PDA

View Full Version : VIN Inspection - Springs

Wyck
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM
Some of you may remember a while back I posted about getting some vehicles towed. Well I got that taken care of but now I need to have a VIN inspection done on the 54 chrysler so I can get a duplicate title. Only problem is the car is immobilized and sitting at the towing company's storage yard. The owner of the towing company said he has a dealer friend who can take care of the vin inspection that should be available on Friday. (I am coming down to the Springs from Denver for an appointment that day) He wanted me to call when I am on the way down to make sure that his friend was available before coming to the tow yard. I'd really like to get this taken care of on Friday and was hoping to get a referral for someone (LEO or someone with a dealer license) who can help me get this taken care of if my original plan doesn't work out.

gsxrscott
Wed Jan 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
stop by the highway patrol station, they can do it

Wyck
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Think I could convince them to come out to the tow yard? Cause that sucker isn't going anywhere. :(

Mental
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Think I could convince them to come out to the tow yard? Cause that sucker isn't going anywhere. :(

Swing by, find out when shift change is, catch a guy getting off work and offer him a burger or something, tell the guy at the desk the story and I bet they have a name for you. Despite what a lot of folks say, Cops are straight up folks and appreciatte genuine honesty (its a rare thing in their world). I bet iif they can't hook you up that day, they will tell you when they can.

Captain Obvious
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
I called and chatted with the Highway Patrol to get a VIN inspection on 6 vehicles. Out of state transfer in, not the fancy version. The patrolman ended up stopping by my house on his way home. He lived past me and was already clocking OT.

Make sure you call in advance and they should be willing to meet you if you give them heads up notice for a vehicle that isn't mobile.

Wyck
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
I will give them a call thanks!