PDA

View Full Version : Hope on The Slopes...raise money for cancer research!

Pages : [1] 2

rybo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm putting together a team to participate in this year's "Hope on The Slopes" at Breckenridge on Feb 28th. I'm looking for some team members (up to 15 per team) and some donations to help with the cause. Please click the link below to help me raise some money.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraisingPages/CFPFY09GreatWest?pg=team&fr_id=17956&team_id=393338

Thanks

Scott

Pharmgirl
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Scott,

What all does this entail?? I didn't see much info on the web site.

Thanks!

rybo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, their website isn't the greatest.

So the deal is that I'm putting together a team that is going to go have some fun skiing all day at Breck on Feb. 28th. Part of the fun is a vertical feet challenge. The team that skis (or boards) the most vertical feet wins!

In order to participate each team member must raise at least $200. I've paid the team entry fee of $200 which I believe covers all of the team's lift tix for the day. (I'll confirm this tomorrow) EDIT: LIFT TICKETS ARE NOT COVERED, BUT OFFERED AT A DISCOUNT OF $45. if you have a breck season pass you do not need to buy a lift ticket.

So:

Fundraising is essentially on your own with the idea of being a part of the winning team!

Skiing the day of is going to be a lot of fun with a ton of people out doing some really good stuff!

There is food and drink all day as well plus a silent auction and the likes with all the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. All donations are tax deductible.

does that help?

s

Player 2
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds like good times. Let me make sure I can have that day "off" ;)

nattynoo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Count me in if there is still room on the team!

Sean
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Is there a certain level of skier required? Cause if you want someone who will rock the hell out of greens/blues all day, but looks like they are having a seizure while doing it; I might be in?

rybo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Natalie, Jon and Sean,

Please do sign up for the team, but if you do please do be committed to doing some fundraising and skiing. I've already invested $200 to register the team and I'm hopeful that each member will collect donations for at least that much so that we can compete for the Vertical Feet challenge.

Go to the link above, and join the team! The team name is

The Cereal Killers

('cause you'll need your wheaties that day!)

Player 2
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Count me in if there is still room on the team!
Ok, looks like I have the day off now :D

Is there a certain level of skier required? Cause if you want someone who will rock the hell out of greens/blues all day, but looks like they are having a seizure while doing it; I might be in?
You're in and you know it... :up:

Player 2
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I signed up and have already posted the message up to some of my internet marketing contacts. Let's see how we can do :up:

nattynoo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
My boss said that she would donate :D

Player 2
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Woohoo! Only $195 left til I hit my goal :D

nattynoo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Woohoo! Only $195 left to I hit my goal :D

ooooo big spenders!!!

rybo
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Nice work!

glad you are both on the team!

Scott

Player 2
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 03:39 PM
ooooo big spenders!!!
Hey, any donation is a good donation :p

I'll make mine next month once I recover from the cruise :D

Mother Goose
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'm in. :D

Matty
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Scott... i'll see what my schedule is like. if i'm available you know i'm down.

rybo
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Scott... i'll see what my schedule is like. if i'm available you know i'm down.

Hope it works out schedule wise...we've got a great team shaping up!

If you aren't participating, please consider donating a few bucks to help the cause! You can make individual donations to team members or you can make a general donation to the team!

Scott

rybo
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Official Info!

Please consider joining my team "The Cereal Killers"...we're not Raisin Bran, we're raisin' money for cancer research!

If you are going to join please know that I've already paid the team entry fee of $200 and am continuing to fundraise. I would really like to compete in the vertical feet challenge, so if you join please be committed to raising at least $200 for the cause!

You can sign up here, just click the "join this team" button on the page for registration information.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Co...team_id=393338

39 Days until the event! Are you ready?
We are just 39 days away from our 4th Annual American Cancer Society Hope on the Slopes, taking place on February 28th at Breckenridge Ski Resort! If you haven't signed up yet, and you're planning to hit the slopes to find a cure with us this year, now is the time for you and your team to get registered online and to send out fundraising emails through your personal page. It's easy! You can literally send out 10 emails in 10 minutes and see your personal thermometer grow in a matter of days! Don't forget to include a personal story about why you're fighting back against cancer!

Registration & Fundraising Requirements

Teams of up to 15 members:
$200 registration fee (I've already paid this...join my team!)

$200 minimum fundraising requirement per member to compete for Vertical Feet prizes (ex: a team of 8 members would need to raise a minimum of $1600 to compete for vertical feet prizes)

Hope on the Slopes Headquarters will be at the base of Peak 9! Breckenridge Hospitality has graciously donated the Forest Room and Atrium Lobby of the Liftside Inn at the Peak 9 base for our headquarters. Vertical Feet will be tracked through your lift ticket/season pass on Peaks 9 & 10 and Breck will be providing route recommendations for HOTS participants so you can get in the most vertical feet whether you want to be on green, blue, or black runs. Plus, we'll have special lift lines for you so you don't have to wait!

Event Updates - Breckenridge is the ultimate host resort!
As a participant of Hope on the Slopes, here's what you can look forward to:
Discounted lift tickets $45 for adults, $27 for kids Lift ticket prices at Breck for those not holding a season pass are currently $92 so this is a great deal! (If you already have a season pass you don't need to buy a lift ticket)
$10 food vouchers for the first 250 registered participants
These vouchers are good for a one-time use (with no change if you don't spend the entire $10) at the following on-mountain restaurants: The Maggie, 10-Mile Station, Bergenhof, and Vista Haus.

Discounted Equipment Rentals
Breckenridge Sports is offering a 30% discount on equipment rentals for HOTS participants, that is good a week prior and a week after the event. Go online to www.rentskis.com/hope to fill in all your info and your skis or snowboard will be waiting for you to pick up in The Maggie building at the Base of Peak 9.

Discounted Lodging Packages
Breckenridge Hospitality is offering lodging discounts from Wednesday February 25th to Tuesday, March 3rd for HOTS participants. Details and info about how to make your reservation is coming soon!

Sean
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
:up:
I'm pumped, let's let the healing begin!

Matty
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
I'm going to talk to my Employer ROME SNOWBOARDS and see if they'll chip in, if their not already.

rybo
Fri Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'm going to talk to my Employer ROME SNOWBOARDS and see if they'll chip in, if their not already.

Shameless BUMP!

