PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for Valentine's Day

mtnairlover
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hey girlies...I just have to share this and thought you'd all get a chuckle outta my misfortune...so, here goes...

So, there's this movie coming out on Feb. 6. Here's the link...http://www.hesjustnotthatintoyoumovie.com/ click on "Video" and watch the trailers if you haven't seen them on TV, yet.

Why do I showcase this movie? Cuz I was dumped 3 years ago by a guy who bought me the book...lol...yeah. The story goes...we were dating for 5 months and when I got a tad upset with him one time, he couldn't deal with the pressure of going through a misunderstanding, so instead he decided to dump me. But, he waited through the holidays, buying me Christmas presents, taking me out for New Years, telling me he loved me, etc. and then a week after New Years, he calls and says, let's meet at Starbucks. I knew immediately what was gonna happen, so I got there early, got my coffee and when he arrived, I asked if he was happy in the relationship. He was shocked that I knew what was going on, but admitted to wanting to break up. When we finished our talk, I followed him to his car and he had the book in a gift bag and said he was going to give it to me to help me understand that he wanted to break up with me, cuz he was afraid I was gonna throw a fit. Ha! He truly had no clue who I was. And that's the point of the book...

Anyhoo, I highly recommend the movie, or book, or both. And not just to you girls. Guys? Listen up and go...or get the book (http://www.hesjustnotthatintoyoumovie.com/). Oh and there's a quiz on that site that opens up the eyes a tad.

That is all.:)

ZiaThunder
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I really like the book. I've found it very helpful in dealing with me. Nowadays I just assume that they aren't that interested and move on. Unless, they give me a reason to believe otherwise.

I'm really curious about how the movie is going to work.

mtnairlover
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I'll find out how the movie stacks up tomorrow. Of course it'll be different in that the book doesn't follow actual people, etc. I'm thinking there's gonna be some dreamy sort of ending...meh.

Yeah, the book has kept me in line for the past 4 years, but makes me wonder if it's not a reason why I'm still alone, too. Even though I leave 'em alone like you...I get left alone as well...see what I mean? *sigh* ...nothing like not "looking"...ha!

ZiaThunder
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I'll find out how the movie stacks up tomorrow. Of course it'll be different in that the book doesn't follow actual people, etc. I'm thinking there's gonna be some dreamy sort of ending...meh.

Yeah, the book has kept me in line for the past 4 years, but makes me wonder if it's not a reason why I'm still alone, too. Even though I leave 'em alone like you...I get left alone as well...see what I mean? *sigh* ...nothing like not "looking"...ha!

I've wondered about that too, but I really don't care too much about it. Yet.
I actually, like being alone most of the time. If I have to be around people all the time, it drives me nuts. Even when I was married, I loved it when he or I got to go on travel.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Hey mtn... give us a movie report when ya see it... I'm really wanting to see it myself. Hell.. let's just have a girls night out and all see it! =)

mtnairlover
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Welp, if anyone wants to join us, we'll be doing dinner/drinks at Rock Bottom Brewery this evening in the Westminster Promenade at about 6 and then seeing the movie over at the AMC theater...more than likely the 8 pm showing.

PM me if ya feel like joining us.:)

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I won't be in town, but you have fun!!!

Ohhh looky - I made it to 100 posts! lol

Suki
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM
"myspace is the new bootycall" lmao!

hey if any girls want to have a girls night out, get some apps, drinks and see the movie then lets set it up. I can't join you tonight Cathy since I already gave the kitchen pass to alan :(

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Suki.. I get back home the night of the 16th, so anytime in the two weeks following that and I'm game!

Suki
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Lets look at the weekend of the 20th then and round up some girls!

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Woot woot! C'mon gals, let's go!!!

I'm free all day on Friday except a lil' thang around 6pm and I work at 8pm on Saturday...free again all of Sunday - so whatever works best for the masses.

Wyck
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I have plans to see this already but if it doesn't make me gag too much I may be down to go again to meet some of you girlies that I haven't met yet.

Suki
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Woot woot! C'mon gals, let's go!!!

I'm free all day on Friday except a lil' thang around 6pm and I work at 8pm on Saturday...free again all of Sunday - so whatever works best for the masses.

eek, okay then we might have to do another weekend. Saturday during the day i have other things going on, friday night you're busy... unless we do a daytime show on sunday?

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I can bail out early on Friday night if that works best for folks and we do it on the south side... I just have an informal home meeting for my Toastmasters group at six... I can't imagine not being able to scoot out by 7:30 or 8

mtnairlover
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Shall I post a puke rating tomorrow for this movie?

One :puke:for minimal amount of mush and 5 :puke:for horribly overstating the mush?

Suki
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
we'll see as it gets closer. i don't mind going to a day show.. hell i don't mind just getting out of the house!

(<-- has a 3 month old)

Suki
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
lol, cathy that would be awesome! i don't like the sappy chic flicks but i looove the funny ones!

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I second that on both counts.. the rating and the funny flicks

mtnairlover
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I'll do a combo rating...both :lol: and :puke:

mtnairlover
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Ok...the rating...

:lol::lol::lol::puke:

...based on my observations...so take it with a grain of salt.

Be prepared for some thoughtfulness after you leave the movie...

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well heck, as long as there is more funny than there is mushy - I'm happy! lol

GrlRdr
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I have plans to see this already but if it doesn't make me gag too much I may be down to go again to meet some of you girlies that I haven't met yet.

Ditto!! :)

ZiaThunder
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Ok...the rating...

:lol::lol::lol::puke:

...based on my observations...so take it with a grain of salt.

Be prepared for some thoughtfulness after you leave the movie...

Sweet! I'm going out with some friends on Monday night to watch it.

ZiaThunder
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 05:40 PM
You nailed the review. It was quite funny, it was that happy ending mush that almost ruined it for me. There was a number of times during it, I keep thinking that women are crazy. I really hope that I don't behave like that. I don't think that I do, I know when I was in my 20's I sometimes acted a little nutty, but never like that.

mtnairlover
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Oh fer sure, I've been the spazz in that movie...:lol: I never jumped a guy...but, just about everything else she did, that was me at one point or another in my life.

Meh...you learn your lessons, or you don't. Once learned...then the wait for the "real" relationship begins.

Wow...VD is definitely being felt this week on this here forum...ha! I kill me! (and you have to have been around in the 80's to remember where that line comes from;))

Wyck
Sat Feb 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
:puke::puke::puke::lol:

But I hate most chick flicks so take it with a grain of salt.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Feb 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
LOL... so I take it that means you won't be joining us for a Girls night out to go see it?

Wyck
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hahaha yeah I'm not sure I can sit through it again. But can maybe meet up before or after for a bit. :)