PDA

View Full Version : New Rig needs a bedliner

Airreed
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
I recently purchased a '09 F-150 Super Crew, now I need to find a place to get a spary in bedliner. I've searched on some other sites reference Rhino and Line X...people love and hate them both.

If you have a liner in your truck what did you get and why?

rforsythe
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Spray liner FTW! I'll try to remember the name of the place that did it, it's very close to you. Excellent work and done fast (you will need to leave the truck w/ them for the day).

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Nice looking truck BTW.

longrider
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
I have LineX and have been very satisfied, it is over 10 years now with no problems. It gives traction when wet, I think Rhino gets rather slick when wet.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
I had LineX in my F-150 and was quite satisfied with it.

There is a LineX off of Santa Fe and C-470.

Airreed
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Sweet!!!

Do you happen to know what you paid for liner?

rforsythe
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mine was a little over $400, but that's also a long-bed F-350. Yours will likely cost less. This place did a great job making sure not to coat over bolts, holes, grommets, etc as well (lots of extra time in prep detail), which cheaper places typically avoid.

Kitten
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
I've been really happy with my linex. It's held up very well to abuse including loading and unloading heavy pallets and baskets with a forklift.

XJ600s
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
If you want to do a paint on yourself project, you can pick up a gallon of Herculiner for usually under $100 at a local hardware/auto store. There is a competing brand called Grizzly Grip that sells the same stuff in multiple colors, so you can match your trucks paint, your cargo's color (aka your bike) or whatever else you want.

A friend of mine bought the Herculiner and he painted the entire inside floor bed and up to the windows of his 76 Scout. Just be forewarned, if you paint this stuff on, wear tons of clothing and under no circumstances get it on your skin. It will not come off. Period. Ever. Think ER visit to get it off because you'll pour so many chemicals on your skin you'll need to be treated for chemical burn before the stuff comes off.

Links to both sites:

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

http://www.herculiner.com/

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
I think mine was about $400 as well.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
FWIW - I picked Line-X because at the time the Rhino liner was unbelievably slippery when it was wet and you were in the bed, whereas the Line-X had even better grip when it was wet.

I do not know if that is still the case though. I had mine installed in '01.

rforsythe
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Ok more details on mine... Rhino Lining, put on at Maxair near County Line and I-25. I haven't noticed the slippery-when-wet phenomenon, not that I make a big point of climbing in the bed in the rain but it seems fine to me.

Mine has been in over a year now, driven across the country, had chemicals spilled on it, bikes loaded, ramps/boxes/tools/wood thrown on it, etc and I just can't kill this stuff. If you still work at the DMVA building there off Revere then I am about 1/2 mile from you, if you want to take a look at the job this shop did before you buy it (and see why I absolutely recommend their work).

You can go the DIY route, but IMO if you pay for a $100 liner, that's the quality you can expect. Not to mention the wasted set of clothes, risk of chemical exposure, and what ends up being a considerable amount of prep work to keep it from looking ghetto on your nice shiny new truck. Pay the money to get it done right.

~Barn~
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Nice truck, Jason. That color combo is sharp. :up:

Airreed
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm going to pass on the Do It Yourself gig.

Barn- It's the Lariat so leather, Navigation system, all the bells and whistles.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
BTW, sexy truck! :drool:

InlineSIX24
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
I had LineX in my F-150 and was quite satisfied with it.

There is a LineX off of Santa Fe and C-470.

btw- Those guys closed shop unless they recently reopened. I tried to hit them up when I got my running boards done. The other guys I went to did a decent job. It made a huge different in time washing the truck.

JohnEffinK
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have Rhino in my 2007 F250. Rhino is softer than LineX. My Rhino is also fading to a grey color and need to be touched up with stuff to bring the color back which I have not done.

LineX would be the way I would go if I had to pay for it. It is a harder material and from everyone I talk to it fades less (close to none).

Rhino was in the truck when I bought it.

I have done the do it yourself kits and would not recommend it. Mine looked poor after about 4 years. Also, I applied it in my garage one day to get out of the sun. The chemicals will beat you down. I dont remember the last two hours I worked on it....really. It is also labor intensive to prep the surface and in my opinion is not really worth the savings of a couple/three hundred dollars.

John

Kristian
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
btw- Those guys closed shop unless they recently reopened. I tried to hit them up when I got my running boards done. The other guys I went to did a decent job. It made a huge different in time washing the truck.

Brad(the Line-X guy) moved to the old fire station on Broadway just north of Arapahoe, on the west side.

Also, Line-X gets slippery when wet, Rhino is soft and has better grip.