PDA

View Full Version : Hayabusa Seat

T-Dub
Sat Jan 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
hey all you Busa guys, I bought a Suzuki brand (I think) gel seat for the K6 LE. Are these seats made specifically by Suzuki or another company? After a day ride, my butt was more sore than when I was using the stock seat. Do these seats "break-in" or did I waste my money? It's the silver and black seat with the Kanji in the center. Thanks Busa Boys and Girls.

towneh
Sat Jan 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
greetings T-Dub,
I do not know who makes that gelled seat. I use the Corbin seat which is somewhat "dished". The stock seat caused my family hardware to conform with the trailing contours of the fuel tank. Not a desired feature at all....
my .02
bus_Henry:siesta:

T-Dub
Sat Jan 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks Towneh, I agree that the stocker wasn't the most comfortable for the jewels, it's just that the gel seat seems harder than the stocker. Makes my butt hurt. I am hoping that it will break in over a little time.

PhL0aTeR
Sat Jan 24th, 2009, 11:09 PM
the gel seats are OEM.... ive had 2 of them on 2 separate bikes and dont recommend them

jetspeedz
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Gel seats are the best my ass can't handle the oem seat any longer then an hour

T-Dub
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
the gel seats are OEM.... ive had 2 of them on 2 separate bikes and dont recommend them

How come??

PhL0aTeR
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
the first one i had, i noticed the gel soaked in and held heat really bad, and it just was not comfortable, i ended up going a whole 'nother route. The last bike i bought had a gel seat on it already, but came with the stocker, and after riding it for a while, thought i would have the stock seat re-worked so me and a buddy were gonna ride to his friends house, who has re-done a few seats in his day so i figured id put the stocker on and just ride out since he was gonna do it while we waited, and found the stocker more comfortable than the gel and didnt see any reason to re-work it. Since then ive thought to myself, if suzuki can make a shitty OEM seat, what makes me think they can make one out of gel any better? the aftermarket companies are there for a reason.... lol... they are geared for comfort

T-Dub
Sun Jan 25th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I gotta say, you have a point. The gel is not nearly as comfortable as the stocker. I guess I wasted some more money. Shit.