PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts request

mtnairlover
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Imagine if you will, sleeping in bed with your SO by your side. At about 2 a.m. you are awakened by your SO who complains he hasn't been able to sleep for hours. You're groggy and just want to sleep, so you tell him whatever possible in order to hit slumber-land again.

A couple of hours goes by and you are awakened to what you think is snoring from your SO. You nudge to get him to stop...nothing...so, you nudge harder and tell him to knock it off...still nothing and the sound he's making actually seems real strange. You roll over and turn on the light and there he is struggling for air. You rush into action and try to provide assisted breathing, but you can't because his jaw is clenched shut. YOu call for your teenage daughter to call 911 and she comes in to help you figure out a way to get him to breath. He starts turning purple and you can't find his pulse. The EMTs show up and try to resuscitate, but can't, so they pull out the defibrillator and after three tries, the pulse is back and they've got him intubated to help him breathe. Blood is all over the place because of the struggle to open the trachea. You then rush to the hospital and test after test, you are told that your SO...a man in his mid-40s, all 5feet 11inches and 165 pounds worth, career Army man is in heart failure.

That's what happened last night to my sis-in-law's (my late brother's widow) boyfriend of 8 years.

I know all too well the feeling of helplessness in not being able to do a damn thing to save someone's life, but some positive thoughts would go a long way to letting him know people are pulling for him. So this is my request.

kalibra
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I Will be praying for him and his family,and hope he pulls through this.If there's anything I can help with please just ask.Cj

daemon
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
bummer cath!!!
our every thought goes out to their family!!!!

DevilsTonic
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Thoughts and well wishes are with them.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family .............

asp_125
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Healing thoughts sent. {{{{{Cath}}}}}

dirkterrell
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
What a terrifying thing to have to experience. I hope that he can recover fully. It is amazing how far cardiac treatment has come.

Dirk

Snowman
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I‘m sorry to hear about your sister-in-laws situation.

The fear of losing a loved one can so offten cause some to blame themselves for not acting fast enough or in the right way. Make sure your sister-in-law doesn’t fall into this and dwell on what could have happened, because it didn’t. She did the right thing at the right time, the proof of that is that he is still alive.

She should remember that there are many more days to come and he will need her there with all the optimism she can bring with him fighting his condition. You would be surprised how many have lived longer on just positive thinking.

mtnairlover
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Thank you everyone for the positive vibes and hugs.:)

She should remember that there are many more days to come and he will need her there with all the optimism she can bring with him fighting his condition. You would be surprised how many have lived longer on just positive thinking.

We went through my brother dying. It was hard to watch him wither away. I felt completely helpless, because there was nothing I could do. Lori is tough, though. When she called me, she was very logical and almost textbook like. She's a radiology tech and so she knew the steps to take to try and resuscitate, it was Bob's airway that was constricted. She's doing ok and has family close by. I was more worried that this was the end for Bob, but if he pulls through, they can attach a mini-defibrillator, so that his heart beats normally.

And yes...I do know the power of positive thinking...so thanks.:)

RajunCajun
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I don't pray much, but I just made a request;) Let us know how everything turns out.

MAZIN
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Thoughts and healing prayers, Hope everything will be ok.

Think
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Any service member is going to get my support (not that I wouldn't if he wasn't in the Army). My thoughts are with him.

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Cathy I never pray, ever. I will send good vibes.

Scer
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I hope he is going to be ok dear. What a scary situation for your sis-in-law. =(

breath on breathas

mtnairlover
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Update:

Well, Robert is off the ventilator. He's even talking...well, if you can call "thhhhank u fer talkin..." talking, then I'd say he's a whole lot better off than say yesterday morning at around 5'ish in the morning when he was clinically dead for 3 minutes.

He's still in the hospital. He sucked down some liquid food today. They're still perplexed as to what actually happened, so he'll be transported to Presbyterian St. Lukes in a day or so from Cheyenne for more tests. The results of those tests hopefully will give them the answer they need and he may or may not need that mini-defibrulator.

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone again for the positive vibes.:)

dirkterrell
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Update:

Well, Robert is off the ventilator. He's even talking...

Awesome news Cathy! :up:

Dirk

asp_125
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:26 PM
That's good news, Cathy. Continued best wishes for Robert.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:31 PM
He'll do a whole lot better at PSL. Their cardiac unit is really outstanding.

Matty
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Glad to hear he doing well.

bodhizafa
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Nice to hear things are getting better. More good vibes your way.