are needed while others can't be justified. It's a new century with new problems. However, it's not problems that nations and the world hasn't faced before.

I have to agree with Glenn Beck and say I wish Obama the best and hope he does well, because if he fails we fail as a nation. He has my respect as President and that's about it and it stops there. If he does well, then great and good for him. If he fails though, can't say as I'll be surprised.

Lastly, he's a politician. He falls into the same category as a new/used car salesmen, lawyers, judges, banks and credit card companies. That is if you see their mouths moving, they're lying and don't believe any of their bullsh*t....

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I just don't believe that his policies will help. Government created this mess, so government will fix it? When the hell has that ever worked? No politician wants to make the hard choices that face this nation so all we get are empty promises and political power grabs.

More and more freedom is being consolidated in Washington and most of the American public is cheering because they have been conditioned to the point that if one person loses a job, one child goes hungry, one senior citizen can't play shuffleboard all day in Boca, that somehow we are an evil, uncaring, people. I'm sorry people, life is not a padded cell and the more you depend on a system to protect, care, feed, house, nursemaid you, the sooner that system will fail.

/rant

bulldog
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Did Ludacris perform his "Obama is Here" rap. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c9DuavThNI

puckstr
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Who the fuck is the Obama Clown

salsashark
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Did Ludacris perform his "Obama is Here" rap. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c9DuavThNI

wow :shock:

All that did was reinforce the notion that Mike Judge was right.

http://blog.cleveland.com/ent_impact_movies/2008/02/prezcamcho.jpg

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Maybe the rise to messianic status of a man who, this time last year, merited virtually no media time, let alone was he a household name. Once the public has a chance to calm down and the media stops masturbating to his name and historic distiction the world can return to hating politics.

It does annoy the crap out of me that people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about are and have been vociferously defending and pledging love to this man despite being in completely in the dark about what his promises actually mean and what the other choices actually brought to the table.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
It is awesome that they need to borrow 16 million from Congress for this party. Am I the only one who finds it ironical that the man who professes change continues to do what every president before him did?

Hypocrite elect Obama

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:33 AM
It does annoy the crap out of me that people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about are and have been vociferously defending and pledging love to this man despite being in completely in the dark about what his promises actually mean and what the other choices actually brought to the table.

As long as they believe that he "cares" and his "intentions are good" he will get a pass on just about anything he does. Who cares if his policies actually, in fact, make the situation worse as long as he can say he tried. Add to that a fawning media and the guy will forever be the second coming.

It is awesome that they need to borrow 16 million from Congress for this party. Am I the only one who finds it ironical that the man who professes change continues to do what every president before him did?

Yeah, 150 million for this BS? Really? How about a small televised ceremony in the oval office? About $10.00

Well I guess we need to give more money to the Chinese.

salsashark
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM

Hypocrite elect Obama

Yeah, 150 million for this BS? Really? How about a small televised ceremony in the oval office? About $10.00

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SXSt64cND8I/AAAAAAAACz0/IKOXEJnzLKw/wtf.gif

I hadn't heard about the cost of tomorrow's little party... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

puckstr
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:53 AM
As long as they believe that he "cares" and his "intentions are good" he will get a pass on just about anything he does. Who cares if his policies actually, in fact, make the situation worse as long as he can say he tried. Add to that a fawning media and the guy will forever be the second coming.

Muhahahahaha
http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/bennisartstudios/Let_them_eat_cake!-31vwue-d.jpg

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SXSt64cND8I/AAAAAAAACz0/IKOXEJnzLKw/wtf.gif

I hadn't heard about the cost of tomorrow's little party... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How times (and the party of the guy getting sworn in) change:

2005: We could give vaccines to kids! Give armor to troops! Oh, the costs are too much!!!!

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/inauguration_some_question_cost.htm

2009: Going to be a kick ass party!

http://money.cnn.tv/2009/01/16/news/economy/inauguration_costs/index.htm

Masturbate away Mr. Media...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Missed the concert. My Dad was in Europe for the past couple of months. He was all excited to be coming home before the 20th. He makes me laugh. This coming from a man who was a staunch Republican in his early years. He's never explained what it was that made him switch, but I can't see him any other way.