Ski, ride, donate...a good time will be had by all!

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Count me in on the team. I've registered and will be donating 200 as well. I can't wait to hit the slopes.

Matty
Mon Jan 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shameless BUMP!

Ski, ride, donate...a good time will be had by all!
no... i was just saying that i work for a snowboard company and since its a ski/snowboard event they should be able to donate.

Sortarican
Tue Jan 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Just signed up for the team.
Cabin in Fairplay is open to all Teram members. (Up to about 15)

Screw these other guys, pledge for me!
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraisingPages/HOSNational?px=9027020&pg=personal&fr_id=17956
I will give a free limited edition print of my commissioned original artists renderings of this event to each person who sponsors me.
(Suitable for framing on your fridg or just burning.)

Example:

bodhizafa
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I may not be able to get that day off (most likely can though). I'd like to sign up anyways and raise the money for it. Is that cool Rybo?

rybo
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I may not be able to get that day off (most likely can though). I'd like to sign up anyways and raise the money for it. Is that cool Rybo?

Very cool! More is better when it comes to raising money for good causes!

s

Matty
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Scott.... I just signed up myself and my girl Katie to the team. Her mom recently passed from Thyroid Cancer, so she's all about raising funds for the cause.

rybo
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Matty,

Thank you. Katie is exactly the kind of person we want on the team and I'll be happy to ski part of my day in memory of her mom.

Looking forward to the event!

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'm in :bananna:

rybo
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
yay!

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
And I think I just recruited a friend ! :yay:

rybo
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Team Cereal Killers is officially FULL!

We have the biggest team that is participating in this year's event....now lets go put up some HUGE numbers in fundraising and vertical feet!

Sean
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm in :bananna:
I'm going to get picked on all day long, aren't I? :banghead:

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
No way.. this is going to be fun !! :) Besdies, I'm a :turtle: so you won't even see me.

Please donate if you can... every little bit helps !

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraisingPages/CFPFY09GreatWest?px=9098082&pg=personal&fr_id=1795 6

WidowmakerDutch
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
If there's still room at the cabin count me in to stay. If you need me to bring anything..ie..food, :drink:, bandaids...lol.
Let me know.

Matty
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
don't know if i read it wrong.... but i think it says to compete in the Vertical Feet challenge each member of the team has to raise $200.

rybo
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Please do sign up for the team, but if you do please do be committed to doing some fundraising and skiing. I've already invested $200 to register the team and I'm hopeful that each member will collect donations for at least that much so that we can compete for the Vertical Feet challenge.

YES!!!! It is important that EVERY member of the team do their part.

Big-J
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
RYBO....whats your name again? :lol::oops::slap:

So you can count me in on this deal, Scott. :headbang:

Wyck
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I will have to see how much I have left after bills then some lucky Cereal Killer will be getting some of my hard earned money :)

nattynoo
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I will have to see how much I have left after bills then some lucky Cereal Killer will be getting some of my hard earned money :)

Please let it be me :D

Pretty please with sugar on top?!?!

rybo
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Team Cereal Killers have jumped into the lead in fundraising! We currently outpace all other teams, but we still have not made our goal to participate in the vertical feet challenge!

We are just over 1/3 of the way there with a few weeks left to go!

Go team Cereal Killers!

Become an official "Cheerio" If you are a non-participant who donates $50 or more I'll personally get you a "Cheerios" T-Shirt! If you donate $100 or more I'll make sure the entire team autographs it for you!

Scott

Sully
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Please let it be me :D

Pretty please with sugar on top?!?!

Heyyyyy.. don't try to bribe her with sugar !!!! :lol:.....

I will match her sugar and add a cherry on top :boobies:... :D

j/k !

rybo
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
RYBO....whats your name again? :lol::oops::slap:

So you can count me in on this deal, Scott. :headbang:

J-

Sorry man, the team is all full....if you have the gumption start up a team and compete with us! I'd love to see two CSC laden teams on the hill that day!

s

nattynoo
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Heyyyyy.. don't try to bribe her with sugar !!!! :lol:.....

I will match her sugar and add a cherry on top :boobies:... :D

j/k !

I see your cherry, and I will raise you whipped cream!!!

so there....

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM

so there....
She stole my name, so I think I should get it. :lol:

Sortarican
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM
J-
Sorry man, the team is all full....if you have the gumption start up a team and compete with us! I'd love to see two CSC laden teams on the hill that day!s

I know J is a better (at least better conditioned) skier than I am.
I might be willing to let him take my spot.

I'd still be up for helping out on a support level, host the participants at the cabin, keeping you guys and gals carbo-packed and hydrated, and helping to raise funds.

Let me know what you think J and Scott.

Sully
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM

so there....

heh.. I see your whipped cream, and I will raise you with nuts AND sprinkles !!! :D

:p

and Sortarican... You better do eeeet ! Count Chocula had his chance to join the team ! mauhahahahah...

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
heh.. I see your whipped cream, and I will raise you with nuts AND sprinkles !!! :D

:p

and Sortarican... You better do eeeet ! Count Chocula had his chance to join the team ! mauhahahahah...
Wait wait wait.... Sully has nuts?! :crazy:

Sully
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
:( no, I lost mine in a card game, I was hoping to borrow some..

Let's get rolling on the fundraising people !!!!

Big-J
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
J-

Sorry man, the team is all full....if you have the gumption start up a team and compete with us! I'd love to see two CSC laden teams on the hill that day!

s

:lol: figures.

Wyck
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hehe you ladies and WICKY have another week to fight for my money. I thought I got paid this week but its next week. Wishful thinking I guess :)

Or maybe I will do a team donation and let you all spread the love around! Sugar, Cherries, Whipped Cream, Sprinkles, and Nuts for everyone!!!! :bananna::boobies::hump:

rybo
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Wyck,

Are you calling the team captain a "girl" or are you saying I'm out of the running for your donation?

nattynoo
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Wyck,

Are you calling the team captain a "girl" or are you saying I'm out of the running for your donation?

Knowing her...probably both :lol:

rybo
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
:)

Speedwagon
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Wish I would have seen this sooner, I would've jumped in on the team then!

Wyck
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Wyck,

Knowing her...probably both :lol:

Haha natty you know me so well! :lol: :makeout:And no Rybo you already met your $200. I was gonna help out the others who are low in the dough and willing to fight for my money. But if you want me to call you a girl I'd be happy to oblige. :D

Matty
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I was gonna help out the others who are low in the dough and willing to fight for my money.

