PDA

View Full Version : Alamosa/Sand Dunes Area

Midget Hellion
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Is anyone on the forum down in this area? In the future I will be spending a bit of time down there and looking for others to ride with.

SaShWhO
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
ride what?
if your into duning quads lemme know!.
I'll go with ya--(assuming my good friend Christian Cowboy let's me borrrow his shit)

dallas
Thu Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
ride what?
Just a guess but I am thinking an 03' GSXR 750 Yellow&Black "GoldDigger"

if your into duning quads lemme know!.
I'll go with ya--(assuming my good friend Christian Cowboy let's me borrrow his shit)
The dunes have been shut down to off highway vehicles for quite a few years now. Sorry.

Mental
Fri Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Not to pimp another site, but if you are a trail rider check out advrider.com, if you're a sportbiker, when the weather gets nicer, OKD has led a few rides through that area, keep an eye out here and maybe you could meet up with us.

Midget Hellion
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I was referring to sportbikes. I would be into the offroading stuff if I had the equipment. I'll keep an eye out, I will be in the area off and on all summer. The schedule will be sporadic, but I want to ride while I am there. I will be making the 4.5 hour trek from Denver anyway, might as well get some riding for fun in.

OldKneeDragger
Mon Jan 26th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Alamosa has plenty of good roads once it warms up. My favorites are just to the south of you.

The road over Cumbres Pass into Chama and back around through Pagosa Springs and back over Wolf Creek is great.

Highway 64 in New Mexico going east to Raton or west to Farmington is good.

A loop over Slumgullion Pass on 149 north of South Fork and up to Gunnison is great.

There are MANY other outstanding roads as well. Once it warms up, I'd be happy to show you the way :lol:.

The cold weather this week has me :banghead: dreaming of warmer days.

Midget Hellion
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Once the summer months come, I will certainly hit ya up and see if we can cruise some of the roads. Sounds like a good time!