I love living now...at this moment...

It's not because the man is a Democrat. It's because we got to the point where the majority of Americans said enough is enough and we feel the best person for the job is an African American. I think I feel differently than you Doug, because I grew up in the 60s and felt the hatred. I just never, ever imagined Americans would get to this point in my lifetime.

Of all the country singers, Garth is the only one I could sit and watch in concert and not want to walk out...oooh baby;-)
I hate that hyphenated crap. Either he's African, OR American. We have no room for divided loyalty. I count myself 1000% American, not Italian/Sweedish/Irish/English-American. Sad that the jackal got elected BECAUSE of the color of his skin instead of IN SPITE OF IT.

McCain wasn't the right choice either IMO, but he was definately the BETTER of the 2 choices...... Prepare for Reparations, folks. I think the cost of his "coronation" extravaganza is just the precursor......

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
It's not because the man is a Democrat. It's because we got to the point where the majority of Americans said enough is enough and we feel the best person for the job is an African American.
This is exactly what concerns me, Cathy. If the man we happen to feel is right for the job just happens to be African American, then that's great and we've hit another milestone. However, if we feel the man is right for the job BECAUSE he is an African American then it's just another form of racism. This is not being color blind, it's saying that his skin color makes him more qualified for the job than someone else, which is exactly what has been said of caucasian presidents in the past.

I can absolutely appreciate the historical importance of Barrack Obama's inauguration and I find it a triumph for the civil rights movement. Racism disgusts me and I was fortunate enough to grow up in a largely color blind atmosphere as a child. What people often forget, however, is that if equality is what they're truely seeking, promoting one person over another or downplaying one person under another because of skin color, race, creed, sex, gender, sexual preference, or ethnicity is absolutely racism. Whether it comes under the guise of perceived injustice or historical prejudice or whether it comes with a brazen hatred, it is critical to remember that equal is equal and that "settling the score" is something that can never be achieved and should be left aside. All that we can do is be as fair and equal going forward and electing someone regardless of their policies, ideologies, and beliefs and based solely on their appearance is neither fair nor equal.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Wait until the new car smell wears off. People will be complaining just as they did about Bush Jr

puckstr
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Just take pride that you will most likely out live him.
The STRESS will age him exponentially. 4 years and he will look like a dried up old turd.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I hate that hyphenated crap. Either he's African, OR American. We have no room for divided loyalty. I count myself 1000% American, not Italian/Sweedish/Irish/English-American. Sad that the jackal got elected BECAUSE of the color of his skin instead of IN SPITE OF IT.I fully agree with you there. You are 10 times more the nationalist than I will ever be.

I also agree his race(s) (because he is not just black) should have had nothing to do with why he was elected. Although I’m sure many people voted for him because he identifies himself and black and just as many voted for McCain for the same reason.

The bigger view is how the rest of the world sees this. America has had an ever-increasing bad reputation since the end of WW2. And with the worlds problems beginning to effect every person on the planet it’s time we let go of this idea that America has to stand alone.

On every front what is done in this country effects the rest of the global community, and Obama by his very nature is a product of this global community. This is why I felt he was the better person for the job.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:25 PM
THIS guy did not vote for him

http://www.themunden.com/ps14.jpg
http://www.themunden.com/ps14.jpg

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
The bigger view is how the rest of the world sees this. America has had an ever-increasing bad reputation since the end of WW2. And with the worlds problems beginning to effect every person on the planet it’s time we let go of this idea that America has to stand alone.

