PDA

View Full Version : It feels so good

DevilsTonic
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I finally braved the cold this morning at 6 and rode in since we're supposed to hit 70+ today. I'm still a bit chilled from the ride it, but it feels so good to get out and ride to work.

Who else took advantage of the weather?

Sortarican
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
+1 :)
Ya gotta make hay while the sun shines.

dirkterrell
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I finally braved the cold this morning at 6 and rode in since we're supposed to hit 70+ today. I'm still a bit chilled from the ride it, but it feels so good to get out and ride to work.

I ride most every day when there isn't frozen precip to worry about. My 8-mile ride is short enough that even when it's in the teens in the morning it isn't too bad. Enjoy the ride home! I'm probably going to get lost going home myself. :)

Dirk

t_jolt
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Oh oh, i did, Even got a ticket this morning on south bound c-470 if any of you happened be driving that way between 7:15 and 8... 13 over! and 240 in fines...

asp_125
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I rode to work (40mi) in the dark and probably will ride home in the dark. :( If it weren't so busy I'd take off at lunch and run Lookout Mtn. But it looks like I'll miss all that nice sunshine today.

Kappa03
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I work at 11 today but gotta leave here in about 20 mins, I plan on riding from HRanch to Parker so it shouldn't be bad.

Vehicle 1
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I ride most every day when there isn't frozen precip to worry about.

+1, and if my bike is working....lol

Today it was warm enough, here in Golden, to even take the liner off my jacket :rock:

D.

DevilsTonic
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I didn't have the liner in my jacket either, but in traffic i'm an hour away from the house so it tends to chill you pretty good. I figured it's better to be a bit chilled on the way here, than to over heat on the way home.

I'll be leaving here just before dark, but I may take a few minutes and go ride around at lunch time just so that I can actually enjoy it. I do enjoy sitting here and staring at my bike out the window. My desk is right next to the motorcycle parking so I have my eye on her all day.

Panman06
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Rode yesterday, today and maybe tomorrow. I still have to use glove liners in the mornings.

Wyck
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Me so jealousy. I dunno if I'm going to be able to hold out til April. That's a long way away :(

Foolds
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Didn't get to ride today... But I'm Off tomorrow!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Yesterday AND today. WooHoo!

puckstr
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I rode yesterday. This morning I pussed out and drove.
I am so ashamed of myself. Tomorrow I RIDE.

DevilsTonic
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Me so jealousy. I dunno if I'm going to be able to hold out til April. That's a long way away :(Why you gotta wait til april?

64BonnieLass
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I got stuck with client appt's today. But tomorrow and Thursday I'm riding. I even get new tires on Thursday - so will be forced to ride across town at lunch. Poor Me :D. :yay::yay:

Vehicle 1
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM
My desk is right next to the motorcycle parking so I have my eye on her all day.
Jealousy.....

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
+1 Dirk!

Any day I don't have to worry about black ice (especially on the way home after the temp got barely warm enough to melt some snow then cold enough to freeze it again during the day) or percipitation, I'm on the bike. Get'n up a nice gear closet so I can ride in all sorts of weather now.

If you ride to work every day your problems will never follow you home

Wyck
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Why you gotta wait til april?

Money Honey! I have two loans that get paid off in April giving me money for a bike payment :)

Devaclis
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I took the car today. I knew that a lot of you fair weather riders were gonna be on the road and I wanted to be safe.

Sortarican
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I took the car today. I knew that a lot of you fair weather riders were gonna be on the road and I wanted to run you over.

^^^ Fixed it for ya.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I took the car today. I knew that a lot of you fair weather riders were gonna be on the road and I wanted to be safe.
Stay off the sidewalks and we'll be fine

UglykidJoe
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I was too tired when I woke up to be safe during my 35 mi commute so I just drove in. Being a newb and all didn't want risk doing something stoopid.

DevilsTonic
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Money Honey! I have two loans that get paid off in April giving me money for a bike payment :)Well until then you can ride bitch on mine any time!

Ray-Ray
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM

I almost moved your bike on my walk today! :shocked: hehehe!! What a beautiful day!