Or, you could just donate it to the team...

Wyck
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Or, you could just donate it to the team...

Gee why didn't I think of that?

Or maybe I will do a team donation and let you all spread the love around! Sugar, Cherries, Whipped Cream, Sprinkles, and Nuts for everyone!!!! :bananna::boobies::hump:

Oh wait...I Did! :p

Sean
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Just an update: we are halfway to the goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bananna: :rock: :bananna: :up:

Sean
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Anybody see this? I need me a ski chateaux bitches! :rock: j/k But 4 to a two queen bed room is pretty cheap, or liftside studio would be coolio. We'll pack them in; I'll sleep on the floor and pay my part?

DISCOUNTED LODGING PACKAGES: These lodging rates are good from Wednesday, February 25th to Tuesday, March 3rd. Call 1-888-525-1787 and use the group code: BG4HS9. The lodging rates below reflect a 50% discount off of normal rates, courtesy of Breckenridge Hospitality. Lodging OptionsNightly

Breckenridge Mountain
Lodge Hotel Room - 2 Queen Beds $ 100.00
Hotel Room - 2 Queen Beds + Bunk Beds $105.00

Village at Breckenridge
Liftside Studio $ 243.00
Plaza Two Bedroom Condo$ 418.00
Plaza Three Bedroom Condo$ 553.00
Chateaux Two Bedroom Condo$ 468.00
Chateaux Three Bedroom Condo$ 603.00

Great Divide Lodge
Classic Hotel Room$ 225.00
Deluxe Hotel Room$ 243.00
Mountain View Hotel Room$ 261.00

rybo
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Sean,

Check with Sortarican too, he has a cabin in Fairplay that he's offered up for use during the weekend!

Team Cereal Killers is kicking ass and taking names! We are thus far the highest fundraising team in the event, but we still have a ways to go to meet our goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Scott

Sean
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Check with Sortarican too, he has a cabin in Fairplay that he's offered up for use during the weekend!
Yeah, but I don't know if I trust Jeff taking us to a cabin in the woods, all alone...if you know what I mean? I'm not judging, it's just not my type of thing :shocked:

Actually, I just thought it might be fun to stay at the mtn? Sortarican's sounds great, but iIf I found 3 (or more) other people to split a room I'd drop $25 for the accessibility. Just a thought. :)

Sortarican
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Just noticed one of my friends pledge is to the team instead of me personaly. (Angel $10)
No biggie, she said she was checking out the team page and forgot to go back before pledging.

Yeah, but I don't know if I trust Jeff taking us to a cabin in the woods, all alone...if you know what I mean?

I'm bringing a big bottle of K-Y, a shovel, and a bag of lye if you come up.

Sortarican
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Just started passing the hat this morning and I'm already over half way to my $200 minimum goal.

The rest of you better get moving!

Sean
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I'm bringing a big bottle of K-Y, a shovel, and a bag of lye if you come up.You had me at "big bottle of K-Y" you sweet talker, you :makeout:

Just started passing the hat this morning and I'm already over half way to my $200 minimum goal.:up:

Sortarican
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Just $50 short of our minimum $2K goal.

Here's your chance to the donor that puts us over the top!

Sean
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Come on Bitches, keep up :rock:

Just $50 short of our minimum $2K goal.
But we ALL have to hit the $200 mark for the vertical feet challenge.

Sortarican
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
My Mommy rocks!!! She just put me over the $200 mark and the team over the 2K mark!
(My Mom's better than your Mom...na-na-na-na-boo-boo)

Team Progress for The Cereal Killers

Goal: $3,000.00
Achieved: $2,020.00
http://main.acsevents.org/images/gala08/thermometer/67.gif http://main.acsevents.org/site/ChartViewer/?@_GIF@_FILE/apfiles/timeline1.bin@_HEIGHT250@_WIDTH320@_PCSCRIPTGraph. dateInputFormat(%25m/%25d/%25Y)%20Graph.Series(Donations,11/12/2008,0,11/27/2008,0,12/12/2008,0,12/27/2008,0,01/11/2009,0,01/26/2009,340,02/10/2009,2020;)

Still short of our team goal though, so this doesn't mean you people
can stop pledging and raising funds!
Get off your asses and support the cause!

Wyck
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I just made my small donation but it doesn't show up on the main page yet. May do another next pay day :) You owe me natty :makeout:

rybo
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I just made my small donation but it doesn't show up on the main page yet. May do another next pay day :) You owe me natty :makeout:

THANK YOU!

Timmay
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I will donate tomorrow when I get paid scott, probably wont be much. I might e ven head to breack for the day to hang out with you guys.

rybo
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I will donate tomorrow when I get paid scott, probably wont be much. I might e ven head to breack for the day to hang out with you guys.

Thank you! Every contribution, large or small, counts!

Player 2
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I could be down... :up: (plus my better 1/2) ;)

Anybody see this? I need me a ski chateaux bitches! :rock: j/k But 4 to a two queen bed room is pretty cheap, or liftside studio would be coolio. We'll pack them in; I'll sleep on the floor and pay my part?

DISCOUNTED LODGING PACKAGES: These lodging rates are good from Wednesday, February 25th to Tuesday, March 3rd. Call 1-888-525-1787 and use the group code: BG4HS9. The lodging rates below reflect a 50% discount off of normal rates, courtesy of Breckenridge Hospitality. Lodging OptionsNightly

Breckenridge Mountain
Lodge Hotel Room - 2 Queen Beds $ 100.00
Hotel Room - 2 Queen Beds + Bunk Beds $105.00

Village at Breckenridge
Liftside Studio $ 243.00
Plaza Two Bedroom Condo$ 418.00
Plaza Three Bedroom Condo$ 553.00
Chateaux Two Bedroom Condo$ 468.00
Chateaux Three Bedroom Condo$ 603.00

Great Divide Lodge
Classic Hotel Room$ 225.00
Deluxe Hotel Room$ 243.00
Mountain View Hotel Room$ 261.00

Matty
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM
my girl Katie, might have to remove her name from the team as she might not be able to make it up. Which means our goal will drop but it also will give another person to join.