On every front what is done in this country effects the rest of the global community...
Unfortunately the "America stands alone" idea isn't ours unto ourselves. This is a view that's shared by the world. We are still the world leaders on several fronts, including the military, economic, and political ones. Because of this and because of the impact America's decisions has on the remainder of the world, other countries have the luxury of waiting to see what we're going to do and then deciding whether or not to follow suit or let us go it alone. In forging national policy, this makes rallying support both crucial and very difficult. When we thrust forth a geo-political decision and have little to no support from other global citizens for one reason or another, then we relinquish power, image, and influence by turning tail and going back on our decisions, as if to say "it's only a good idea if you guys support us." This is what fosters the idea that America stands alone.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I agree that the world sees the US as the last standing empire and what ever happens affects them, even our culture is a point to be aspired to. (How many Chinese now want a car?)

I‘m just saying that we can’t be as nationalist as we once were because we are too involved in other countries affairs. Our economy would collapse (completely) if we were not so dependant on foreign goods. Our security would collapse without the help of other nations in our foreign policies. Even our environment is affected by countries outside of the US. We need them as much as they need us.

Obama represents to the rest of the world that we are (finally) ready to play with others.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:46 PM
If Obama were from another country he would represent that. He is just another American President. The president does not make war, law, peace.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
If Obama were from another country he would represent that. He is just another American President. The president does not make war, law, peace.Article II Section 1 of the Constitution sort of prevents that from ever happening. From the non-americans I have talked to they see this as coming as close to electing a foreign national as we will ever get.

As for your second statement maybe someone should have clued in the Bush Administration that they were not suppose to do all that stuff before they did.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM
The Bush "Administration" and he could not have done any of that without the backing of Congress.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
And why do they see Obommanator as the closest thing to a foreigner as we have ever had? Really? That is kind of an ignorant viewpoint.

That there green apple is not red like the last 40 apples. It must be from Mars.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
BTW: Not ragging on you Randall. I am jut trying to figure out how and why people make their political decisions. Appearances would not be in my top 10 reasons but I guess some people are more "visual learners"

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I‘m just saying that we can’t be as nationalist as we once were because we are too involved in other countries affairs. Our economy would collapse (completely) if we were not so dependant on foreign goods. Our security would collapse without the help of other nations in our foreign policies. Even our environment is affected by countries outside of the US. We need them as much as they need us.

Obama represents to the rest of the world that we are (finally) ready to play with others.
I agree that we cannot afford to be protectionist and separatist as we once were. I think that adopting a toned down self view of America as more of global citizen while still exhibiting leadership would be appropriate. However, I very much disagree with your statement that electing a senator who has virtually no foreign policy experience to the office of President is a signal to the world that we're still struggling to understand our own roles domestically and that we completely disregard our global reflection.

Dana is right, nowhere did President Bush breach constitutional law nor did he do anything of significant impact without both his own administrative support AND the support of the Congress.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I agree that we cannot afford to be protectionist and separatist as we once were. I think that adopting a toned down self view of America as more of global citizen while still exhibiting leadership would be appropriate. However, I very much disagree with your statement that electing a senator who has virtually no foreign policy experience to the office of President is a signal to the world that we're still struggling to understand our own roles domestically and that we completely disregard our global reflection.

Dana is right, nowhere did President Bush breach constitutional law nor did he do anything of significant impact without both his own administrative support AND the support of the Congress.
Then please explain to these people that their reaction to this person is not logical.

President Obama and the world (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7708893.stm)

“Last summer a poll for the BBC World Service, conducted in 22 countries, indicated that people preferred Barack Obama to John McCain by four to one. Almost half said that if Senator Obama were elected, it would change their view of the United States completely.”

I agree of the two McCain (as a person) had much better foreign policy credentials than Obama (as a person). But I can almost guarantee you that you would have not had this reaction from the foreign community if we would have elected McCain.

This is about perception to these people not credentials. Obama is a global figure to them, thus they feel (rightly or wrongly) that they can trust him. And the first part to any foreign policy has to be trust. Otherwise the two sides would just point and shoot.
Shoot first, diplomacy later.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
That article really just confirms that the rest of the world likes Obama because he is not Bush.

Like most of my postings, that article is also a great deal biased towards Obama.