Wyck
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Well until then you can ride bitch on mine any time!

Saaweeeeeeeeet! :)

asp_125
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone get out for a ride over noon hour? I'm stuck in a windowless cube and I need to live vicariously. Post up!

TFOGGuys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Rode yesterday and today. May have to "get lost" tomorrow after my doctor's appointment....

dirkterrell
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Rode yesterday and today. May have to "get lost" tomorrow after my doctor's appointment....

Yeah, but your boss will give you hell. He's such a dick. :)

Dirk

Sortarican
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Anyone get out for a ride over noon hour? I'm stuck in a windowless cube and I need to live vicariously. Post up!

It was beautiful!

Blow off the Doctors appointment and ride all day.
(Besides, I read in an AMA article that they can't fix "crazy", so what's the point.):)

TFOGGuys
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but your boss will give you hell. He's such a dick. :)

Dirk
He can't say shit...tomorrow's my day off....besides, I can kisk his ass....

It was beautiful!

Blow off the Doctors appointment and ride all day.
(Besides, I read in an AMA article that they can't fix "crazy", so what's the point.):)

I'm not trying to fix "crazy", just a couple of bum shoulders....but the doc appointment is at 10, so I have at least until I go get the wife at lunch to play....

Sortarican
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
....but the doc appointment is at 10, so I have at least until I go get the wife at lunch to play....

The Hwy 6/119/7 run was nice and clean yesterday with the exception of a little snow melt in spots.

SaShWhO
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I also rode to work today and so long the sun has not fully set at quit-n-time I'm gonna run up and down Boulder Canyon real quick like.

lovin it

FZ1Guy
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Yea, rode into work about an hour ago... weather was very nice. :yumyum:

MetaLord 9
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:17 PM
If only the roads were as nice as the weather! Deer Creek = teh sucks

Sortarican
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I also rode to work today and so long the sun has not fully set at quit-n-time I'm gonna run up and down Boulder Canyon real quick like.

lovin it

Post up what it's like if you go.
Thought about cutting up it yesterday but ran short on time and energy.

Anyone do Lefthand or the Big Thompson (34) this weekend?

DevilsTonic
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Post up what it's like if you go.
Thought about cutting up it yesterday but ran short on time and energy.

Anyone do Lefthand or the Big Thompson (34) this weekend?We did Boulder Canyon on Sunday..

check it!

http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28675

bodhizafa
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Damn, I pussied out today. Thought it would be to cold when I left work tonight(11pm).

Jim_Vess
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm on vacation all week, so today I headed up Boulder Canyon to Ned, then over to Highway 7 on PTP and down 7 to Lyons.

Other than some snow melt and a little bit of sand in spots on the PTP, the roads were clear. Up on PTP, it was pretty damn cold in the shade. I wished I'd remembered to put the silk liners in my gloves.

If I have time tomorrow before I have to pick my son up from school, I think I'll that loop again. This time I'll remember the damn liners.

thatmofo
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I have ridden every day since last Thursday - Almost on my 4th tank of gas since then. Might have to start the car in the morning to make sure it still runs. Tomorrow will be 69 in the Springs so I'll be out and about on my lunch break again. There have been quite a few cops out lately though. I'm assuming the bike cops will be out tomorrow too.

Raptor
Tue Jan 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Oh oh, i did, Even got a ticket this morning on south bound c-470 if any of you happened be driving that way between 7:15 and 8... 13 over! and 240 in fines...

Bummer! But, at least you were out riding. lol. I went for a nice long ride today around town(s), adn fortunately, no tickets! :yay:
Tomorrow though, I get to go pay a nice, fat, $400.00 ticket in the City of Revenu...I mean City of Aurora. I'll be riding there too. BTW, didn't get the ticket on my bike.

Slow down bro! At least when the cops is lookin'! Peace.

Hope to see some of you all on the road tomorrow. Don't be like the 70 or so too-cool-to-wave-at-a-sportbike-while-reppin'-the-lifestyle douches I attempted to acknowledge today.

200sr20
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 02:25 AM
The weather wasn't the only thing I took advantage of today:)