PDA

View Full Version : Road report from my ride yesterday 1/17

GregsGSXR
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I stayed out of the high country. This is the route I took.

Santa Fe south to Sedalia (all clear)

105 South to Palmer Lake to I-25(all clear except for the last 2 tight turns going south before Palmer Lake-lots of gravel)

I-25 to Garden of the Gods Road (go slow) through Garden of the Gods to Manitou Springs (all clear)

I-25 back North to Academy exit to HWY 83 (all clear)

HWY 83 North to I-225 (all clear).

We should have a road report section.

apehair
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Greg. Are you going out tomorrow? Anybody else going out tomorrow?

I took the Duc out for slow spin today, by myself, and half way out I hit myself upside the helmet and said, "Ouch." It didn't even occur to me to let you guys know I was heading out so that I could have some company. Newbies, sheesh.

Anyway, I put-putted up 105 from Perry Park. West on 67 to the end of the pavement. The wide open part was dry and clear. The tighter curves in the mountains were mostly dry with some salt dust in the middle and ice some wet spots from snowmelt. A couple of sections had snow and debris on the road. I pretended I was riding single track. It wasn't exactly fun, but it helped me get familiar with my new bike.

On the way back on 105 I put on a couple of bursts here and there, but nothing much. The sheriff likes us to OBEY the LAW, so I do my best to oblige him.

Anyway, if anybody wants to ride, please holler and I'll try to hook up with you tomorrow.

ape

Matty
Sun Jan 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
^^^^ look in the canyon carving thread.