"
In the rush to war in 2003, when many American politicians were frightened to stand out against the crowd, Barack Obama condemned the invasion loudly and publicly.
No guarantee
The fact that he has been elected president is his reward for that."

get a room

"
America is no longer the power it was. Without meaning to, President Bush demonstrated that. It can still lead, but it is no longer in a position to dictate to the wider world.

Barack Obama clearly understands this."

So do I. can I be Prez?

I don't see what, other than the fact the Oboma is not Bush, would make the rest of the world want to breast feed hungry Americans now. If it is because he is black then they are racist. Change? I can see that. from Rep to Dem is a change, sure, now lets chant it. But what are they looking for, an overnight "Wow, the world is a totally different, better place now because Obama is in office?" IMO, you could put anyone in the world in that seat right now and the world would rally. It happens every 4 or 8 years. EVERY single 4 to 8 years.

Like I said, wait for the new car smell to wear off. Everyone eventually hates a winner.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Don't classify me as an Obama hater. I think the guy can do a great job. His supporters have blown his campaign promises out of proportion tho. good luck to the guy. I hope the damned rednecks and racists can allow him to finish his term without a fucking assassination attempt.

And he IS bringing about some change. Because he is the saviour of our world as we know it, he gets to have a FANCY party.

As the recession continues to wreak havoc on the U.S. economy and inauguration celebrations ramp up, a lot of people are asking: "How much will this shindig cost?" [emphasis added]
The short answer? More than $150 million — and yep, that's the most expensive ever. (By comparison, George W. Bush's 2005 inauguration cost $42.3 million. Bill Clinton managed with $33 million in 1993.)

Now that IS some change huh? Lets figure out what kind of hypocrisy this is shall we? His party is maxing out their American Express cards right before filing for bankruptcy. It's the American way.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
"America is no longer the power it was. Without meaning to, President Bush demonstrated that. It can still lead, but it is no longer in a position to dictate to the wider world.

Barack Obama clearly understands this."

So do I. can I be Prez?According to Article II Section 1 of the Constitution yes you can. Just promise me you won't drink from a pitcher at state functions. :)

As you said, Obama is not Bush. From my friends in London they see Bush not as a person but as the establishment. Sort like a royal family. The change Obama represents to them isn’t color as much as he is not part of any establishment.

(I have had several conversations with a few to make the believe that the Democrats are part of this establishment but they tend not to buy it.)

As I said, it is a perception, not based on logic as much on how the old establishment was running things. BTW for the most part they has the same impression of Hillary as they did the Bush’s.

As far as the new smell, everything changes. And yes this could go down the tubes as fast as a terrorist can set off a bomb. But I do know that people outside the US will give Obama much more leeway then they would have McCain.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
McCain was not the correct choice for the republicans. They only way they would have won is if the had a Democratic republican running. :)

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Rectal Orgasms?

DFab
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
And he IS bringing about some change. Because he is the saviour of our world as we know it, he gets to have a FANCY party.
As the recession continues to wreak havoc on the U.S. economy and inauguration celebrations ramp up, a lot of people are asking: "How much will this shindig cost?" [emphasis added]
The short answer? More than $150 million — and yep, that's the most expensive ever. (By comparison, George W. Bush's 2005 inauguration cost $42.3 million. Bill Clinton managed with $33 million in 1993.)

Now that IS some change huh? Lets figure out what kind of hypocrisy this is shall we? His party is maxing out their American Express cards right before filing for bankruptcy. It's the American way.

These numbers are bunk, complete b.s.

The Obama number includes security costs, the Bush and Clinton numbers don't. If you add the security cost to Bush's 2005 party, it goes up to $157+ million.

Also the cost of the Obama inauguration will not be known until well after the party. It probably will be more expensive, but not by much.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hmm, so 1 number was bunk. It is still a $150+ million dollar party. Does that really change anything?

puckstr
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
. It is still a $150+ million dollar party.

Shit Playa
yo gottas spend big to get the BLING

Don't be a hater

DFab
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I agree that there is no need for these giant parties. The political elite like to put themselves on a pedestal that they do not deserve.

