PDA

View Full Version : Decent Import Mechanic Reccomendations

Mental
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM
My buddy has one of those behemoth Infinity rebadged Nissan Armadas things, and she needs some work on her power steering. Right now the dealer is trying to bend her over like my mother on 2 4 1 shot night at the road house. I had a really good shop I took my Beemer to off circle behind Bambino's but I can't remember the name.

But there are a few quality mechanics her and several good experiences, so whats a good foreign shop around here?

Bashed
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Gsxr Matt works over @ the toyo dealer.
Worked on Krissys VW on the side a few times
Sending a PM
Bash

dallas
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 01:34 PM
My cousin just opened his shop on N. Nevada. Just tell him Dallas sent you (or her) and he will give out the hommie hook up.

I also heard they have a guy up there that can weld like it's nobody's business.

Mental
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Gsxr Matt works over @ the toyo dealer.
Worked on Krissys VW on the side a few times
Sending a PM
Bash

Awesome. Got the PM, Thanks!

My cousin just opened his shop on N. Nevada. Just tell him Dallas sent you (or her) and he will give out the hommie hook up.

I also heard they have a guy up there that can weld like it's nobody's business.

Whats the shop's name, number? I tried googling Dallas's cousin but you don't want to know what came up

dallas
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
The number is 260-1011 and the name of the shop is Academy Transmission and Automotive. I believe the name will soon be Academy Automotive though.

Tipys
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
mental if neither one of those works shoot me a pm i maybe able to help

OldKneeDragger
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 07:35 PM
My cousin just opened his shop

Anybody else see the pattern here? Dallas seems to have cousins and Aunts all over the place. I'd ask how that would come to be but it's really not hard to imagine coming from the single wide....

zetaetatheta
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Anybody else see the pattern here? Dallas seems to have cousins and Aunts all over the place. I'd ask how that would come to be but it's really not hard to imagine coming from the single wide....
Little bit of Appalachia everywhere I guess...

jimwallace
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
hey mental, ive "turned a wrench" on a few "imports", mostly hispanic, asian, and european..........ohhhhhhhh, i think im talkin about the wrong thing.....my bad

Mental
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
You better hope that import of your never finds out about the euro and asian models...

jimwallace
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
my import has left me.

Mental
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The number is 260-1011 and the name of the shop is Academy Transmission and Automotive. I believe the name will soon be Academy Automotive though.

So this morning. my buddy thanks me. She went to see your cousin, and he quoted her $500 less than the dealer wanted, plus an additional 10% for military. Then he basically told her the work didn't need to be done, and explained why. Offered to do it anyway if she wanted peace of mind. She was quite impressed with the whole deal, and that he would talk his way out of a reapair job. She went with his opinion and even though he didn't turn a wrench on her truck, he earned a pretty loyal customer. She brought in a stack of business cards and put them in our cafeteria downstairs.

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Nice. I'm gald to see it worked out. My cousin is pretty fair and pretty honest. He has built all of his customer base by doing business this way.

Tipys
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:14 AM
now dallas your cousin is your cousin your brother and dad too

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Don't forget Uncle too........

He is all these things to me as well as a damn good mechanic.

Tipys
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 10:24 AM
and are you your own grandpa

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I guess so, at least that is what the family root tells me!!!

Tipys
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh man I don't even want to see what kind of fucked up tree that is but then again this is soco mine is probbly the same way