Timmay
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I will if you need it filled.

rybo
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
my girl Katie, might have to remove her name from the team as she might not be able to make it up. Which means our goal will drop but it also will give another person to join.

Hey Matty,

Just let me know. It would be great to have her on the team.

s

Sean
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Just an update:
15 Days left!!!!!!!!

The Competition: :321:
Team Protiviti has 15 people now, but not even close to having everybody rasie $200....yet.
Team Max Verts is right behind us for $$ raised. And they only have 3 people. :shocked:

Us: :rock:
Team Cereal Killers has only 4 out of the 15 have reached the $200 mark, but most people are pretty close. Just a little more :up:

Matty
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
you are way too excited, lol.

Just an update:
15 Days left!!!!!!!!

The Competition: :321:
Team Protiviti has 15 people now, but not even close to having everybody rasie $200....yet.
Team Max Verts is right behind us for $$ raised. And they only have 3 people. :shocked:

Us: :rock:
Team Cereal Killers has only 4 out of the 15 have reached the $200 mark, but most people are pretty close. Just a little more :up:

Sean
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
you are way too excited, lol.
"The end is never as satisfying as the journey. To have achieved everything but to have done so without integrity and excitement, is to have achieved nothing."

nattynoo
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 02:31 PM

I will see you tonight girl...and you can count on me making it up to you hot mama :makeout:

I could be down... :up: (plus my better 1/2) ;)

Of course :devious:

64BonnieLass
Sat Feb 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I need to make a donation.

Which one of you has the least amount of donations thus far?

I love you all, so the low man on the totem pole gets mah money.

rybo
Sat Feb 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I need to make a donation.

Which one of you has the least amount of donations thus far?

I love you all, so the low man on the totem pole gets mah money.

Terri,

So what you're saying is that you're going to reward the least motivated amongst us?

you could always make a "whole team" donation and not play favorites...

Kidding! Thank you for donating!

Scott

Matty
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Scott did you get my PM?

Timmay
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Made mine Scott, was not much but hope that it helps.

rybo
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Scott did you get my PM?

And replied...

64BonnieLass
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Terri, So what you're saying is that you're going to reward the least motivated amongst us? you could always make a "whole team" donation and not play favorites...

Kidding! Thank you for donating!
Scott

Hahaha, my thought was to help out the person who needed it the most, but your logic won out.

The Terri/Trevor duo are now Cheerios!

I hope you guys have a wonderful day out there. :)

rybo
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hahaha, my thought was to help out the person who needed it the most, but your logic won out.

The Terri/Trevor duo are now Cheerios!

I hope you guys have a wonderful day out there. :)

You rock!

thanks

Tipys
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
cheerios yay

Mother Goose
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
So I was a tad retarded this afternoon. Of one the season ticket holders behind me gave me $20 to put towards our fundraising, she's a breast cancer survivor of 3 years. So I went to donate that through my credit card and accidentally put $200. Doh! At least it wasn't to something material, right?

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Keep those donations flowing everyone!

Who is going to push the team over the top today? We're $43 from the TEAM goal.

Now for the few individuals that haven't made their personal goal to kick it in high gear...

Sean
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Keep those donations flowing everyone!

Who is going to push the team over the top today? We're $43 from the TEAM goal.

Now for the few individuals that haven't made their personal goal to kick it in high gear...
Way to go Jon, $322.00 :bananna::headbang::rock::bananna:

Canuck
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Scott, any word on getting Tim and myself in the group as replacements for the ones who have to back out.

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Way to go Jon, $322.00 :bananna::headbang::rock::bananna:
:up: Shooting to break $500 this week

Matty
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Scott, any word on getting Tim and myself in the group as replacements for the ones who have to back out.
ya Katie unfortunately won't be able to participate. She still might be comming up but won't be boarding. So once Scott can have her name removed you or Tim should jump on it.

Katie and I tried to delete her name, but there is nowhere on the site to have it removed.

Timmay
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Im gonna be up there for the day anyway to show support. If you need a fill in just let me know. Does anyone know where the best place to get Lift tickets from since I didnt get my season pass this year.

Sean
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Im gonna be up there for the day anyway to show support. If you need a fill in just let me know. Does anyone know where the best place to get Lift tickets from since I didn't get my season pass this year.Timmay, if you know/can find someone with a season pass (I'm guessing that it wouldn't be to hard), they can get you a "buddy pass" lift ticket for $60 (I think). If you get on the team, I think we are going to pay $45-ish? I don't have one, so I can't hook you up, but I'm sure someone can. Glad you're coming out :up:

Matty
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Im gonna be up there for the day anyway to show support. If you need a fill in just let me know. Does anyone know where the best place to get Lift tickets from since I didnt get my season pass this year.
Timmy i got 4 more "ski with a friend passes" One of them has your name on it. Like Sean said, it should be about $20-30 below regular ticket prices.

Sully
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I can also hook someone up if they need.

Timmay
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Matty, appreciate it.

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Come on kids... SOMEONE push us over the team goal today

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
And with a little generosity from one of my Internet Marketing buddies, The Cereal Killers are officially OVER the team goal with $3,167 raised so far.

Time to start meeting those personal goals now people!

Matty
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
And with a little generosity from one of my Internet Marketing buddies, The Cereal Killers are officially OVER the team goal with $3,167 raised so far.

Time to start meeting those personal goals now people!
right on Jon.... ya i need to jump on it a lil harder.

WidowmakerDutch
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
If anyone still has a way to get discounted tickets up let me know. I'm still pushing for the donations. I'm ready for a good snowboarding day with you all.

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I know of 3 people in my house that have the Colorado pass so we could def get discounted tickets...

WidowmakerDutch
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Let me know. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to be staying. Is there still room up at the cabin or is it getting full quick?

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure, haven't heard much more about the cabin. We need to get that figured out as well. I would love to stay at the cabin if we're not going to organize a group buy slope side...

WidowmakerDutch
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I'll just bring some bags and a tent. I'll do winter camping in the parking lot.:rock:

rybo
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Way to go team!

Contact Jeff re: the cabin and space there.

Team members get tickets for a discount.

Keep it going!

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Woohoo! Just took the team lead in donations :D

Gonna try to share the wealth. Just changed my links to Natty's :up:

rybo
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Nice work Jon!

Sean
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Here ya go :up:

If anyone still has a way to get discounted tickets up let me know. I'm still pushing for the donations. I'm ready for a good snowboarding day with you all.