But this particular false narrative that has been making the rounds is not about whether these sort of costs are justified, or necessary; it's about how Obama is spending soooo much more than Bush or Clinton did.

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:35 PM
So someone find a real breakdown of all of them. Until then, it wil contunie on it's current path with no reall reason to diverge.

puckstr
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I love the American spirit. Someone will always try to make a profit on any fucking shitty event.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=Inauguration

And then there are the suckers
WANTED: Purple or Blue Inauguration Tickets - $9999999 (DC)

Reply to: sale-999416214@craigslist.org [? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]
Date: 2009-01-19, 5:20PM EST

Looking for 2 blue or purple inauguration tickets at a reasonable price. Please email with location and your asking price or if you would prefer a donation to be made in your name at your charity of choice. Can pick up tonight.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 999416214

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I agree that there is no need for these giant parties. The political elite like to put themselves on a pedestal that they do not deserve.

But this particular false narrative that has been making the rounds is not about whether these sort of costs are justified, or necessary; it's about how Obama is spending soooo much more than Bush or Clinton did.
The fodder it's creating is that, even if they're not spending more, they're at least upholding the status quo, which is hardly change.

I'd get used to the "he's doing the same thing, so much for 'change' " line of thinking because i'm sure it will be a popular line of thought amongst those in opposition to our new President.

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
The fodder it's creating is that, even if they're not spending more, they're at least upholding the status quo, which is hardly change.

I'd get used to the "he's doing the same thing, so much for 'change' " line of thinking because i'm sure it will be a popular line of thought amongst those in opposition to our new President.

C'mon Chris, he is the change...

Well ok, his administration will be completely filled with people from the the Clinton administration.

Well ok, his policies are just rehashed, class-warfare, redistribution, federal interference in the private sector.

Well ok, he freely admits that deficit spending will continue into the foreseeable future.

Well ok, he likes the warrantless wiretapping of American citizens.

Well ok, he now says that Gitmo might have to stay open for "awhile"

Well ok, his plan (fantasy) to have American troops out of Iraq in 6 months is now shelved.

But seriously, he is the change we've been hoping for. No matter what he does, what crap he promises, what BS he claims he can do...people in Eastern Mongolia will think better of America. Wow, I can sleep better at night knowing that... What a BULLSHIT reason to elect anyone.

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Well ok, his administration will be completely filled with people from the the Clinton administration.

Well ok, his policies are just rehashed, class-warfare, redistribution, federal interference in the private sector.

Well ok, he freely admits that deficit spending will continue into the foreseeable future.

Well ok, his plan (fantasy) to have American troops out of Iraq in 6 months is now shelved.

But seriously, he is the change we've been hoping for. No matter what he does, what crap he promises, what BS he claims he can do...people in Eastern Mongolia will think better of America. Wow, I can sleep better at night knowing that... What a BULLSHIT reason to elect anyone.

sieg heil??

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:20 PM

sore LOSER! :alien:

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Rectal Orgasms?

sieg heil??

sore LOSER! :alien:
Good contributions, glad you joined the thread. :no:

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
sieg heil??

Typical. I point out the failings of a democrat and all you can come up with is calling me a nazi. :rolleyes:

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:28 PM
For the record, Shea, I thought you were great in the Indiana Jones movies. :D

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks Chris.

Seriously though, if that is the best you can possibly come up with, how much of an idiot do you make yourself out to be? Because I point out FACTS I'm a nazi? Guess you lack the intellectual capacity to actually defend policy, practices or stated objectives. Just so much easier to call someone something as vile as a nazi. So can I call you a pedophile rapist because you support "change and hope"?

Devaclis
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Shae you are my hero :). You should be my PR guy!!

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Man, if I'd known you were this much fun when you were pissed I'd have just come at you from the screaming left all weekend just to see if you'd actually go into berserker mode! :lol:

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Man, if I'd known you were this much fun when you were pissed I'd have just come at you from the screaming left all weekend just to see if you'd actually go into berserker mode! :lol:

Nah, I love to debate policy and politics. However, calling people names (with probably no understanding of the historical context) all it does is put that person in the "too stupid to be reasoned with" category.

