PDA

View Full Version : finally got off my depressed ass and got out.

jimwallace
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 10:00 PM
and boy was it good. I put in 600 miles of riding this weekend and let loose of some of the current frustrations in my life. all i can say is thank god i ride cause it truly can be a life saving thing.

PhL0aTeR
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 10:40 PM
to this day, ive never seen a motorcycle outside a shrinks office, gllad you have an out... think of all those depressed people that dont have a bike.... i bet they beat their wives or sumthin....

Tipys
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I have still to this day had only once when riding couldn't make me happy.

I will always remember that day. 08/02/2008\/\/\/\/\/\/

jimwallace
Mon Jan 19th, 2009, 11:30 PM
well if i could strap a shrink to the back of the bike and have them work while i rode maybe i could find an answer for all that ails me, but until then the bike is best for me.

mtnairlover
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Glad you got out and nice to have met ya, Jim. Ditto on the way riding can help to rearrange perspective.:)

McVaaahhh
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:21 AM
An energetic run up your favorite road has more effect than any prescription ever can.

"Take 200 miles and call me in the morning."

Those who don't ride will never get it.

y_merkle
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Nothing like the open road and the twist of the throttle to make you forget everything for a while. Here to things looking up for you man.

SaShWhO
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
this sums it up

64BonnieLass
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Are you the Jim I met at the long table in Estes?

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM
If he was about a foot taller then everyone there. I would say yes

McVaaahhh
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM

DeVeck
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
It's funny that this thread came up. I had a conversation with a good friend last week about how people don't really understand how much riding actually helps. People kind of look at sport riders as a nuisance. Which is slightly frustrating. God I need to get my new bike...ugh...

jimwallace
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Are you the Jim I met at the long table in Estes?
i sure am....the really tall guy that was sitting in the short chair at the tall table, looking like a little kid:yes: did anyone else follow that:wtf:

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
So you were sitting at the kid table there jim

jimwallace
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:07 AM
yep:music:I was all by my self, no one was looking.....i was all by myself:music:I went to your house,but no one was there
I went in your room
I was all by myself
You and me had
Such wonderful times
When I'm all by myself,
All by myself:music:

BigE
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM
An energetic run up your favorite road has more effect than any prescription ever can.

"Take 200 miles and call me in the morning."

Those who don't ride will never get it.

Have to say "Ain't that the truth!"

I finally got to dig my bike out last night just to run to the kids class I teach at church, my son rode with and we had a most excellent 20mi trip.

64BonnieLass
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hahaha, even in the short chair, you still cleared the tall table. Ha!

It was great to meet you and finally put a face with the name.

I'm glad you had a great weekend. It was good therapy for me too.

Mental
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
I rode today. It was nice, all the bikers were smiling and nodding at each other as we took our gear off in the M/C parking. A whole slew of folks who "get it."

Brat
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
jim its warm there hit 50 and enjoy the ride, again.. such good riding down there. :) you can never get out enough eh.