In order to participate each team member must raise at least $200. I've paid the team entry fee of $200 which I believe covers all of the team's lift tix for the day. (I'll confirm this tomorrow) EDIT: LIFT TICKETS ARE NOT COVERED, BUT OFFERED AT A DISCOUNT OF $45. if you have a breck season pass you do not need to buy a lift ticket.

Sean
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Woohoo! Just took the team lead in donations :D
Wow, you are good for something, who would've thought? :slappers:

Way to go Jon! I'd help out if I can. I have over $100 in the "team" fund that people put in by accident that I can't switch. :banghead: Hopefully we can all hit the $200 mark to compete in the Vertical feet challenge :hump:

WidowmakerDutch
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I've got the other $150 coming from my shop. So I'll be covered for my portion. And thanks for the info on Tickets.

Player 2
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think we're rocking it so far :up:

I'm 3rd in individual donors with at least 2 others from our team on the top 10 board

We're the #1 team and #2 company as well.

Great job so far everyone!! :cheers:

Jeff, what's the dealio with the sleeping arrangements?

Sortarican
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I have about 2 spots left in the cabin with you and Dutch in.
Holding a spot for Scott also just in case the slope side accomidations don't pan out.

Could fit a few more, but they may have to use a sleeping bag and air matress the floor.

Sean
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I have about 2 spots left in the cabin with you and Dutch in.
Holding a spot for Scott also just in case the slope side accomidations don't pan out.

Could fit a few more, but they may have to use a sleeping bag and air matress the floor.
me +1
...if theres room?

Sortarican
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
me +1
...if theres room?

Well your +1 might be OK......not sure about you though.:)
(J/K, you're in too.)

OK, that about leaves us with floor space only folks, but it's still doable.
I'll post up directions and info this weekend.

Player 2
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I have a queen inflatable that I can bring just in case....

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I have a queen inflatable that I can bring just in case....
Definitely driving up the day off now. :lol:

Sortarican
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM

LOL, I knew you were a voyuer.

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM
LOL, I knew you were a voyuer.
Only if you're involved, Jeff. :eyebrows:

Sully
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
effin' creeeepy dudes !! :slappers:

Timmay
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
(J/K, you're in too.)

OK, that about leaves us with floor space only folks, but it's still doable.
I'll post up directions and info this weekend.

Jeff ill bring my air mattress just incase we need it.

Mother Goose
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
effin' creeeepy dudes !! :slappers:
Are you guys doing it? :shocked:

Player 2
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
:spit: That wasn't my air mattress that night ;)

Sully
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hey, is that your ass on my back?...

Sean
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM
(J/K, you're in too.)
:lol: :guns: :321:
Guess I had that coming.

Sean
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Good to have you aboard Tim :up:

Timmay
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Good to have you aboard Tim :up:

Thank you, cant wait to get up there.

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think we're rocking it so far :up:

I'm 3rd in individual donors with at least 2 others from our team on the top 10 board

We're the #1 team and #2 company as well.

Great job so far everyone!! :cheers:

After being #1 on the team for the past couple of weeks, Jon decides to smack me down to 2nd. I'll take that back now...hope you enjoyed it :lol:

Time for that final week push! Keep up the good work everyone!

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
After being #1 on the team for the past couple of weeks, Jon decides to smack me down to 2nd. I'll take that back now...hope you enjoyed it :lol:

:vader:
He's calling you out Jon!!!!!!!!!

One week left!

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
:spit:.. (as rforsythe would say) OHHHHH SNAP !!

~Barn~
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Congrats to you all, for raising those kind of numbers. Very well done. :up:

Hopefully I can get up there and run some v-feet with ya'll!

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yesssssss Barn... we need you to be there, it's been too long :bananna:

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Yesssssss Barn... we need you to be there, it's been too long :bananna::imwithstupid:

~Barn~
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:22 AM
:oops:

Thanks guys; it's definitely on my calendar.

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
:oops:

Thanks guys; it's definitely on my calendar.I just helped get Barn to come sking AND called Sully stupid in the same post. This is the greatest thread ever. OH YEAH!!!! (in the Kool-Aid man voice)

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Death will be imminent !

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM

:vader:
He's calling you out Jon!!!!!!!!!
One week left!
It's all good :up: Why don't the rest of you give Alex and I a run for the money??

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
(What Sully is really thinking)

Silence!

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1618/achmedthedeadterroristbkm9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
:lol::spit::lol: .. this is going to be so much fun !

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
It's all good :up: Why don't the rest of you give Alex and I a run for the money??Bitch, please! I was over $300 while you were at like $20. not all of us are willing to dress up as a trani and give hummers to the crackheads to down at the bus station. I do however, applaude your dedication. :up:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Bitch, please! I was over $300 while you were at like $20. not all of us are willing to dress up as a trani and give hummers to the crackheads to down at the bus station. I do however, applaude your dedication. :up:
:spit: :slappers:

Don't be all jealousy now that you've been left in the dust bitch :siesta:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm sure you two will have fun kissing and making up at Jeff's cabin Friday night... :makeout: :hump:

Let's get mooooooooore pledges !

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Is that how you've been raising the dough, Jon? Geez, I was hoping to avoid that this time :lol:

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
:spit: :slappers:

Don't be all jealousy now that you've been left in the dust bitch :siesta:In the dust, pleeez. I'm at $500 and if I could get that woman at ACS to switch the $95 I have in the 'team' account, to mine, I'd be nipping at your tails.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
It seems to be working for Jon. I've heard he has nice lips :eyebrows:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Is that how you've been raising the dough, Jon? Geez, I was hoping to avoid that this time :lol:
Sean is confused :lol: I might be pimping myself out but I ain't suckin no dick

In the dust, pleeez. I'm at $500 and if I could get that woman at ACS to switch the $95 I have in the 'team' account, to mine, I'd be nipping at your tails.
Bring it then son! :321:

:spit: :oops:

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Are you vouching for his "lip service"? :lol:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I've only Heard ... :p

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I've only Heard ... :p

:shocked:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Altho, I have seen them in action before... ;)

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Altho, I have seen them in action before... ;)

So now you've seen AND heard them before :dunno: :lol:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Halloween parties can be very "educational" .....