Following a charismatic leader, without any political experience (other then low level political activism), playing on the fear and victimization of a people, promoting that a class of people have wronged the greater populace, promising better days ahead if they only grant him the power to do so and believing that the individual must (in times of crises) defer to the power of the state...

Who's the nazi? Shall I pick up your brown shirt from the cleaners?

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Typical. I point out the failings of a democrat and all you can come up with is calling me a nazi. :rolleyes:

Typical Republican, always putting false words in the mouths of others

Especially when they got their asses kicked in the Polls.

Voters spoke. They had enough of republican Lies and Deception.

By the way, whatever happened with Dick Cheney's Grand Jury Indictment?

In texas, where he invested heavily in the Private Prisons that have Government Contracts to hold IMMIGRATION Prisoners.

Lets see, create a problem, Immigration, Provide the Solution, deportation and Prisons to HOLD the Deportees. and WHO invested heavily in these Prisons? Dick Cheney. And now under Grand Jury Indictment for Rackateering and other crimes.

At least he wasn't cruising mens bathrooms for man on man sex or having sex with male prostitutes and smoking meth, no wait, that was a christian evangelical. what was his name? lives in colorado springs, another republican.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:06 PM
At least he wasn't cruising mens bathrooms for man on man sex or having sex with male prostitutes and smoking meth, no wait, that was a christian evangelical. what was his name? lives in colorado springs, another republican.
You're just bitter that said evangelical turned you down.......

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
You're just bitter that said evangelical turned you down.......

he said he had a date with some monkey, wait, YOU! cycle monkey, now I remember. :drink:

Flip
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Okay- I think its time for Spodewrench to wash his hair and get ready for this bullshit coronation tomorrow.
Go play with your buddies dude- or yourself, whichever works best. You are obnoxious.

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Okay- I think its time for Spodewrench to wash his hair and get ready for this bullshit coronation tomorrow.
Go play with your buddies dude- or yourself, whichever works best. You are obnoxious.

not a democrat for sure.

whats wrong? cant handle the truth?

rforsythe
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I love how a thread about Garth Brooks turns (in the very first reply, no less) into three pages of the same political dick swinging you all have been arguing about for the last year. In hundreds of pages of time spent typing, theorizing, and pontificating, I don't believe a single productive result has actually come of any of it... Yet we've learned all of your political views about 78 times each by now.

Seriously... Take all this time and energy you people seem to have pent up, and DO SOMETHING USEFUL with it! If you're as pissed off as some of you sound, I don't see why it'd be that hard.

Just my $0.02.

Flip
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I am Ralph- Im going bowling!

Shea
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Typical Republican, always putting false words in the mouths of others

Really? Tell me where?

Especially when they got their asses kicked in the Polls.

Voters spoke. They had enough of republican Lies and Deception.But Democrat lies and deception are cool in your book I take it. Hypocrisy much?

By the way, whatever happened with Dick Cheney's Grand Jury Indictment?

In texas, where he invested heavily in the Private Prisons that have Government Contracts to hold IMMIGRATION Prisoners. If it has standing they will be in court. If not it will be thrown out.

Lets see, create a problem, Immigration, Provide the Solution, deportation and Prisons to HOLD the Deportees. and WHO invested heavily in these Prisons? Dick Cheney. And now under Grand Jury Indictment for Rackateering and other crimes.

At least he wasn't cruising mens bathrooms for man on man sex or having sex with male prostitutes and smoking meth, no wait, that was a christian evangelical. what was his name? lives in colorado springs, another republican.Funny how all you can do is dis republicans. If you had any intellectual integrity you would be as critical of the democrats as well. As it stands however all you're doing to painting yourself into a corner. Shall we talk about Democrat abuses of power as well or is you ire only unidirectional?

