PDA

View Full Version : skydiving anyone???

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hey well I am thinking about going skydiving for my birthday. Anyone else wanna go. Skydivetherockies.com

OldKneeDragger
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Oh yeah! I did the same thing when I was your age. I only made 10 jumps total and had my Mother watching me for the first time on my last jump (and first free fall). I had a streamer and had to use the reserve chute.

She was never the same about that again.

OldKneeDragger
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
By the way, check into it. When I did this, I had to go through a very extensive training where they beat into your head the procedure until it was automatic. My first jump was a static line jump where the rip cord was held by the jump master in the plane and he pulled it as I exited. I was on my own after that.

Now they seem to favor "tandem jumps" where the jump master is strapped in front of you and you share the same parachute. You are merely along for the ride.

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Ya that sounds like fun. I want to do a solo but thata not gonna happen for a little while

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM
By the way, check into it. When I did this, I had to go through a very extensive training where they beat into your head the procedure until it was automatic. My first jump was a static line jump where the rip cord was held by the jump master in the plane and he pulled it as I exited. I was on my own after that.

Now they seem to favor "tandem jumps" where the jump master is strapped in front of you and you share the same parachute. You are merely along for the ride.

Ya tandem is what I am going to do first. Been looking into it quite a bit and it seems pretty simple

Mental
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Had some folks in my office do that and they loved it. Same compnay. I am just not that keen on having some guy strapped to my butt screaming "pull it! pull it!" as we free fall.

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Mental I thought you flew planes?

Mental
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Fly on planes. Just one really, the E-3. I sit in the back. I was in Pilot training for 6 months. I did parasail behind a Dodge van for that twice in a feild in Enid Oklahoma.

Of course, there are no E-3s here, I am on a "out of the plane" assignment.

Regardless, the E-3 has no parachutes, almost every crew aircraft doesn't. We ride it in.

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Oh ok I thought you flew planes also thought that meant you went to jump school so you wouldn't have to have the guy behind you yelling pull it pull it. Guess I was wroung

jimwallace
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
IM IN!!!!!!.....how much was it?

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Its $177 for a tandem jump

jimwallace
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
the guys here in canon are 100bucks. and i know they know what they are doing cause i have seen them doing it literally hundreds of times

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM
These are the guys in canon

t_jolt
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:43 AM
seriously i would love to do this as well, what date are we talking about?

64BonnieLass
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I jumped one year for my Birthday. I did it somewhere out in South Springs somewhere, can't remember. And I went tandem.

I figured if I was gonna die, then I may as well have a hottie strapped to me when it happened. :)

But I would love to go again. When it's warmer though. I'm not sure I am in the mood for the cold temperatures at 11,000 feet. :cold:

Let me know Trevor and I will go with you guys.

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'm looking around feb 6th

t_jolt
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
ah to soon for me, perhaps we could arrange something for this summer?

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Ya if I like it I will be game to go agian

jimwallace
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
i cant do it on the 6th, i will be up in wyoming working, i get home tht night.

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Well being I won't be in school it will most likely be that saturday which I think is the 7th

y_merkle
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Man I would love to do this too! I've actually been talking to Brian about it for awhile. Let us know when you decide to go so maybe we can join you. What and awesome way to celebrate your birthday!

Cat118!
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I wanna go!!!!!!!!

thatmofo
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Do these jumps count against the number of jumps you need in order to start base jumping/wingsuiting?

Tipys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I think they would being base jumping and wing suiting is illegal its just a matter of how many times you want to jump before you start those things

y_merkle
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM
The jump zone Trevor is think of going has a discount for groups of 10 or more!

Cat118!
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM
yeah a bit short notice for me as well
How about when its warmer season like April plan a trip

FALCONSEYE
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:36 AM
sorry but tandem is *gay*/ not that anything wrong with it. do they have any skydiving schools down there? I jumped 5 times with T10s. (the ones that look like umbrellas, old school ww2 parachutes) . let me know...

Tipys
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:39 AM
sorry but tandem is *gay*/ not that anything wrong with it. do they have any skydiving schools down there? I jumped 5 times with T10s. (the ones that look like umbrellas, old school ww2 parachutes) . let me know...

I believe they do have a jump school. But I am not sure quit what your looking for so i would just check check the site. www.skydivetherockies.com

salsashark
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'd be down for a Spring/Summer trip...

Tipys
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a 2nd trip maybe in order

Mental
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM

Didin't say it was gay, I said I don't want a guy strapped to my butt. I was raised as an only child, I like my space, deal with it.