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Scott,
Can we just clarify: Do we just need to meet the team goal or does everybody need to hit the $200 mark; in order for us to be elligible to be in the Vertical Feet Challenge?

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I asked Scott about this earlier this week. He said that it's the team total. Although, I think it'd be great if everyone gets at least $200 in donations.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
From their website -
Participate on a Team

Form or join a team of 5-15 members
Registration is $200/team, and can be waived by event sponsorship
NEW THIS YEAR: Fundraising minimum for inclusion in vertical feet team competition prizes is $200 per member total. For example, a team of 8 would need to raise at least $1600 to compete for vertical feet prizes.

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I asked Scott about this earlier this week. He said that it's the team total. Although, I think it'd be great if everyone gets at least $200 in donations.:up: Thanks!

Just an update: We have 4 people in the top 10 for raising money, the Cereal killer's are the top fundraising team and Chicane Trackdays is the top fundraising company. So yeah, we're dominating! :rock: Plus, there is only one other team with 15 participants, and they aren't even close to $3k, so we have a great shot to win the vert feet challange! Way to go everybody :applause:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yep, we're doing awesome!

Watch out Alex... I'm $8 back now and have more coming today :cheers:

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yep, we're doing awesome!

Watch out Alex... I'm $8 back now and have more coming today :cheers:

Nice job! :up:
I just sent out my follow-up email to about 50 people so hopefully my donation stream will continue.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
You guys ROCK!!!! :up:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Who is going to Jeff's cabin ???

1. Jeff
2. Shiny +1

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what the vertical feet prizes are?

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM

1. Jeff
2. Shiny +1
3. P2
4. Nattynoo

:up:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Just got an email update :)

Your event guidebook is attached to this email! And a hard copy is on the way in the mail. It's full of everything you need to know before the event and at the event too! Lodging, rentals, parking, and registration room locations are included. Be sure to read through the entire guide and let us know if you have any questions. Participants that register after today will also be sent the guide.

Matching funds Many of you have requested matching funds from your employers. We will be counting matching funds towards your fundraising totals, even if they haven't been received yet. In order for those funds to count, please send the forms to the address below or bring a copy of the form with you to the event.
American Cancer Society
Attn: Hope on the Slopes
8221 W. 20th St. Ste. A
Greeley, CO 80634

Registration fees do NOT count towards fundraising totals Those of you that paid a registration fee online may have noticed that the registration fee is being included in your fundraising total. This is a website error that we unfortunately are unable to fix. Thanks for your understanding.

Now is the time to get registered! If you have members on your team that still haven't registered online, please encourage them to do so before next Friday! We will be accepting registrations at the event for walk-up participants, but all teams really need to be online before they show up on Saturday.

Fundraising minimums for vertical feet For any team or individual wishing to compete for the vertical feet prizes, the minimum fundraising requirement is $200 per person average. So, if a team of 8 people has one person that raises $1200 and the other members make up the remaining $400 they will qualify to compete for most vertical feet. Any individual, whether they are part of a team or not, that raises a minimum of $200 will be eligible to compete for the most vertical feet by an individiual prize. We will continue counting fundraising that comes in until 10am on the day of the event. So if you have fundraising that is supposed to be coming in online, be sure that it is showing up on Saturday morning!

Drawing for other prizes Because of the many generous donations we have received, the remaining prizes that are not awarded for Most Money Raised and Most Vertical Feet will be up for grabs! Any individual that raises their minimum of $200 will have one ticket placed in the drawing. Anyone else can buy tickets at $5 each (no limit) for the drawing. The drawing will take place at closing ceremonies and you must be present to win!

Vertical feet tracking update Vertical feet will be tracked by individual GPS units that every participant gets to use for the day. The company providing the units is called Flaik and they will be on staff to assist everyone. Their system is live, so we will be able to see on a computer during throughout day who has the most vertical feet, which runs you are on, and even how fast you are going! They even have the ability for you to go to a website following the event and print out a trail map of all the runs you took that day.

Start time and end time Registration goes from 7:30am - 8:45am, Opening ceremonies with instructions will be from 8:45 - 9am. Everyone's GPS units will be activated at 9am and will be turned off at 2:30pm. Please turn in your GPS at 2:30 and pick up your goodie bag. Closing ceremonies and awards will be at 3:30pm. As you may know, ski traffic on I-70 on the weekends is very heavy, so if you're coming from Denver, plan to leave by about 6am so that you can have time to park and and get checked-in with the event. Anyone arriving after 9am will still have the opportunity to check-in and get their GPS, so if you have late arrivals on your team, no worries.

Website questions? Please contact Susan Scott at ACS - 970-350-5017 or susan.nissen-scott@cancer.org

Team questions? Please contact Megan Drews at meg.drews@gmail.com

We are looking forward to seeing you at the event next Saturday! Thank you so much for your support in the fight against cancer! Keep up the great work with your fundraising!

Sincerely,

Hope on the Slopes Committee

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM
1. Jeff
2. Shiny/Ang
3. P2
4. Nattynoo
While I hate to admit I'm dating her (she's gonna kill me for saying that :rock:), I suppose we can change +1 to Angela. That's it, the secret's out :oops:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
gah... it's spelled "dating" foo ! :slap:... She could kill you for that !

nattynoo
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Is the cabin stay for Friday night only? Or Saturday night as well?

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Who's planning on just hauling ass all day for the vertical feet challenge? Cause I'll be w/ that group. :twisted:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Who's planning on just hauling ass all day for the vertical feet challenge? Cause I'll be w/ that group. :twisted:
Aren't we ALL doing that?

~Barn~
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
:lol:

You know somebody is going to spend all day in the Terrain Park and get like 108 Vertical Feet for the day.

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Aren't we ALL doing that?
Not necessarily. There will be the ones that will want to, but are slower and I really don't want to wait up. Then the people that like to stop 4 or 5 times on the way down the hill. You know what I'm saying.

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Who's planning on just hauling ass all day for the vertical feet challenge? Cause I'll be w/ that group. :twisted:We should just fill our camelbacks with energy drinks and Advil!

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Then the people that like to stop 4 or 5 times on the way down the hill. You know what I'm saying.
I know for sure. My fat out of shape ass knows EXACTLY what you're saying :lol:

I'll certainly do everything I can to make as many runs as humanly possible though :D

We should just fill our camelbacks with energy drinks and Advil!
:up: :up:

I might have to add some codeine...