The Black Knight
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I love how a thread about Garth Brooks turns (in the very first reply, no less) into three pages of the same political dick swinging you all have been arguing about for the last year. In hundreds of pages of time spent typing, theorizing, and pontificating, I don't believe a single productive result has actually come of any of it... Yet we've learned all of your political views about 78 times each by now.

Seriously... Take all this time and energy you people seem to have pent up, and DO SOMETHING USEFUL with it! If you're as pissed off as some of you sound, I don't see why it'd be that hard.

Just my $0.02.
You know Ralph, I feel I have changed somewhat. Not in my viewpoints but in the way I carry on when it comes to politics. I've kind of reverted back to how I used to feel about politics and that's ultimate disgust with just about every politician.

It's good to stand for something and believe in what you believe, however at the end of the day it doesn't really mean much to politicians. I think alot of people have changed to an extent. Many just want to get on with things.

I reiterate that I don't want Obama to fail because if he does so do we. I don't want him to fail but my expectations for his success aren't very high either. I have to be honest and truthful. I also have to say I don't trust him but that is pretty much par for me when it comes to most if not all politicians.

I think there have been some really good comments here. Yeah there have been some bad ones as well. Like Spudwrench, which in my opinion I believe is another form of:
Pacman, Mr. Beefy or someone along those lines. His posts just wreak of those kind of vile comments. Has zero to contribute.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 07:50 PM
The best comments in the world mean absolutely nothing without action.

The Black Knight
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
The best comments in the world mean absolutely nothing without action.
Well that can be said of just about every great the speaker the world has ever known. Many of them had powerful words of wisdom, yet some just sat and pontificated to others or themselves.

There is a time and a place for action, there also is a time and a place for words. I think our own first two Amendments of the Bill of Rights reflects that perfectly.

On one hand, the first represents our ability to speak freely. To commune with others of our nation and abroad in order to reach some sort of solution and not let things or problems escalate out of control. The point of the first amendment is that things should be talked about first. When all avenues have been exhausted, then and only then does the second amendment become a reality of action. It becomes the action to those words that couldn't been understood. So now action must assume the role of communicator.

That's the best way I know how to put it. I just think you can't act something out with out the knowledge, planning and yes the talking dialogue that comes with it.

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Talk first, shoot second.?
What basement did you lock the real Black Knight into?

The Black Knight
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Talk first, shoot second.?
What basement did you lock the real Black Knight into?
HAHA!! I've always been that way Snowman. With the exception to self-defense situations or imminent danger/death situations. I wouldn't be a very effective or efficient CCW holder if I went around blasting everything in sight. Talking and diffusing a situation or better yet not getting into certain situations is how I live my life. I only draw as a last resort and yes when I do draw I hit everything I am at.

spudwrench
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
The Voters voted, and in the end, when the dust settled, the republicans suffered the biggest electoral ass kicking ever.

sniff sniff ,now its time to suck your thumbs and wimper as OBAMA is sworn into office.

How can you piss and moan? You Lost. Period. Long time staunch republicans had enough. The republican party was destroyed by bush and his henchman. just remember that YOU voted for bush. So blame yourself for what he did to your party.

Bush created the biggest deficit since world war II. Not obama. not clinton.

You can piss and moan all you want. And its not over yet, when the next elections roll around, the republicans are going to get their asses kicked again.

If any of you had any sense, you would have started a recall election and had gotten bush out of office when the chinese forced that E-3 Orion to land and reverse engineered all of the latest naval electronic warfare technology.

That my friend was when the titanic hit the iceberg.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah! Spudwrench is right! anyone who is a republican is an idiot! They believe something different so they should be good losers since they're already good at being losers! Since we won we need to make sure that they never forget this historic loss! Look we even ran an african american and beat 'em with him! THAT's how much republicans suck!!!

...or we could just add the troll to the ignore list. yeah. that one. :D

Devaclis
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I hate spudwench

ZX9Rider
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I hate spudwench
+1

If George Bush is a member of the Good ol Boys club for speaking his mine and stepping on his dick at times. I for one am not looking forward to Obama. He must be a member of the New Girls Club of not saying what you mean and being overly PC.

If he was really a change he wouldn't have enlisted so many of the same. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a used carsalesman with a different con to get you to buy undercoating for your car. And I hope that for the countries sake he gets old in the news before the people get sick of him.

T-Dub
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM

:hump::banghead:

I am glad Eastern Mongolians like us. After November 4th, I don't. It has completely changed my mind about the vast majority of Americans. They are idiots. McCain was the better choice of the two, even though, he wasn't the greatest choice. Eh, ah well, it's just 4 years. Then we can get back to having a real President instead of the rockstar media darling we have now. I have always believed that if the MSM likes a polititcian, they have got to be crooked as hell. Barrack Hussein is going to make things worse for everyone, that makes under 250,000 that is.

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I hate spudwench

spudwrench http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/collapse_generic.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=4683#top) Friends

spudwrench has not made any friends yet

That is a Shocker :shocked:

spudwrench
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
spudwrench http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/collapse_generic.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=4683#top) Friends

spudwrench has not made any friends yet

That is a Shocker :shocked:
yes, I have made friends, I dont have to post it like a badge.

Who the f*ck is pacman? isnt that a video game?

all the crybaby republicans got worked! the Polls opened up a can of whoopass all over john mccain and I like john mccain, he is a soldier.

two words republicans.

WHOOP ASS, that can was opened up and dumped all over you!
Your guy lost, your whole party lost.

Al Franken is a Senator now. You couldn't beat Al Franken!

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:22 AM
You are my HERO

ZX9Rider
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Al Franken is a Senator now. You coulndnt even beat Al Franken.

Mr. Smally got elected!! Damn I don't know what is sadder. The fact that he got elected or that you are proud of it? ACORN has done its job well.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
yes...being awesome...Franken!
TOTALLY!!! Way to lay it HARD!!! SW's the MAN!!! fuck republicans! Other ideas are BAD! You all just wanna be cool like US! SWFTMFW!!! w00t!!!

spudwrench
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Mr. Smally got elected!! Damn I don't know what is sadder. The fact that he got elected or that you are proud of it? ACORN has done its job well.

Acorn is another Karl Rove tactic.

create a problem and provide the answer or in this case, point the finger.

I would never live in minnesoter, they have polar bears, and mosquitos the size of volkswagens, its the state bird. Plus they have bridges collapsing, and I mean major infrastructure bridges.

can you imagine, driving on the I-70 overpass, and that badboy goes down?

spudwrench
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
TOTALLY!!! Way to lay it HARD!!! SW's the MAN!!! fuck republicans! Other ideas are BAD! You all just wanna be cool like US! SWFTMFW!!! w00t!!!

wah wah :( You lost.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
^^You're Right! I suck! Man I should've known that! DAMN I'm awful! I'm a bad person too! Shit! I'm gonna go slam my hand in a door so I can't vote republican again! SHIT I'm stupid! God, how do I LIVE????

ZX9Rider
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Acorn is another Karl Rove tactic.

create a problem and provide the answer or in this case, point the finger.

I would never live in minnesoter, they have polar bears, and mosquitos the size of volkswagens, its the state bird. Plus they have bridges collapsing, and I mean major infrastructure bridges.

can you imagine, driving on the I-70 overpass, and that badboy goes down?
I don't think so. There was no second guessing their motives when there public speeches were about getting Obama into office.

spudwrench
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
^^You're Right! I suck! Man I should've known that! DAMN I'm awful! I'm a bad person too! Shit! I'm gonna go slam my hand in a door so I can't vote republican again! SHIT I'm stupid! God, how do I LIVE????

gee, I dont recall anyone calling you names, saying you suck and how stupid you are, freudian slip on your part.

Its ok, 12 steps, you made the first 1. 11 more to go, baby steps, dont run just yet.

There is money to be made here, 12 step program for republicans. Find out just how much you were duped.

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Time will tell WHO the duped ones are.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Bye bye!

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Bye bye!
Trolls have a habit of returning

http://www.thefontman.com/troll_b_gone.gif