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM
:lol:

You know somebody is going to spend all day in the Terrain Park and get like 108 Vertical Feet for the day.
Just jump up and down all day @ the bar.

~Barn~
In all honesty, if you're the type to get sore, and suffer from fatigue, take your 3 Advil as soon as you park the car, and then pop 3 more at lunch.

Oh yeah... Probably goes w/out saying, but drink lots of water.

Sean
I'll certainly do everything I can to make as many runs as humanly possible though :DJust make it up the chairlift and I'll give ya a big push :slappers:

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Just jump up and down all day @ the bar.

Just stay in the gondola all day :lol:

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
We should just fill our camelbacks with energy drinks and Advil!
:lol: That's a lot of Monster! Hmmmm :think: Replacement bladders aren't THAT expensive, right??

I'm planning on bringing my camelback and some protein bars so I don't need to stop for lunch.

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
In all honesty, if you're the type to get sore, and suffer from fatigue, take your 3 Advil as soon as you park the car, and then pop 3 more at lunch.

Oh yeah... Probably goes w/out saying, but drink lots of water.
:up: Good advice

Just make it up the chairlift and I'll give ya a big push :slappers:
Sounds like a plan honey :makeout:

Just stay in the gondola all day :lol:
:spit:

BTW, the competition is on brutha. Just hit another $100 donation :D

I'm planning on bringing my camelback and some protein bars so I don't need to stop for lunch.
Good thought although the first 250 to register on Sat get a $10 lunch voucher...

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
:lol: That's a lot of Monster! Hmmmm :think: Replacement bladders aren't THAT expensive, right??

Yep, same here. Eat at 2:30pm when the competition stops.

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Good thought although the first 250 to register on Sat get a $10 lunch voucher...
True, but I'm not planning on stopping for lunch, especially if it ends @ 2:30.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Is the voucher good for just Saturday only or can you use it anytime ? anyone ??

Are we getting bib #'s or ? - I'm curious to see how we will get into the designated "fast" line ?

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
:
BTW, the competition is on brutha. Just hit another $100 donation :D

Damn! I didn't know you were posting from the bus station today :lol:

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Damn! I didn't know you were posting from the bus station today :lol:
I'm gonna break $1k today. Damnit my jaw sure is getting sore though :lol:

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Good thought although the first 250 to register on Sat get a $10 lunch voucher...Are there even 250 registered for the event? Cause I needs me a $10 sandwich!!!!! Yup, eat at 2:30 :up:

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm gonna break $1k today. Damnit my jaw sure is getting sore though :lol:
Take some advil and shut your whore mouth! Or open it.... http://www.600rr.net/vb/images/smilies/old/blow.gif

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Cause I needs me a $10 sandwich!!!!! Yup, eat at 2:30 :up:
:up: :up:

Take some advil and shut your whore mouth!
At least I'm out here making an effort today :spit:

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Damnit my jaw sure is getting sore though :lol:Yeah!

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah!
Men? I see no men here... :321:

nattynoo
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:42 PM

1+

My plan is to not stop, unless I need to pee.

I also plan on being in the singles lines for the lifts too, save precious time :up:

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I also plan on being in the singles lines for the lifts too, save precious time :up:
Natty, I think Scott said there will be designated lines at certain lifts for HOTS participants. I think :dunno:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
We are supposed to have a designated quick line, but not sure how that will be designated ? :dunno:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Natty, I think Scott said there will be designated lines at certain lifts for HOTS participants. I think :dunno:

But HOTS, you are NOTS....

nattynoo
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Hope so! That would make things a lot easier!

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
The booklet says that there will be designated lines for us, so there's probably going to be a line where you have to be wearing the participant bib to get onto the lift quickly.

nattynoo
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
The booklet says that there will be designated lines for us, so there's probably going to be a line where you have to be wearing the participant bib to get onto the lift quickly.

Good to know :)

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Just printed mine out.. trying to read but distracted by the forums today..

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
The Competition
While at the Hope on the Slopes event, vertical feet will be
tracked through the Flaik GPS system. For team vertical feet, to ensure
fairness no matter the size of a team, the total feet skied/ridden by a team will be divided by the number of members on the team and the average will be used to determine the vertical feet team winners.
Individuals who are competing without a team as well as those who are
on teams qualify to compete for individual vertical feet and fundraising
prizes.

Both teams and individuals will compete for fantastic prizes on
two levels: Dollars Raised and Total Vertical Feet. Prizes include skis,
helmets, Breckenridge Mountain Money, free lodging, and much more!

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Just printed mine out.. trying to read but distracted by the forums today..

Got the email today, and got a copy in the mail today.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Discounted tickets will be $42

When you register you will pick up and personalize your bib along with checking out your GPS unit.

Vertical feet will only be tracked on Peaks 9 & 10

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
One thing that does suck is that you're bound to stay on Peaks 9 & 10. Those are the only two peaks where the GPS will register the vertical feet.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:08 PM
We can always hit up the Imperial Chair a few times to boost us up !

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM
We can always hit up the Imperial Chair a few times to boost us up !

Nope, Imperial chair takes you to the top of Peak 8. It won't count.

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:16 PM
SONOFA !! :rant:

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Sponsored by CROCS, your favorite, Alex !! :lol:

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Sponsored by CROCS, your favorite, Alex !! :lol:

My currently favorite Facebook group:

"I Don't Care How Comfortable CROCS Are, You Still Look Like A Dumbass."

Sully
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I know.. makes me laugh every time !!! :lol:

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
My currently favorite Facebook group:

"I Don't Care How Comfortable CROCS Are, You Still Look Like A Dumbass."
I need to join that group. :lol:

Timmay
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ill be staying at the cabin too, dont know if its just Friday or Sat as well. I will try to keep up with all you fast guys.

Canuck
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Ill be staying at the cabin too, dont know if its just Friday or Sat as well. I will try to keep up with all you fast guys.

:doublefinger:

You literally took that last spot within a minute of me doing the same.

God Damn slow cell connection.

Matty
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Fundraising minimums for vertical feet For any team or individual wishing to compete for the vertical feet prizes, the minimum fundraising requirement is $200 per person average. So, if a team of 8 people has one person that raises $1200 and the other members make up the remaining $400 they will qualify to compete for most vertical feet. Any individual, whether they are part of a team or not, that raises a minimum of $200 will be eligible to compete for the most vertical feet by an individiual prize. We will continue counting fundraising that comes in until 10am on the day of the event. So if you have fundraising that is supposed to be coming in online, be sure that it is showing up on Saturday morning!

Looks like our team will be able to compete in the Team Vertical Feet Challenge.

Timmay
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
:doublefinger:

You literally took that last spot within a minute of me doing the same.

God Damn slow cell connection.

Sorry buddy, your still coming up for the day though, right?

Matty
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
there still are those 2 members on the team that have $0 contributions.

What's the deal with them?

Player 2
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM

I was kinda wondering that myself... :|

PiercedDuc
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I was kinda wondering that myself... :|

LOL I asked Scott about that as well, he said they both were collecting cash donations.

Sean
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM

$0 = A round of beer's for the team? :dunno:

~Barn~
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling these are folks who easily have enough to "cover it" so-to-speak, if worse comes to worse.
:dunno:

Matty
Fri Feb 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I have a feeling these are folks who easily have enough to "cover it" so-to-speak, if worse comes to worse.
:dunno:
i figured that as well. And i'm pretty sure Scott will take care of it.

can't wait till next weekend.

Sean
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM
Congrats to Player 2! He went over $1000.00 in donations last night!!!!! :bananna: Way to go Jon! Right now, the Cereal Killers are sweeping ALL catagories. Not bad for a bunch half-ass adreneline junkies :up:

Matty
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
if someone over $200 wants to throw some donations my way, by all means please do.

I plan on destroying the Vertical Feet challenge.

rybo
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
$0 = A round of beer's for the team? :dunno:

Crash and Lauren are collecting donations manually and will be bringing them to registration. I'm not concerned about them in any way.

That being said, I'm totally pumped about how we are doing as a team! Thank you for all your hard work!

Player 2
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
if someone over $200 wants to throw some donations my way, by all means please do.
That was my original plan. I had switched my link to Natty's til I decided I wanted to break $1k...

Good to know Scott :up: Just felt a bit odd seeing big fat 0 next to their names ;)

I'm really stoked how we're doing as a team!! I think I set a pretty good # for Alex to reach now

PiercedDuc
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, hopefully Jon won't be out of reach by morning of the event. Jon's doing a great job, I can see a huge line at the station for his lip service so there's gotta be more $$ coming his way :lol:

Player 2
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
I can see a huge line at the station for his lip service so there's gotta be more $$ coming his way :lol:
:spit:

Sean
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Uh oh Alex, I'm only $5 behind you. :slap:
Soon as I pass you, it's on to the giving Jon a beat down! :guns:

If anybody has a few extra bucks that they want to give to a good cause, I know a few people under $200 would love a little push :up:

Sully
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM
So Sean, will you be joining Jon at the bus station for the "beat downs" ? :hump: .. Anything you can do to increase our Team pledges would be awesome !

Sean
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM
So Sean, will you be joining Jon at the bus station for the "beat downs" ? :hump: Awe, come on Sully; you have a ton more experience servicing random men in the bathrooms of bus stations than I ever will. All you have to do now, is charge them a couple of bucks instead of it being free. :lol:

Sully
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
:slap:... I am soooo kicking your ass on Friday night, you'll be the gimp on the slopes... too bad it isn't the thhhpecial olympics weekend !

btw - Everyone is doing a great job with pledges, keep it up !!!! :bananna:

Timmay
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I have some cash that was given to me that I have to donate still.

Player 2
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to push this week to be the top overall earner again. I got passed at some point over the weekend :cry:

Matty
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to push this week to be the top overall earner again. I got passed at some point over the weekend :cry:
or you could put some in my name. Don't know why, but i'm having a hard time getting people to donate...

Player 2
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah but I'm pretty sure I win something for being the top individual... :p

nattynoo
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 01:21 PM
or you could put some in my name. Don't know why, but i'm having a hard time getting people to donate...

Me too. I guess with the crappy economy these days, its harder for people to be generous. I have done everything that I can think of to raise money! But still not much response...

Wyck
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Me too. I guess with the crappy economy these days, its harder for people to be generous. I have done everything that I can think of to raise money! But still not much response...

I don't think you've done everything....:boobies: It is Mardi Gras after all :D

Player 2
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 02:12 PM
The economy might have a little to do with it but my from my experiences people are just cheap in general (no, not everyone so don't anyone go getting offended here)

It seems like that if they're not getting something in return for their donation they won't go out of their way to help charities.

~Barn~
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Which makes Wyck's point ever more valid. :lol:

Matty
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hmmm......

nattynoo
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Hmmmm...that is a thought!?!? Are you sure you are ok with offering a peek at the :boobies: for donations, cuz I would be happy to arrange an event just for you!?

Sean
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I've got a dollar with your name on it Natty :up:

nattynoo
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I've got a dollar with your name on it Natty :up:

Great Sean. REAL mature. But I will take it cuz I need the donations :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Sooooooooo the Smith rep I bought my goggles from is going to try and get Smith to help out this weekend. I'll let you guys know more, when I know more. ;)

Wyck
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hmmmm...that is a thought!?!? Are you sure you are ok with offering a peek at the :boobies: for donations, cuz I would be happy to arrange an event just for you!?

Wait...yours or mine?!?!?!?! :crazy:

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Wait...yours or mine?!?!?!?! :crazy:
Both! You'll get more money that way.

rybo
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Sooooooooo the Smith rep I bought my goggles from is going to try and get Smith to help out this weekend. I'll let you guys know more, when I know more. ;)

AWESOME! Nice work! I know the event could use some more prizes, so even if they wanted to donate a few pairs of goggles that would be great!

If you need contact info for the person at ACS in charge of the event let me know!

scott

~Barn~
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM

I really can't argue with that.

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:29 AM
AWESOME! Nice work! I know the event could use some more prizes, so even if they wanted to donate a few pairs of goggles that would be great!

If you need contact info for the person at ACS in charge of the event let me know!

scott
Shooting you a PM now.

Wyck
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM

But I don't need to raise donations and I already made my contribution. :)

nattynoo
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
But I don't need to raise donations and I already made my contribution. :)

But, but...you could still help me raise money :yes:

Mother Goose
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 11:52 AM
But, but...you could still help me raise money :yes:
Yeah, you still have 3.5 days.